Carson Palmer, Cardinals seek bounce-back performance vs. Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Carson Palmer, Cardinals seek bounce-back performance vs. Rams
By Alden Gonzalez

[www.espn.com]

LOS ANGELES -- Perhaps you don't quite recognize this year's version of the Arizona Cardinals, a team widely expected to contend for an NFC Championship. They were just dismantled by a bad Buffalo Bills team on Sunday, their defense allowing 208 rushing yards and their quarterback throwing four fourth-quarter interceptions. The Cardinals have now lost four of their last six games dating back to 2015, three of them by 15-plus points.

The Los Angeles Rams hope they don't suddenly come to life this Sunday, in a Week 4 matchup from University of Phoenix Stadium that kicks off at 1:25 p.m. PT. The Rams are coming off a thrilling 37-32 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, moving to 2-1 -- good enough for first place in the NFC West -- for the first time in 10 years. Now they'll face a tough road test against a divisional opponent that has beaten them four out of the last five times.

Below are six opposing players to watch, courtesy of ESPN Cardinals reporter Josh Weinfuss.

Bruce Arians and Carson Palmer are searching for answers after a disappointing 1-2 start.
OFFENSE

WR Larry Fitzgerald: He’s off to a blazing start with 20 catches for 218 yards and three touchdowns, showing there’s still plenty of life left in his 33-year-old legs. He’s coming off a 60-yard outing against the Bills, but Fitzgerald has shown he’s still capable of exploding for a big game. He hasn’t eclipsed 100 yards receiving just yet, but it’s coming.

QB Carson Palmer: When Palmer can find a rhythm, he’s one of the toughest quarterbacks in the NFL to defend -- but he didn’t find one often on Sunday. He bounced early passes into the hands of John Brown and he threw four fourth-quarter interceptions as he tried to force the Cardinals back into the game. But in between, Palmer looked calm -- as he always does when Arizona is losing -- and was able to orchestrate a couple of long drives that resulted in points. But even at 36, Palmer still needs to figure out ways to eliminate bounce passes.

RB David Johnson: If somebody in the stands has paid to watch Johnson, they’ll be getting their money worth. He played 79 of 82 snaps against the Bills and has become a staple of the Cardinals offense through three games. Despite Arizona’s offensive line struggling to block the Bills’ front seven, Johnson still ran for 83 yards and two touchdowns, and caught another three passes for 28 yards, making Sunday the third straight week Johnson went over 100 all-purpose yards.

DEFENSE

OLB Chandler Jones: He’s on pace to have the best season of his career -- and no, it’s not too early to say that. Jones is tied with Markus Golden, his fellow outside linebacker, with a team-high three sacks. While he hasn’t been flashy early, he’s been consistent, and Jones causes headaches for offenses who have to game plan around one of the league’s top young pass rushers.

S Tony Jefferson: The undrafted veteran safety has emerged as the Cards’ top defender through the first three games with a team-high 30 tackles as he plays closer to the box, filling Tyrann Mathieu’s role as the Honey Badger continues to strengthen his right knee, which he injured late last season. Jefferson is one of four Cardinals with a sack and he had a forced fumble last week against Buffalo. Where Jefferson causes problems for offenses is his versatility. He can blitz, play nickel corner or retreat to deep safety and patrol the secondary.

OLB Markus Golden: The biggest beneficiary of Arizona trading for Jones may be Golden, who is tied for the team high in sacks with Jones with three. His pressure gives Arizona a bookend of talented young pass rushers. He’s quick and strong, despite being 6-foot-2, and his ability to get to the quarterback has been on display.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher already gave Carson a call about that.

482b58765b7d4df18bd106c9f6d65e4b.png

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Whinin' Puss is an arrogant idiot who looks down on other teams at ESPN. Really dislike him, can you tell?

It makes me happy that the Cardinals are in last place in the NFC West.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Everyone assumes the Cards are going to get it right vs the Rams. They're gonna get on a roll and live up to all those preseason predictions, it's a certainty.

But Fish and the Rams have other plans lol. Can't wait till Sunday man, what a great storyline this one has and imagine what will occur if the Rams go in there and play great defense and run all over Arizona's defense to win that game...

jap

Legend
Can Carson run away from Hayes, much less Aaron, much much less The Mighty One?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Everyone assumes the Cards are going to get it right vs the Rams. They're gonna get on a roll and live up to all those preseason predictions, it's a certainty.

But Fish and the Rams have other plans lol. Can't wait till Sunday man, what a great storyline this one has and imagine what will occur if the Rams go in there and play great defense and run all over Arizona's defense to win that game...
And I have a lot of photos ready to post on game day, just to Pump-things-Up-A- Little-more!!(y)(y):mrburnsevil:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Cardinals are definitely not happy at the moment. They will for sure throw everything they got at the Rams just to get back on track. Rams just got to be ready and play the game with just as much determination and conviction.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ooooh. Flashback time.
Nazareth was my favorite band when I was like 12-13 years old, and this was one of my favorite songs by them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DknIT4yYaw

Nice! Mine was Sabbath. Got sent home from school 3 days in a row due to my T-Shirt choices, which were all metal bands, due to satanic overtones according to the school leadership.

Pops put an end to that. But while you can take the metal shirts away from the kid, you can't take the kid away from the metal. Rock on!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice! Mine was Sabbath. Got sent home from school 3 days in a row due to my T-Shirt choices, which were all metal bands, due to satanic overtones according to the school leadership.

Pops put an end to that. But while you can take the metal shirts away from the kid, you can't take the kid away from the metal. Rock on!
Ha! Me too.
I had a T-shirt my brother gave me with that song's album cover on it and was forced to turn it inside out (in 8th grade).
Freaking PC police. Always trying to keep us down. :rockon:

R-2565842-1295540386.jpeg.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah those dudes had some great album covers. Love the Franzetta theme.

The worst album cover for Sabbath was Born Again, back in 83. Talk about a quick exit from school lol, weeeeeee.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah those dudes had some great album covers. Love the Franzetta theme.

The worst album cover for Sabbath was Born Again, back in 83. Talk about a quick exit from school lol, weeeeeee.
Well, yeah. Demon spawn babies usually raise a red flag or two. :ROFLMAO:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We'll see how this goes, I'm expecting a loss tbh but a win will make me happy for a day or two. The real test will be after the division. I also noticed that our remaining divisional games after the Cards will be on last 3 weeks.