Case Keenum reveals which Rams player will try to get in his head Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_10371965.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 3 hours ago

At this exact point last season, the Los Angeles Rams were 4-5 and coming off of an ugly 9-6 win over the Dolphins. Case Keenum was the starting quarterback, but he was benched in favor of No. 1 pick Jared Goff for Week 11 and beyond.

Now, they’re set to square off against each other on a big stage in Minnesota on Sunday. Both teams are 7-2, both quarterbacks are playing relatively well, and both are realizing how much easier the quarterback position is without Jeff Fisher at the helm.

Film room: Breaking down Robert Woods’ historic 171-yard day vs. Houston

Some will call this the “Case Keenum revenge game,” but the former Ram doesn’t view it that way. He spent two seasons with the Rams, going 7-7 in 14 starts before joining the Vikings this offseason.

“I’m definitely excited about playing these guys. I’ve had this one circled, just to see everybody. I know everybody, from the training room to the equipment room to some of the coaches and players, so I’m excited to see those guys,” Keenum said on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday. “I’ve been competing against those guys on defense in practice for the last three years.”

There has been a significant amount of turnover on the Rams’ roster this year, but Keenum knows there are still a few guys who will try to talk to him and get in his head.

“You know, I can already hear Michael Brockers’ voice right now: ‘Hey Case,’” Keenum said, laughing. “There’s a bunch of those guys. Aaron Donald’s probably the guy that will try to crush me and not say a word. … He’s won a lot of awards and I still think he’s underrated. He’s a heck of a player, I got a lot of respect for him.”

The Rams’ front is playing as well as any in the NFL right now, ranking fifth in the league with 28 sacks. Donald and Brockers are responsible for eight of those, proving to be one of the best duos in football.

Keenum has his work cut out for him on Sunday.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...s-rams-minnesota-vikings-case-keenum-week-11/

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
usatsi_10371965.jpg

At this exact point last season, the Los Angeles Rams were 4-5 and coming off of an ugly 9-6 win over the Dolphins. Case Keenum was the starting quarterback, but he was benched in favor of No. 1 pick Jared Goff for Week 11 and beyond.

Now, they’re set to square off against each other on a big stage in Minnesota on Sunday. Both teams are 7-2, both quarterbacks are playing relatively well, and both are realizing how much easier the quarterback position is without Jeff Fisher at the helm.

Some will call this the “Case Keenum revenge game,” but the former Ram doesn’t view it that way. He spent two seasons with the Rams, going 7-7 in 14 starts before joining the Vikings this offseason.

“I’m definitely excited about playing these guys. I’ve had this one circled, just to see everybody. I know everybody, from the training room to the equipment room to some of the coaches and players, so I’m excited to see those guys,” Keenum said on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday. “I’ve been competing against those guys on defense in practice for the last three years.”

There has been a significant amount of turnover on the Rams’ roster this year, but Keenum knows there are still a few guys who will try to talk to him and get in his head.

“You know, I can already hear Michael Brockers’ voice right now: ‘Hey Case,’” Keenum said, laughing. “There’s a bunch of those guys. Aaron Donald’s probably the guy that will try to crush me and not say a word. … He’s won a lot of awards and I still think he’s underrated. He’s a heck of a player, I got a lot of respect for him.”

The Rams’ front is playing as well as any in the NFL right now, ranking fifth in the league with 28 sacks. Donald and Brockers are responsible for eight of those, proving to be one of the best duos in football.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...s-rams-minnesota-vikings-case-keenum-week-11/
Always liked Case and thought he was a very good backup and has shown he can be called on for much more than one game ans succeed well. Happy hes having some good success. Hope he sucks this week but does great against everyone else lol.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Hard not to like Case as a person. He is a very classy dude and a very underrated QB. Time for the new-look Rams to show him how little he really knows about this team! These are not the same guys he is remembering. They are more prepared and confident than ever.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
7-7 as a starter is the best record of any QB under Fisher and you have to go back to Bulger in 2006 (that's a DECADE ouch) to find a QB that can equal Case's .500 W-L percentage.

This tell us a few things. The Rams roster was a big problem for a long time until Snead came around, the coaching was a big problem until McVay came around, and this Sunday Keenum could be a big problem. He is playing well, he isn't turning the ball over and he is completing passes.

To win this the Rams need a big edge on ST play and they need to get Keenum running for his life.

I like the guy a lot and I wish they could have kept him because he is the best backup in the league and is better than a handful of starters.

EDIT I meant any Rams starters. Obviously McNair and Fisher had some great years.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Case is such a likeable guy haha.

I predict it's not gonna go well for him though, we have a bunch of playmakers looking to take advantage of those occasional ducks he throws up.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Yeah we lost against the Dolphins. I remember that depressing cloudy rainy day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having his wife quiz him on plays endeared him to me (Hard Knocks). He was always a gamer and gave his all. How can you not love that? Still, I want to see him go beg Teddy Bridgewater to finish the game in the 2nd quarter....lol

Ellard80

Legend
He has been playing pretty well... need to force him into some early mistakes to get him off his game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case knows the guy who will try to get in his head (Brockers) and the guy who will be sitting on his head (Donald). :LOL:

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Classy guy no doubt............... BUT...........

We're gonna see a few picks for sure

His throws have more hang time than a Hecker punt.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
usatsi_10371965.jpg

If Keenum is right, Then I hope they "Mic-Up" Brockers for the Game!! It would be Fun to hear, after the Game!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wouldn't say he doesn't turn it over.... had two picks in Sunday and could have had a few more. DBs have to catch them when he throws it to them this week.