Case Keenum is starter; Jared Goff appears to be third option

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Or at the very minimum the first offensive series.;)
Funny guy you are. No. Really. :D

Four games!
tmhnks.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny guy you are. No. Really. :D

Four games!
tmhnks.gif

When it's all said and done, you know where I'll be. Screaming my head off at the Rams from my living room like only a real (delusional) fan could do. But I am really unhappy with how this was handled. Hopefully, Fisher gets Goff out there sooner than later or Keenum surprises and tears it up.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I get the optimism for everyone claiming Goff will be fine riding the bench the rest of the season and "learning" on the sideline. But honestly, when have Fisher and his coaches ever been able to make anything out of the quarterback position? Please, answer that question.

You honestly think that Fisher is doing Goff a service by sitting him on the bench? Goff is not learning behind Brett Favre and being coached up by an offensive mind like McCarthy. He's learning from Case Keenum and Sean Mannion, two guys that have proven nothing in the NFL. Keenum looks like a decent game managing backup, not even near the caliber of guys like Eli, Stafford or even Ryan. But Mannion rode the bench and looks good right? Yeah, against 3rd string scrubs that probably won't be on an NFL roster in the next 24 hours. And Goff being coached up by Jeff Fisher and Rob Boras...? Certainly no McCarthy.

I think us Goff supporters understand that he isn't ready RIGHT NOW, but when will he be ready when we don't have anyone worthwhile coaching and teaching him. Weinke and Groh are supposed to be QB whisperers but can't get a word in with Fisher at the helm. I feel sorry for the kid and I feel his talent is going to be wasted on this team with Fisher coaching it. It's a pathetic situation really.
OK so what QBs did Fisher and his coaches have that they failed at turning into a NFL starting QB? Hill? Davis? Lol not even a miracle can change those guy's into winners. Look Bradford was lost with that 2nd ACL tear and it was downhill from there. The part about not listening to his coaches that HE hired makes absolutely no sense. I can understand your disappointed about Goff not starting but you have to accept he's not ready.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
If Goff doesn't succeed, I don't think it's cause Fisher made mistakes. It's cause Goff isn't that good.

That being said, if Goff isn't that good... he was Fisher's pick. And Fisher's gotta go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anyone with eyes can see Goff is a bit intimidated by his new surroundings.
CLEARLY not ready yet.

That could change as the season wears on, but it's the right call right now. And I support it.

fancents86

Starter
No way Goff is third string, at least he better not be treated like third string. They barely get any practice time during the season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No way Goff is third string, at least he better not be treated like third string. They barely get any practice time during the season.
Pretty sure that's not an official depth chart announcement.
It's more a comment on the 'readiness' of all QBs at this point.
And that makes sense. Both Keenum and Mannion are more comfortable with the system right now - and it shows.

fancents86

Starter
Pretty sure that's not an official depth chart announcement.
It's more a comment on the 'readiness' of all QBs at this point.
And that makes sense. Both Keenum and Mannion are more comfortable with the system right now - and it shows.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone with eyes can see Goff is a bit intimidated by his new surroundings.
CLEARLY not ready yet.

That could change as the season wears on, but it's the right call right now. And I support it.

I have two eyes. I'm still of the opinion that he's ready enough to play.

Early on, you ride Gurley and the defense. Not much difference than the game-plan if Keenum was the starter.(but with Goff's arm, you can take more vertical shots) As he gains more experience and comfort, you allow him to throw more.

Falcons did it with Matt Ryan and Michael Turner. Ravens did it with Flacco and a HB committee (McClain, McGahee, and Rice). Rams could do it with Goff and Todd Gurley.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I understand this may be hard for the people who are pro Goff on this board to fathom, but its the undeniable truth. He isnt ready, yet... Plain and simple no ifs ands or buts about it.
Ease up on the pigeon holing. I am a Goff fan because we drafted him #1 overall. Most on this board are simply Rams fans and hope he does well because he now wears the horns. Just because they are not giving up on the idea that he could start, doesn't mean they are putting his starting above the well being of the team.

Ramatik

Starter
I am Pro Goff. And I think it would be unforgivably stupid to start Goff right now.

I'm happy that Fisher doesn't listen to the fans. (especially the not very bright ones.) ~ that was a general statement, not directed at anybody in particular.