Carolina game changed the course of the 2013 Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I just can not get over the Panther game...no way, no how. And I am not simply talking about the injury to Sam.

I have this game recorded as I do all (except those that got accidentally erased!!!) and I have watched it several times.

The Rams moved the ball at will vs Carolina, like no team has all year! I watch week after week as the Panthers D somehow stymies offense after offense both home and away...yet the Rams carved them up like they were garbage even with all the self inflicted wounds!

First series (1st PLAY of the game!) Sam has Quick open deep for what is either going to be 6 or a repeat of what happened in the 3rd Q (72 yard gain) unless Quick drops the ball, but Stacy does not step up on the blitzing (Mikell) safety and Sam's arm is hit causing a pick 6.

No matter, the Rams come right back and have a 3rd and 1, short pass to Quick...DOING! off his chest plate because he is not a hands catcher, and the ball falls incomplete as Rams go on to punt.

Next series Rams drive the ball 65 yards to the Panther one before failing on 4th and goal!

Then we get the safety to make the score 7-2.

Rams get the free kick and have a nice drive in to Panther territory when on 1st down Austin gains 7 but fumbles the ball away at the Carolina 35!

After a Panther FG makes it 10-2 the Rams start from their own 20 when after a first down Sam hits Austin with a beautiful 63 yard TD that...is nullified by a Jake Long tripping penalty! Rams continue this drive and end up with only a FG.

Carolina get a TD on their next drive to lead 17-5 at the half.

After a stupid long 8+ min drive by Carolina to open the second half, aided by the refs and the ejection of C Long, the Panthers get another FG to go up 20-5.

First play from Rams in 2nd half is mirror of first play of game but this time Stacy eats grass and picks up the blitzer and Sam hit Quick in stride for 73 yards! Followed shortly there after by a 4 yard TD pass, Sam to Zac to make the score 20-12.

In the 4th with a chance to cut the score to 30-20 Sam hits Quick with a perfect pass in the left corner of the EZ but Quick drops the ball and the Rams settle for 3 again and Sam is hurt on the next series.

Sam was 21/30, 255, int, TD (should have been 3 td's) and was throwing dimes all game. Stacy was held to just 53 yards on 17 carries and had still not scored a TD ON THE SEASON to this point (week 7). If not for the games first play, the called back td to Tavon and the droped td by Quick Sam has 400+ yards, 3 td's and the Rams are cruising to victory.

I leave out the FACT that this was the worst officiated game I had ever witnessed my Rams in as they were hosed from start to finish!

FYI...this game has elevated the Panthers to near 9er status as far as my hatred for them and I will let out a HUGE CHEER WHEN they are eliminated from the playoffs next month!!!
I agree totally with your assessment nd dislike for the panthers! Refs screwed us out of that game every chance they got! Yeah we dropped some balls but they overcame those! Couldn't overcome the refs!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
watching that video just pissed me off once again.... I'd love for Dahl to have ripped him a new one. I'd literally root for the hawks or niners to beat them in playoffs!

jap

Legend
watching that video just pissed me off once again.... I'd love for Dahl to have ripped him a new one. I'd literally root for the hawks or niners to beat them in playoffs!

That's reasonable if only because I would much, much prefer that we take care of the 'Hawks and '9ers our own damn selves!!! :bigup: :heh:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
That's reasonable if only because I would much, much prefer that we take care of the 'Hawks and '9ers our own damn selves!!! :bigup: :heh:
lmao! AMEN to that bro! But i guess we can only settle for so much at this point. I'd love to send the Hawks to the 5th seed! lol