Case Keenum back to the Texans.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's the Rams luck starting to get going. Of course he'll light it up.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So those of us who wanted him to start the last two games for the Rams are SOL, I guess.

Alan

Legend
Akrasian noting that it's business as usual:
So those of us who wanted him to start the last two games for the Rams are SOL, I guess.
EXACTLY!!!! When will the Rams get smart and start listening to us? :mad: ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
And if he does nothing of note, we'll probably just never hear his name again.

I'm guessing this gets Garrett Gilbert a job for the next couple of weeks, since he's familiar with the system if nothing else.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And if he does nothing of note, we'll probably just never hear his name again.

I'm guessing this gets Garrett Gilbert a job for the next couple of weeks, since he's familiar with the system if nothing else.
Yeah, we were never gonna see Keenum this year anyway. The objective is to go with experience and keep the QB safe the next couple of weeks. This is just one of those fantasy scenarios where the backup to the backup's backup is the savior. Kinda like Keith Null and Thad Lewis were. But Keenum does have a little bit of experience at the NFL level, and he did have a couple of really good games with the Texans last year. Woulda been nice to see what he had against the Giants at least, but again ... was never going to happen.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Yeah, we were never gonna see Keenum this year anyway. The objective is to go with experience and keep the QB safe the next couple of weeks. This is just one of those fantasy scenarios where the backup to the backup's backup is the savior. Kinda like Keith Null and Thad Lewis were. But Keenum does have a little bit of experience at the NFL level, and he did have a couple of really good games with the Texans last year. Woulda been nice to see what he had against the Giants at least, but again ... was never going to happen.
I suppose it's possible he might do okay (they do have Andre Johnson and Arian Foster after all, and may have a better OL too), but I have to think that if he had anything that would have been nice to see, we would have seen it on the field. The Rams saw it every week in practice.

It's just when the QB position is having trouble producing, fans pine for the guy on the bench because what if...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's really an issue of whether they want to bring Hill back next year as the backup. If they do, then it makes sense to play him. But if they are looking to upgrade the backup spot with one of the many former starters who will be floating around this offseason, then might as well see if Keenum has learned anything since last season. Practice - especially as the third QB - only shows so much, after all.

Water under the bridge now, of course.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
count me in, with this group!!
Count me out of this group. Do you really think he had something they put him back on bench for matt schaub drafted a qb traded for Fitzpatrick and let him go. Then only in true need of a qb with knowledge of the system do they take him back NO TY

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It's really an issue of whether they want to bring Hill back next year as the backup. If they do, then it makes sense to play him. But if they are looking to upgrade the backup spot with one of the many former starters who will be floating around this offseason, then might as well see if Keenum has learned anything since last season. Practice - especially as the third QB - only shows so much, after all.

Water under the bridge now, of course.
With davis the lean mean int machine as #2 you should be able to show enough as a #3 to be #2

Boffo97

Name
Dave
To add to what's been said, the Rams would have needed to cut someone from the main roster to do the Keenum experiment, and that is kind of a big deal.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keenum too short Rams could have kept him if they wanted to. Austin Davis is better IMO plus Lewis could start over Keenum. Anyway I would like the Rams to try to add Saints QB Ryan Griffin to the active roster again, he is currently on the Saints practice squad.

Add him to the active roster now and give him a chance next season you have two games left you can release somebody you know is not in the plans next year.

Alan

Legend
Rabid Ram trying to get in without knowing the secret handshake:
Count me out of this group.
Wrong group Rabid. The group he's talking about is the one that is so knowledgeable about all things football the Ram's brain trust just automatically does whatever we think is the right thing to do. To get into our group you have to be all knowing and omniscient. Are you? Are you really? Cause we have very high standards.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Count me out of this group. Do you really think he had something they put him back on bench for matt schaub drafted a qb traded for Fitzpatrick and let him go. Then only in true need of a qb with knowledge of the system do they take him back NO TY
What I'm saying is. When Keenum Played for the Texans, they were crap, and he looked pretty good when he came in for Schaub. I wanted to see what he had, playing with a better team!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
What I'm saying is. When Keenum Played for the Texans, they were crap, and he looked pretty good when he came in for Schaub. I wanted to see what he had, playing with a better team!
And davis looked good when he came in for hill. And couisins for rg3 name a few others foles and flynn.

You know what they all share in common? They come in to a simplified system and as wrinkles are added and teams get tape on em they all look bad and get dropped back to the beach

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I've been wanting Keenum to start the 4-5 games ago.
This is the issue.
Davis is not the answer.
Hill is a backup.
There are cocerns about Bradford's health. The Rams had a QB that played well while starting last year for a bad team. Why not start him a few games and see what ge can do? Especailly now.
If Keenum does well heads need to roll. In fact not starting him these last two games is not very smart either.