Carson Palmer traded to the Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
@JayGlazer - The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012 and a conditional pick in future

The conditional pick is a 2013 2nd rounder that could turn into a 1st based on incentives, performance etc. All I can say is WOW. I really didnt think Mike Brown would budge on this. I honestly think Palmer will be just fine in Oakland, but it still feels like they gave up too much. Mike Brown looks like a genius right now, and the Raiders must really not like the 2012 draft, no picks in the rounds 1-4.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
@JayGlazer - The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012 and a conditional pick in future

The conditional pick is a 2013 2nd rounder that could turn into a 1st based on incentives, performance etc. All I can say is WOW. I really didnt think Mike Brown would budge on this. I honestly think Palmer will be just fine in Oakland, but it still feels like they gave up too much. Mike Brown looks like a genius right now, and the Raiders must really not like the 2012 draft, no picks in the rounds 1-4.
Yeah their draft is looking like Ditka's infamous 1999 Draft year. Ridiculous. Unless they start unloading players for draft picks, they're in a bad spot right now.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
JdashSTL said:

Yeah their draft is looking like Ditka's infamous 1999 Draft year. Ridiculous. Unless they start unloading players for draft picks, they're in a bad spot right now.

Well I did also read on twitter that they are supposed to receiver compensatory picks for Asomugha and Gallery, so I guess that helps a bit. The Raiders also really dont like having 1st round picks, and of course they start trading future 1st rounders after rookies start getting payed less lol.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I think Palmer will be just fine in Oakland. He knows Hue Jackson well, young speedy WRs, a stud RB. I think if the Raiders somehow beat out the Chargers to get to the playoffs this should be looked at as a win for them. Its like they are going all-in this year, and they are doing this after losing some of their best players in FA, and with a lot of youth.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Palmer wants this trade and plays like he has in the past it's a great deal for the Raiders. He comes back strong the Raiders are now one of the top teams in the AFC.

Good move for the Bengals too, but lets see if they can not bust on the picks.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Yamahopper said:
If Palmer wants this trade and plays like he has in the past it's a great deal for the Raiders. He comes back strong the Raiders are now one of the top teams in the AFC.

Agreed. Yeah the price was pretty steep but Palmer is 31, and he no longer has to deal with Ravens and Steelers D twice a year! People crushed the Raiders for the Seymour trade, but thats worked out fine. Bengals are a young team that get 2 extra picks, Raiders see this as a window of opportunity for playoffs in near future in a winnable AFC West.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yamahopper said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/18/bengals-have-pieces-in-place-for-renaissance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... naissance/</a>

They've made some good picks actually, the worst being Andre Smith.

I hope the Steelers can upgrade their 2ndary quickly, b/c it's gonna be a hard division now.