Carson Palmer decapitated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fox mentioned he may have a missing or chipped tooth. Coach said Palmer wasn't a happy camper.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The defender went right for the helmet to helmet hit, that wasn't a block it was a cheap shot.

I hate the Cardinals, and pumpkinhead, but that was dirty play and I can't respect it.

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The defender went right for the helmet to helmet hit, that wasn't a block it was a cheap shot.

I have the Cardinals, and pumpkinhead, but that was dirty play and I can't respect it.

Aw c'mon Les, you said the same about that Brady gif a few months back but nary a peep over that cheap shot Goff absorbed last nite, which thru my eyes was much more violent than what poor Carson took

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Aw c'mon Les, you said the same about that Brady gif a few months back but nary a peep over that cheap shot Goff absorbed last nite, which thru my eyes was much more violent than what poor Carson took

I didn't see the game. I ust detest shit sportsmanship and the attempt to use a helmet to hurt someone is way out of line. It's as bad as knee diving.

Psycho_X

Legend
If I was an 80 year old QB the last thing I'd do is even bother trying to make a tackle in a preseason game. But was a pretty cheap shot. Oh well, might make him think twice when the Rams intercept him.

Ram65

Legend
Big hits on a QB after a turnover in preseason is stupid. Going at the head is crazy stupid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If that was the Rams they'd be screaming we were dirty and Williams did it on purpose and other garbage like that. Side note Palmer looked to be in playoff form :D

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If that was the Rams they'd be screaming we were dirty and Williams did it on purpose and other garbage like that. Side note Palmer looked to be in playoff form :D
Good post. Even better avi. (y)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The chop block on Brockers, the spearing to Goff, and now this. These players that pull these cheap shorts need to be thrown out of the league. All they care about is injuring another player.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not sure the defender was trying to spear him in the head. Looks like that's just the position both of their bodies ended up. Very unfortunate for Palmer of course.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-fine-for-knocking-off-carson-palmers-helmet/

Devon Still facing likely fine for knocking off Carson Palmer’s helmet
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2016

In Sunday’s Cardinals-Texans game, Houston linebacker John Simon made an athletic play on a screen pass, tipping the ball, catching it, and exploding for a long return to the end zone for a score. The more significant moment from a play in an otherwise insignificant preseason game came immediately after the interception.

Texans defensive lineman Devon Still, drafted by the Bengals months after Palmer decided he no longer was playing for the team, applied a helmet-to-helmet hit on Palmer as he lunged to make the tackle of Simon. The hit sent Palmer’s helmet flying.

(A current Bengal would say Palmer simply should have just run his ass back to the sideline.)

Even when a quarterback decides to try to make a tackle after a turnover, he can’t be hit in the head or neck area or with the helmet. The move, which didn’t draw a penalty flag on Still, will likely nevertheless result in a fine being imposed.

Palmer’s sideline demeanor suggested that he chipped a tooth on the play. Coupled with a pair of interceptions in limited work, Palmer’s 2016 isn’t starting much differently than his 2015 ended.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I hate the Cardinals, and pumpkinhead, but that was dirty play and I can't respect it.
I think Palmer tried to make the tackle and got slung into the defensive guy trying to make the block. I don't think there was intent to go head to head, he could not have known Palmer was going to get flung into that position. I thought the hit Keenum took on the side line from Talib was much more out of line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a cheap shot. Clear one. As bad as the cheap shot from Talib last night.