Carson Palmer to Colts?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I have no idea if this option has been discussed anywhere in the media, but I am just wondering about this possibility given his skills, Indy's urgent need, and today's article on NFLN saying "Mike Brown declined comment Tuesday about if the team planned to trade quarterback Carson Palmer before next week's NFL deadline."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-not-to-trade-palmer-bengals-owner-doesnt-say

I find Brown to be such an incompetent a-hole, so who know if he'll do anything. But you think it could end-up being a good deal for both sides, and it seem that the Bengals are now totally committed to Andy Dalton, who is performing decently.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I doubt he gets traded, personally. I have no horse in this race, but I still think that a contract is a contract. If you're unhappy with your 8-figure contract, well, tough shit. You signed it, so I presume you read it. Basically, he quit on his teammates. He's no better than Mike Brown in that regard. Whether or not it helps Indy is another matter entirely. Maybe it could. Palmer is a smart veteran QB, and Indy's offense isn't all that complex.

I wish it wasn't such a sad ending for Palmer's career. He's a good guy and he played for a really bad team for a long time.

PhxRam

X said:
I doubt he gets traded, personally. I have no horse in this race, but I still think that a contract is a contract. If you're unhappy with your 8-figure contract, well, tough shit. You signed it, so I presume you read it. Basically, he quit on his teammates. He's no better than Mike Brown in that regard. Whether or not it helps Indy is another matter entirely. Maybe it could. Palmer is a smart veteran QB, and Indy's offense isn't all that complex.

I wish it wasn't such a sad ending for Palmer's career. He's a good guy and he played for a really bad team for a long time.

If I recall correctly the issue he had was with Cincy the organization, not regarding his contract.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:

If I recall correctly the issue he had was with Cincy the organization, not regarding his contract.
Probably, but it's not a perfect world. If you have a contract to make 8 figures, and that contract dictates that you do your job (play football), and your teammates are depending on you to do the same thing, then.....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
I doubt he gets traded, personally. I have no horse in this race, but I still think that a contract is a contract. If you're unhappy with your 8-figure contract, well, tough shyte. You signed it, so I presume you read it. Basically, he quit on his teammates. He's no better than Mike Brown in that regard. Whether or not it helps Indy is another matter entirely. Maybe it could. Palmer is a smart veteran QB, and Indy's offense isn't all that complex.

Probably, but it's not a perfect world. If you have a contract to make 8 figures, and that contract dictates that you do your job (play football), and your teammates are depending on you to do the same thing, then.....
What we don't know is if there were an expectation that the organization would be run in "certain manner", and with an expected quality of management and player personnel. There are two sides to the agreement, and my guess is that while Mike Brown didn't commit a material breach to the contract, he probably didn't live up to the spirit of the deal as was discussed at the time of signing. So, Carson probably doesn't have cause for a law suit, but my guess is that he does have reasonable cause for walking away. Brown seems to have run this organization into the ground, and I doubt this was the expectation that was set with Carson when he signed.... I bet Brown made all sorts of promises that he didn't keep. Unfortunately, we don't really know all the details.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, got the player and trade right, just picked the wrong destination. Always thought Mike Brown would flinch.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Re:

interference said:
Well, got the player and trade right, just picked the wrong destination. Always thought Mike Brown would flinch.

1st round pick would make any team flinch lol.