Carson Wentz or Russell Wilson ................?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Most running (mobile) QB's get injured now and then. Sometimes it's even a season ending knee or ankle.

It's about 3 years PAST the time that R.W. should have sustained a notable injury.
Me personally, I'd MUCH rather see Wussel Rilson with an ACL injury then see Carson Wentz have one. But look what happens. That lucky sliding midget has still NEVER missed a game his entire career.

If you had to choose between the two, wouldn't you rather it happen to Wilson?

Fact: Carson Wentz runs the ball like a man. Head first if needed for the first down.
Fact: Wussel Rilson slides like a wee fairy or even worse, starts to head out of bounds like a wee fairy, then at the last moment stretches the ball for 2 more extra free yards (refs always generous with ball spots for him.)

But there's even worse to have to watch!

Have you seen how many times when Wussel runs the ball and he angles out of bounds so he'll get no contact (because he's a wee fairy) but at the last second gives the defender (who has let up on him out of class) ... gives the defender a viscous cowardly stiff arm to the face mask, as if he's actually running like a man? Seriously. I've seen this no less than 5 times this season alone. Have you?

I HATE the Seafuks! They are gonna be a big problem on Sunday. I hate them.

Dude, I clicked on this thread thinking it would be a debate about which QB is better, and instead you are asking this sophomoric question about who people would “rather” see suffer an ACL injury? And that Wilson is “three years past due” to have a devastating injury and you criticize him for running out of bounds like a “wee fairy”?

Then when everyone gives the right answer— Neither one— you give this dumb response that “ha ha ha, you can’t say ‘neither.’ if you say ‘neither’ then they BOTH get ACL injuries!”

An ACL injury is not only season ending, it’s potentially career ending. So while everyone is correctly calling out the poster who called a Wilson a “phag,” IMO perpetuating the topic about “ha ha ha whose career do you want destroyed by injury” is pretty offensive and dumb as well. Grow up.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was patted on the head in 2012 at RamStalk (PD) when I asked the question "Why not Russell Wilson from Wisconsin?"
I was told:

*Too old for a rookie.
*Too short to be an NFL QB
*His style of QBing won't translate.

Hawks took him in the 3rd round, while we took Isaiah Pead and TruJo immediately before him....Don't look at that draft closely for missed players, unless you want to make yourself sick.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can anybody name a running QB who has won a Super Bowl other than Russell Wilson?
Just curious.I can't recall anyone doing it.

Well, I dunno that I'd call Wilson a running QB.

Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham were running QBs.

I'd say he is more of a "scrambling" QB. He looks to throw first, second and third. He only runs when the pass isn't there. Running QBs rarely get to their third option as they are off to the races, sometimes just because they see the run is there for a big gain regardless of how open the WRs are.

Steve Young was another scrambling QB who won a SB.

Fran Tarkenton got close.

John Elway was definitely a scrambling QB when he was young. He was much, much more of a pocket passer when he finally got his rings, tho. That said, he definitely got to multiple SBs as a scrambling QB.

I think that's the difference. Running QBs have a short shelf life and don't really get you beyond getting into the playoffs, if that.

Scrambling QBs, if they have arm talent can take you all the way.

Thing is that not many with the athleticism also have the arm talent.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I was patted on the head in 2012 at RamStalk (PD) when I asked the question "Why not Russell Wilson from Wisconsin?"
I was told:

*Too old for a rookie.
*Too short to be an NFL QB
*His style of QBing won't translate.

Hawks took him in the 3rd round, while we took Isaiah Pead and TruJo immediately before him....Don't look at that draft closely for missed players, unless you want to make yourself sick.

But that would mean we'd still have Fisher as a HC....which, I'm sorry.

I just couldn't stomach that another season. So, if it means passing up on a boatload of future HoFers...so be it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But that would mean we'd still have Fisher as a HC....which, I'm sorry.

I just couldn't stomach that another season. So, if it means passing up on a boatload of future HoFers...so be it.
I was thinking about this last night...IF Fisher/Snead had picked RW in that Draft, he would have been the scrambling, big play QB that would have fit in with what he did with McNair in Tennessee. With Gurley, we might be thinking of Fisher with reverence for having taken us far into the playoffs. With Greg Williams defense, RW, and Gurley...man,we could have made it to a Super Bowl.....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking about this last night...IF Fisher/Snead had picked RW in that Draft, he would have been the scrambling, big play QB that would have fit in with what he did with McNair in Tennessee. With Gurley, we might be thinking of Fisher with reverence for having taken us far into the playoffs. With Greg Williams defense, RW, and Gurley...man,we could have made it to a Super Bowl.....

Times changed... Fisher didn't.

What worked for him in in the early 2000's wouldn't work today.

Nothing would have worked with OCs like Cignetti and Boras.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

RW is the Wild Card, because he makes something out of nothing when he scrambles, which he would have done for us too. A guy like that can make an OC like Boras look brilliant.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Yeah, that was me beating that dead horse all off-season prior to the start of the 2016 season.

Took me all this past off-season to get the stink of the 2016 season off.

Been a fan since 1975 and Fisher nearly killed my fandom. Now...if Rich Brooks, Spags nor Linehan could do it... that says something.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RW is the Wild Card, because he makes something out of nothing when he scrambles, which he would have done for us too. A guy like that can make an OC like Boras look brilliant.
Well, we'll never know... but I don't think anything would make Cignetti or Boras look good.

Cignetti is QB coach for the NYG (with a guy like Manning, a somewhat trained monkey could be that coach).

Boras is TE coach in BUF...

I'd predict neither will ever elevate to anything other than position coaches. They NEVER should have been elevated to OC for the Rams.

Fisher... SMH.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that was me beating that dead horse all off-season prior to the start of the 2016 season.

Took me all this past off-season to get the stink of the 2016 season off.

Been a fan since 1975 and Fisher nearly killed my fandom. Now...if Rich Brooks, Spags nor Linehan could do it... that says something.
Let me beat the dead horse a little more...lol. Fisher never had the dynamic QB who could run an offense and make big plays like McNair did. We had the talented, statuesque, injury-prone Sam Bradford with a sucky Oline. Then Clemmens, Shawn Hill, Case Keenum, etc....a few of which could scramble but then made the killer bad decisions that killed us. RW is the pass first,scramble second guy that makes things happen. Fisher system never had a McNair with the Rams, which RW would have been...He would have passed with RW and been one helluva lot more successful than any guys we had, imo....If so, are they stacking the box for Gurley? Hell no.

nighttrain

Legend
what Fisher did have though, was Receivers that couldn't catch, Quick and Britt, not when it counted, and a TE with little or no heart
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what Fisher did have though, was Receivers that couldn't catch, Quick and Britt, not when it counted, and a TE with little or no heart
train
It takes two to tango...A good/bad receiver has to be in a position to catch the ball, true. BUT, you also have to have a QB that can put the ball there consistently, on time......Quick was taken in the 2nd round in the same Draft as RW and Isaiah Pead...RW is a winner who would get much more out of everyone in the offense..What he's doing with an injured, suckass Hawks team is MVP of the NFL worthy, imo.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude, I clicked on this thread thinking it would be a debate about which QB is better, and instead you are asking this sophomoric question about who people would “rather” see suffer an ACL injury?

That is correct. That is exactly what I asked.
You misunderstand WHY I asked this. It's because I feel bad for Wentz. I feel like RW should have it happen IF SOMEONE has to be injured. He's overdue. He's had a million "glorious" 4th quarter comebacks and a superbowl win.

Why the hell does he never have the bad stuff too ... like a big time injury?

That's all I'm contemplating. You would have people believe I want you to cast a spell so that players get injured.
I don't WANT players injured. I just rather it would have been RW instead of Wentz.

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I feel like RW should have it happen IF SOMEONE has to be injured. He's overdue. He's had a million "glorious" 4th quarter comebacks and a superbowl win.

Why the hell does he never have the bad stuff too ... like a big time injury?

I would just rather it had been RW than Wentz.

I get it, you think Wentz is a manly man and didn’t deserve to get his ACL torn, but you hate “Wussel” because he’s a “wee fairy” who’s “overdue for a big time injury.”

I understand you were trying to post a “hypothetical.” But your words strongly imply that if Wilson tore his ACL, you sure wouldn’t be too upset about it, given your resentment and that he’s “overdue.”

Again, I get it, you were just messing around, you hate Wilson, and you are aggravated by his style of play, and you were just being “hypothetical.”

But when people rightly say they’d rather that nobody have a devastating injury, and you still can’t let it go... bottom line, just leave alone the “hey, who should get the next ACL injury” hypotheticals, it’s in poor taste.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Part of what helps is that the OC for Seattle calls plays that have recievers all over so Wilson has options when he scrambles. The Jeff Fisher offense wouldn't know to do that, so a lot of his scrambling wouldn't pay off in the same way.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get it, you think Wentz is a manly man and didn’t deserve to get his ACL torn, but you hate “Wussel” because he’s a “wee fairy” who’s “overdue for a big time injury.”
YES. That is correct.

I understand you were trying to post a “hypothetical.” But your words strongly imply that if Wilson tore his ACL, you sure wouldn’t be too upset about it, given your resentment and that he’s “overdue.”
YES. That is correct.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
YES. That is correct.
YES. That is correct.

Sports History: Eagle Fans Cheer Irvin's Career-Ending Injury

“When citing examples of Philly sports fans being assholes, only Santa Claus getting booed back in 1968 is cited more frequently than the way Birds fans reacted to the Eagles' game against the Cowboys back at the Vet in 1999... As [Michael Irvin] was wheeled off on a stretcher, thousands of Green-Bleeders cheered at the misfortune that had befallen the Hall-of-Fame receiver that had burned them for over a decade....
Needless to say, the Vet faithful caught some heat for their rejoicing in their rival's ruin... Even the Birds themselves came down hard. "I know our fans pride themselves on being tough, but that wasn't tough," said receiver Charles Johnson. "That was just plain ignorant."

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Not even a Nobel Prize in Physics could make Boras look Brilliant.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree....LOL.

Most running (mobile) QB's get injured now and then. Sometimes it's even a season ending knee or ankle.

It's about 3 years PAST the time that R.W. should have sustained a notable injury.
Me personally, I'd MUCH rather see Wussel Rilson with an ACL injury then see Carson Wentz have one. But look what happens. That lucky sliding midget has still NEVER missed a game his entire career.

If you had to choose between the two, wouldn't you rather it happen to Wilson?

Fact: Carson Wentz runs the ball like a man. Head first if needed for the first down.
Fact: Wussel Rilson slides like a wee fairy or even worse, starts to head out of bounds like a wee fairy, then at the last moment stretches the ball for 2 more extra free yards (refs always generous with ball spots for him.)

But there's even worse to have to watch!

Have you seen how many times when Wussel runs the ball and he angles out of bounds so he'll get no contact (because he's a wee fairy) but at the last second gives the defender (who has let up on him out of class) ... gives the defender a viscous cowardly stiff arm to the face mask, as if he's actually running like a man? Seriously. I've seen this no less than 5 times this season alone. Have you?

I HATE the Seafuks! They are gonna be a big problem on Sunday. I hate them.

I don't give an F about what's manlier way of playing. This is a brutal sport, I bet you would be screaming like a wee fairy if you were in there and a huge monster of a guy comes full blast towards you as I would be.

You can't knock a man to avoid injury, that's just a smarter way to play. Those are skills that can keep you playing a gladiator of a sport and make more bang for your buck in the long run. Russell Wilson is a beast and a smart guy.

The guy plays smarter and he's knocked for that. Man there's always people finding way to hate.

ridiculousness