Carolina game changed the course of the 2013 Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

I just can not get over the Panther game...no way, no how. And I am not simply talking about the injury to Sam.

I have this game recorded as I do all (except those that got accidentally erased!!!) and I have watched it several times.

The Rams moved the ball at will vs Carolina, like no team has all year! I watch week after week as the Panthers D somehow stymies offense after offense both home and away...yet the Rams carved them up like they were garbage even with all the self inflicted wounds!

First series (1st PLAY of the game!) Sam has Quick open deep for what is either going to be 6 or a repeat of what happened in the 3rd Q (72 yard gain) unless Quick drops the ball, but Stacy does not step up on the blitzing (Mikell) safety and Sam's arm is hit causing a pick 6.

No matter, the Rams come right back and have a 3rd and 1, short pass to Quick...DOING! off his chest plate because he is not a hands catcher, and the ball falls incomplete as Rams go on to punt.

Next series Rams drive the ball 65 yards to the Panther one before failing on 4th and goal!

Then we get the safety to make the score 7-2.

Rams get the free kick and have a nice drive in to Panther territory when on 1st down Austin gains 7 but fumbles the ball away at the Carolina 35!

After a Panther FG makes it 10-2 the Rams start from their own 20 when after a first down Sam hits Austin with a beautiful 63 yard TD that...is nullified by a Jake Long tripping penalty! Rams continue this drive and end up with only a FG.

Carolina get a TD on their next drive to lead 17-5 at the half.

After a stupid long 8+ min drive by Carolina to open the second half, aided by the refs and the ejection of C Long, the Panthers get another FG to go up 20-5.

First play from Rams in 2nd half is mirror of first play of game but this time Stacy eats grass and picks up the blitzer and Sam hit Quick in stride for 73 yards! Followed shortly there after by a 4 yard TD pass, Sam to Zac to make the score 20-12.

In the 4th with a chance to cut the score to 30-20 Sam hits Quick with a perfect pass in the left corner of the EZ but Quick drops the ball and the Rams settle for 3 again and Sam is hurt on the next series.

Sam was 21/30, 255, int, TD (should have been 3 td's) and was throwing dimes all game. Stacy was held to just 53 yards on 17 carries and had still not scored a TD ON THE SEASON to this point (week 7). If not for the games first play, the called back td to Tavon and the droped td by Quick Sam has 400+ yards, 3 td's and the Rams are cruising to victory.

I leave out the FACT that this was the worst officiated game I had ever witnessed my Rams in as they were hosed from start to finish!

FYI...this game has elevated the Panthers to near 9er status as far as my hatred for them and I will let out a HUGE CHEER WHEN they are eliminated from the playoffs next month!!!

PhxRam

I will have to go back and watch this one again when I am already in a piss poor mood.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My hate for those mother fuckers is beyond belief now too. I will celebrate every injury their players sustain as if I have just scored the winning TD in the Super Bowl from now until the end of time. I will lose all good judgement during these celebrations... I will be like a very young hyperactive child gone wild.

Celebrating their losses will be sweet for sure, but nothing like the celebrations for their injuries. Judge me however you like... I do not care. lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Directions:

1. Open wound
2. Pour salt

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. And to make things worse, my good friend and coworker is a kitten fan and still thanks us for beating NO. Scam might be the single most unlikable douche fucker on the planet. That game was a microcosm of the Rams misfortune over the last..... Forever. Fuck the panthers, fuck steve smith, fuck scam neuter... Whos next?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, these bastards are going down hard in the playoffs. Unfortunately, we are seeing a collection of teams we hate in the playoffs!

This game is a good example, however, of how close we are!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ugh. And to make things worse, my good friend and coworker is a kitten fan and still thanks us for beating NO. Scam might be the single most unlikable douche Focker on the planet. That game was a microcosm of the Rams misfortune over the last..... Forever. Freak the panthers, Freak steve smith, Freak scam neuter... Whos next?
Mike Mitchell

mitchell.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm over it...my hate was more toward the refs. In 5 years no one will remember it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mike Mitchell

mitchell.gif

I wish Dahl would have rag-dahled this guy to the ground. Showboating bastard did what exactly? Force a guy out of bounds?

Whoopie!

The next day during my weekly shop I purchased a well priced bottle of champagne, just a small one (I don't really like champagne), I'm opening it in the event of a career ending injury to Mike Mitchell.

PhxRam

I forgot about that Steve Smith nonsense..

This day is not starting off so well. :frown:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I don't recall another game I've sat through that made me angrier and angrier every minute that ticked by.

I know our guys get chirpy and chippy and have a reputation for it so I expect that others teams will respond in kind. My beef with Carolina was that they took it to another level and my beef with the ref's was that they did nothing to rein in their over-the-line behavior, choosing instead to flag the Rams for every transgression regardless of who was the instigator.

I was every bit as upset at the good guys for their knack of shooting themselves in the foot every time an opportunity presented itself.

I only wish we were in the same division so we had another shot at them after this cluster....I have absolutely no desire to watch this game again, 'fraid I might break something.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

steve smith's injury the other day was more than enjoyable. I should have mentioned how much it meant to me in my earlier post.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish Dahl would have rag-dahled this guy to the ground. Showboating bastard did what exactly? Force a guy out of bounds?

Whoopie!

You took the words out of my mouth!

I wish Dahl would have actually went low and blew out BOTH that BASTARDS ACLS!!!!

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The next day during my weekly shop I purchased a well priced bottle of champagne, just a small one (I don't really like champagne), I'm opening it in the event of a career ending injury to Mike Mitchell.

LOLOLOL!!!

I literally almost pissed my self reading this!!

Yeah, I think I'm going to like it here!!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Yeah, these bastards are going down hard in the playoffs. Unfortunately, we are seeing a collection of teams we hate in the playoffs!

This game is a good example, however, of how close we are!
Yeah, who do you root for? I guess I hope the Eagles get in and make a run. To me the panthers are the lesser of three evils....

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Mike Mitchell

mitchell.gif
I mean honestly if you weren't celebrating his injury WTF were you celebrating, getting him out of bounds, GTFO. Hard to believe Dahl didn't go nuts though.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Since that game the Rams have been less chirpy, or at least less after the whistle, they have also started to play "Marty Ball" and it flat out works.

If the Rams keep this style of offense with Sam handling the passes, and our D can continue to stay in line...this team is going places.