Cardinals sign RB Chris Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Chris Johnson is back in the NFL. He has less than three weeks to prove he still belongs.

The Arizona Cardinals have agreed to terms with Johnson, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported according to a source informed of the situation. Jay Glazer of FOX first reported the story.

Johnson will try to earn a spot on the team behind starter Andre Ellington. The opportunity opened up in large part because rookie David Johnson has been unable to practice recently because of a hamstring injury.

Around The NFL will have more on the story soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-johnson?campaign=tw-nf-sf12100348-sf12100348

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They went into the offseason wanting to add a true power back to compliment Ellington.
So they draft David Johnson and now add Chris Johnson...
nswgo.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
To be fair, Ellington & D.Johnson have been dinged up in camp, so maybe this signing is more for depth and a camp body for an offense that wants to primarily have a back with speed and receiving skills. I liked David Johnson in the draft too, but despite his "bigger" measurables he isn't a power back. He looks like an Ellington clone with more size IMO.

Maybe CHRIS Johnson has something left. I don't know. It seems that his better years were under the motivational tent of coach Jeff Fisher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CJ is not the same player any more. There is a reason he's available.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
CJ is a better player than people give him credit for. There isn't a defensive player in the NFL that can catch him in the open field but his teams never used him correctly. When you run a small, speedy back up the middle constantly then it takes away a lot of his potential and works him over.

Not sure he could take a full season workload anymore but he could still be a threat on pitch plays or as a receiving option out of the backfield a few times a game.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That tells you, this dude had no options. No back would choose to play the Rams and Hawks twice a year lol

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't think anyone is scared of him. When was the last time he had a good season? Running backs don't get better with age. Bring him on.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pine Hills Florida's most famous football player. That dude may be very hard to understand when you talk to him,,, but he is one really really fast RB.

He is coming back after being in a car were he and the driver were shot while driving through his old Pine Hills neighborhood if I'm remembering correctly.

I sure hope he's lost a few steps of that world class speed.... Dude always seems to have been able to torch us in the past.

Ram65

Legend
Very close stats to Tre Mason

Same 4.3 YPC as Mason

Mason had 776 Yards t0 Johnson's 663 with only 155 carries he could get his legs back.
Just don't want him playing the Rams and his old coach Jeff Fisher. He could be very motivated and a nice change of pace back with big play ability.

My post from the other thread. I don't think he is done. Wish he signed some place else.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Other great headlines could have included:
'Cardinals looking to add more firepower'
'Coach Arians hoping to give Chris Johnson a shot'
'Cardinals offense adds more bang'
'Chris Johnson hoping to prove his legs aren't shot'

I'll be here all night.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
IMO, this is probably a pretty good indicator of how well Johnson is coming along so far and their outlook for Ellington as a feature back...which is to say not well.

200_s.gif

CJNoK is getting too old for this, well, you know.