Cardinals trade for Matt Barkley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Cardinals trade 7th-rd pick for Matt Barkley
7421.jpg

Cardinals acquired QB Matt Barkley from the Eagles in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick.

The "condition" is Philadelphia gets a seventh-round pick if Barkley is on Arizona's roster for six games this year. The Cardinals' interest in Barkley has been rumored since he came out of USC, but Arizona brass didn't deem Barkley worthy of a day-two draft pick at that time. He went 98th overall to Philadelphia in 2013 and has since disappointed in preseason games. Barkley was probably going to get cut by the Eagles, perhaps in favor of Tim Tebow. In Arizona, weak-armed and barely-mobile Barkley will likely open the season on the third string behind Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton. The Barkley trade bodes poorly for Logan Thomas' chances of making the Cardinals' 53.
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Sep 4 - 3:56 PM

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
They need to stock up on Qbs because our guys are going to knock a few Qbs out this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Good, low cost move for Cards. I wouldn't be a surprise if he's an upgrade over all their backups. At worst, he's just as good.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think it's a great move for them. He's the best backup they have, once he learns the offense, and being from USC, Palmer will take him under his wing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good Trade for Cards IMHO, Barkley has some upside over the others and I guess Logan Thomas has been slow to develop.

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Cardinals put Phillip Sims on the practice squad I want the Rams to grab him.
Liked him a lot this preseason.

FRO

Legend
If he can't beat out Tebow, you have to really wonder if he is good enough himself to be in the league.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barkley is terrible. Overrated player in college...looks like people are still buying into the hype. He's Jimmy Clausen 2.0. Pop gun arm with mediocre mobility. As I recall, he's got like 0 TDs to 4 Ints in his NFL career.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Barkley is terrible. Overrated player in college...looks like people are still buying into the hype. He's Jimmy Clausen 2.0. Pop gun arm with mediocre mobility. As I recall, he's got like 0 TDs to 4 Ints in his NFL career.
Well, if you are right, then it's a big win for us, no?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The last time Philly sent a Barkley to Arizona in a trade it worked out pretty good for Phoenix.
Just sayin.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
NBA> NFL, just saying. So... (Logan) Thomas is gone or Stanton? Did they keep that brethren hope From Clemson, I think?

jap

Legend
R.I.P. Barkley.

It won't help, Cards! You just sentenced another poor kid to death row!

I really hope this team has bolstered their OL because the Battering Rams defense is on the warpath this season.