Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
His first pre season game numbers:
12/24
89 yards
1 int
41.8 rating

Is it time to panic if you're an Eagle fan?
Would you be unsafisfied if this was Goff's numbers?(duh?)

Discuss!

Psycho_X

Legend
1st preseason game. Means literally nothing. I don't care what Goff's stats are his first start as long as he continues to improve from his mistakes.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
1st pre season game??? Seriously?

Nowhere near time to panic. Stats mean absolutely nothing pre season. If they come out healthy, and having seen a bit of the speed of the game etc - it's been a good days work.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
i wasnt paying complete attention but from what I saw he played pretty good for the most part. I was honestly quite surprised when I saw his numbers pop up on the screen. I remember a few plays where the WRs just didnt hang on to the ball

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I watched it. Despite his INT he actually looked solid. 4-5 of his incompletions were drops, on high passes albeit, yet catchable. No time to panic at all he looked solid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like the look of the Eagles' defense, however they did a little more than they should have in preseason game number one I think.

Their offense should be solid at least I think. They have a real good offensive staff so if their defense shows well they're in for a good season.

I'm sure they have a ton of ready-to-be-negative fans who are freaking out over Wentz not playing like Joe Montana in game one. But hey we all have those types right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what Goff's numbers are. I just want to see flashes of greatness. Don't even need to see consistent flashes of greatness. I just want a small peak into the future.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the look of the Eagles' defense, however they did a little more than they should have in preseason game number one I think.

Their offense should be solid at least I think. They have a real good offensive staff so if their defense shows well they're in for a good season.

I'm sure they have a ton of ready-to-be-negative fans who are freaking out over Wentz not playing like Joe Montana in game one. But hey we all have those types right?

We have types who are freaking out because Goff didn't play like Joe Montana on Hard Knocks. People are crazy.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Neither the Rams or Eagles should panic if their rookie QB struggles a bit in preseason, we both have a competent veteran starter that can win games until the rookie is ready.

KDS73

Rookie
I watched it. Despite his INT he actually looked solid. 4-5 of his incompletions were drops, on high passes albeit, yet catchable. No time to panic at all he looked solid.

Same here. He actually looked pretty good. A lot better than the numbers suggest.

Ram65

Legend
I watched. Mike Mayock has a man crush!

Missed catches but they were rockets and a little high. Some other high throws that were uncatchable. Great instincts with pass rush in his face. Nice slid to avoid contact on a scramble but 1/2 yd too soon. Made nice throw running right to avoid rush and just missed a first down. He has something. Got the crowd and team going even with 3rd string UDFA center.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
1st preseason game , playing with third stringers and guys who won't even make the team

so

no

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No reason to panic and good luck to the man. He took a couple of hits but didnt seem disastrous under pressure.

A55VA6

Legend
Wentz looked okay. Made a few decent throws, made a few bad throws. You can't expect a rookie to come out and light it up right away. I'm sure he'll learn alot from this game and try to improve next week.

When it comes to Goff, I know he'll make mistakes and learn from them.. but I just want to see a few throws that make you say "Wow, what a great throw.. this guy is going to be really good"

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Wentz played decently. He came in and looked stellar actually, for his earlier snaps. Eventually, his decision-making seemed to decay, probably as the rush started getting to him more.

Overall a lot of positive signs. No "wow" throws but the plus athleticism/size was definitely on display. Like others are saying, he erred high, and was let down by some receivers, albeit while throwing them some tough balls.