Cardinals vs Rams: Good, Bad, Ugly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
This game has officially moved me to the "**** it" stage of the season. The stage where all hope is officially lost and I don't even get mad anymore during the game. Instead its crazy, psychotic laughter and amazement at every unbelievably awful thing our team does to help it lose again. This was a low of lows for the season. If the team that played yesterday is the team that'll play the rest of the season I don't see us winning one more. I remember way back when Fisher first got hired and we had the second overall pick to trade to Washington and he promised that we would not be picking second overall again. Well, he has a real chance to break that promise this season. Or at least get damn close to it. Anyway, here's my list for yesterday.... **** it.

Good:
Johnny Hekker- tied career long punt with a 68 yarder.... 54.5 yard average is just insane.... 5 of his 8 punts were inside the 20. The dude is about as money as they come for punters. Yes he is just a punter and yes it is sad this is one of the few things I have to label good every week on our team but there is no denying that through his first four seasons Hekker has been one of the best punters of all time. His career average is 46.8 which currently ties him second all time for punt average. His average this season? 48.6. For his career so far he puts 34% of his punts inside the 20 yard line. Only 6% have been kicked for touchbacks. Insane. Imagine how bad we'd be without his consistency to give us great field position?

Aaron Donald- The freak was in the backfield all day again and added another sack to his total to make 8.0. He is now tied with Geno Atkins with the league lead in sacks for DT while also having 20 more tackles than Atkins this season. He continues to be the best player on our team who is not a Punter.

Benny Cunningham- On kick off returns he averaged 32.3 yards on 4 returns with a long of 41. One of the better days I can remember returning kick offs by the Rams in a while. Too bad he could probably have averaged 60 yards a return and we'd still end up with only 3 points.

Todd Gurley- Yeah he only had one good run but damn did he look good hitting that hole. Its embarrassing how bad this o-line is. And Gurley only got 9 carries but he actually averaged 4.6 yards a carry thanks to the one 34 yard scamper. I know it isn't much to go on but in this offense getting any yards is a miracle. I hope I don't feel as bad for this kid after ten years like I did for Steven Jackson.

Bad:
No bad.... ALL ugly.

Ugly: I could do a lot more here than what I did but just hitting a few.
Nick Foles- off target most of the day, bad interception, 42.9 completion percentage, 4.2 yards/attempt, 43.3 QBR.... do I need to say anything else?

Jared Cook- I get so sick of seeing this gigantic man constantly get schooled by smaller defenders not being able to catch or hold on to balls. The rare times he actually catches something I just assume he'll fumble it as soon as the Ed Domes air system kicks on let alone a defender hits him.

Brian Quick- a lot of passes thrown his way finally. True almost none of them were good passes but he could have came down with more than the 1 he did. Still an enigma to me is Quick. Has he regressed, is it the injury, is it the QB, is it the offense? Won't know probably until the Patriots pick him up this offseason and he as 1000 yards for them next season.

Defense- as a whole this defense had a great first half and then just looked defeated and helpless in the second. They were schooled in the third quarter. They had a lot of opportunities for turnovers that literally went through some of their hands. Overall, when you give up over 500 yards offense you didn't do your job. Two different times Jenkins was knocked out by our safeties (McDonald, Barron) while the Cardinal went untouched with a reception and a touchdown on one.

Coaching- same ole same old from week to week. Once again not going to harp on it much as it's been discussed enough by everyone. Was very disheartening to even hear Fisher not even be able to coach speak his way out of this embarrassment by stating he was "almost out of answers" for why his team sucks. Not good.... not good at all.

Honorable Mention Good:
Zach Hocker- Without him the Cardinals shut us out at home. Scraps.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Cardinals were starting two backup D lineman and mostly dominated the Rams O line in the run game. Of course, part of that is the inability to get a passing game going and forcing them to loosen things up.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks, Psycho...

You might consider changing this up a bit going forward...

Maybe "The Bad, The Really Bad and The Disgusting".
:D

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
While watching the Panthers vs. Saints game, it occurred to me that if we combined the Saints and the Rams, we might actually have a competitive team.