Case study Robert Quinn and Ryan Clady - I no longer understand offensive holding

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Im starting to buy into the theory that quinn is just so good that the refs are afraid hes gonna injure every QB we play against so they just let them hold him so we will still have some starting QBs playing in this league.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry @Elmgrovegnome I couldn't let that one go.

As to these holding non-calls, I was noticing a lot of it in last night's game but no where near as blatant as the holds I saw on Quinn Sunday and in virtually every game. Maybe someone can tell us when a headlock became acceptable blocking technique because that is what I am seeing pretty consistently and there is no way the zebras aren't seeing it. I realize the NFL wants to falsely propagate scoring and big offensive plays but this is really getting ridiculous.

I was going to put together a video of the 2 plays highlighted, it was going to be awesome, unfortunately British Telecom suck dog balls, so you'll have to do without :cry:.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
the ref is looking right at it on both of these. I was sitting behind this action and it was so blatantly obvious... and the ref was looking RIGHT at it. Everyone was screaming HOLDING!! .... nuthin'.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Im starting to buy into the theory that quinn is just so good that the refs are afraid hes gonna injure every QB we play against so they just let them hold him so we will still have some starting QBs playing in this league.

Robert Quinn isn't a hard hitter. He's just so athletically fast he gets to the QB on a consistent basis. DeMarcus Ware hits way harder than him and I don't recall the refs holding (see what I did there)him back.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Umm... what? I must be living under a rock.

One of the ways one can buy games from Valve's Steam service is to purchase a serial code elsewhere then enter it into Steam.

The (alleged) joke was that your abbreviation there resembled a serial code.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Fisher is aware and even commented on it in the Jeff Fisher show this week. Give it a listen if you get about 45 mins to spare. I play it in the car on the way home from work.
Yep! He said the zebras weren't watching what is going on! Too busy watching the qb/interior linemen! Still is bs for Quinn!

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Well, if the refs aren't watching he should head slap the shit out of the LT as he transitions to an inside move. Or dick punch them every time they choke him.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I think Quinn has to be a bit cuter with this
If the tackle is constantly holding him, he has to make the most of it. Throw your damn hands in the air as if he's dragging you to hell. Constantly talking to the ref to let him know what's happening.
Fall over once or twice if you have to so the ref has no choice but to flag it.

Maybe a flop or 2 in the first series that the D is on the field. My only concern is that if he flops and a fat ass OL falls on him he could get hurt.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
"As long as Quinn isn't dead at the end of the play don't throw a flag"- NFL refs probably.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know Quinn gets held a lot, but sometimes he spends too much time (for lack of a better word) 'flopping' to prove he's being held. I think the refs are immune to that action now and decide it's not worth calling if they think the player is over-exaggerating the hold. Am I the only one who sees Quinn raise his hands over his head and bend backwards to draw a flag?