Carroll Would Have Stayed To Fix USC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't hate any of them anymore ,to much constructive hate needed for the current crop of asshats.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am just the opposite.

I like Steve Young and hate montana and walsh and craig and norton jr and hanks and taylor and rice and clark and....

Rams beat Montana more than any other team in the NFL and Montana was humble plus I rooted for Notre Dame as a kid....Young always seemed to not only beat the Rams, but would be up 38-10 and will still be throwing...That Bastard!

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think Young is probably the best QB to ever play the game. If he was on the teams Montana was on they would have won one or two more SB's in my opinion.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rams beat Montana more than any other team in the NFL and Montana was humble plus I rooted for Notre Dame as a kid....Young always seemed to not only beat the Rams, but would be up 38-10 and will still be throwing...That Bastard!
I'd just bought my first house and was repainting the interior before we moved in and listened to Montana bring ND back against USC on the radio, last time I rooted for Montana,last time I painted my own house too

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
post-10339-Princess-Bride-Witch-saying-LI-p2dh.gif

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I am just the opposite.

I like Steve Young and hate montana and walsh and craig and norton jr and hanks and taylor and rice and clark and....

Joe Montana was the anti-Christ. I know this because I remember during a Monday night game in 1989, there was a segment on him at the beginning of the broadcast with a particular piece of music, an instrumental, playing in the background.

The title of said music? Lucifer (by the Alan Parsons Project).

Confirmed everything I thought.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Joe Montana was the anti-Christ. I know this because I remember during a Monday night game in 1989, there was a segment on him at the beginning of the broadcast with a particular piece of music, an instrumental, playing in the background.

The title of said music? Lucifer (by the Alan Parsons Project).

Confirmed everything I thought.

This is true
The SF on his helmet stands for Satan's Friend

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can you explain this more? I don't recall hearing about it or exactly what you mean.

Sparing you a disseration when Shaw interviewed Carroll, Shaw stated that Carroll asked for the word like he was a experienced Head Coach with a winning record asking for what turned out to be Vermeil type of money. Carroll stated that of course he asked for quite a bit because he had heard how shrewed Shaw was so he asked for the sky to start.

In the end Shaw was never going to hire Pete Carroll IMO and Carroll had his sights set on New England who had a far better roster in 1997. Funny Vermeil turned Shaw down twice and the Rams were going to offer the job to Kevin Gilbride with Tom Donohoe as the GM, but Gilbride chose the Chargers because of Bobby Betherard.

Shaw then was set to hire Jim Mora, however, asked Vermeil one more time and amazingly, Vermeil accepted and actually called Jim Mora, Sr to tell him. Some bad blood after that and Vermeil tried to smooth things over by hiring Mora's son Jim Mora, Jr as Secondary coach and Mora, Jr., accepted, but recanted as the 49ers swooped in to offer him the same position with them. Mora, Jr had not signed the contract with the Rams. Later Vermeil hired Peter Guinta as secondary coach because he knew Bud Carson's system.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sparing you a disseration when Shaw interviewed Carroll, Shaw stated that Carroll asked for the word like he was a experienced Head Coach with a winning record asking for what turned out to be Vermeil type of money. Carroll stated that of course he asked for quite a bit because he had heard how shrewed Shaw was so he asked for the sky to start.

In the end Shaw was never going to hire Pete Carroll IMO and Carroll had his sights set on New England who had a far better roster in 1997. Funny Vermeil turned Shaw down twice and the Rams were going to offer the job to Kevin Gilbride with Tom Donohoe as the GM, but Gilbride chose the Chargers because of Bobby Betherard.

Shaw then was set to hire Jim Mora, however, asked Vermeil one more time and amazingly, Vermeil accepted and actually called Jim Mora, Sr to tell him. Some bad blood after that and Vermeil tried to smooth things over by hiring Mora's son Jim Mora, Jr as Secondary coach and Mora, Jr., accepted, but recanted as the 49ers swooped in to offer him the same position with them. Mora, Jr had not signed the contract with the Rams. Later Vermeil hired Peter Guinta as secondary coach because he knew Bud Carson's system.

did not know any of this - good stuff Den

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This is true
The SF on his helmet stands for Satan's Friend

Absolutely correct, sir.

Also, the red in their uniforms symbolizes Satan, as everyone knows the devil is red.

The gold in their uniforms symbolizes money, which we all know is the root of all evil.

And the reason Joe Montana wore #16 is that NFL rules prohibited him from wearing #666.

Also, anyone else note that in January 1982 they won their first Super Bowl, and later that same year Iron Maiden released the album "Number of the Beast"?

Coincidence? I think not.

;)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Absolutely correct, sir.

Also, the red in their uniforms symbolizes Satan, as everyone knows the devil is red.

The gold in their uniforms symbolizes money, which we all know is the root of all evil.

And the reason Joe Montana wore #16 is that NFL rules prohibited him from wearing #666.

Also, anyone else note that in January 1982 they won their first Super Bowl, and later that same year Iron Maiden released the album "Number of the Beast"?

Coincidence? I think not.

;)

Did I take it too far today in the parking lot of Jack Allen's Kitchen where I had stopped off for a beer to beat the traffic?
I am unsure....

Only thing I was thinking about was the horror some transplant SF fan would have coming out of the restaurant into the parking lot and moving to their silver mini van only to be greeted by the TRUTH

RAMS RULE
SF SUCKS

photo-47.JPG

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Did I take it too far today in the parking lot of Jack Allen's Kitchen where I had stopped off for a beer to beat the traffic?
I am unsure....

Only thing I was thinking about was the horror some transplant SF fan would have coming out of the restaurant into the parking lot and moving to their silver mini van only to be greeted by the TRUTH

RAMS RULE
SF SUCKS

View attachment 2010
Nice!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I am unsure....

RAMS RULE
SF SUCKS

View attachment 2010

Not surprising that it was a silver minivan. :ROFLMAO:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I am unsure....

RAMS RULE
SF SUCKS

View attachment 2010

That is weapons-grade AWESOME!!!