Cardinals sign DE Dwight Freeney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/cardinals-to-sign-dwight-freeney/

Cardinals to sign Dwight Freeney
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2015

Dwight Freeney is back in the NFL.

Freeney has passed a physical in Arizona and will sign with the Cardinals today, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports.

A three-time first-team All-Pro defensive end with the Colts, Freeney played for Cardinals coach Bruce Arians in 2012, when Arians was the Colts’ interim head coach.

The question now is whether Freeney has anything left at age 35. He played in all 16 games for the Chargers last year but recorded just 3.5 sacks and didn’t look like the same player he was in his prime. He’ll probably be able to give the Cardinals something as a situational pass rusher, however, and signing with the 4-1 Cardinals gives Freeney a chance to win another ring.
---------
And didn’t he have 40 QB hurries last season? I see that as a bigger stat than the sacks, hurries force quick sometimes inaccurate throws, this cards secondary will make you pay for that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Are the Cards back in a 4-3 or are they still in that 3-4. I forget... memory tanks when I'm getting over a cold and I'm too lazy to go look at film...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Are the Cards back in a 4-3 or are they still in that 3-4. I forget... memory tanks when I'm getting over a cold and I'm too lazy to go look at film...
3-4
They need LB's not over the hill DE's

edit: but i commend GM's who still look to make moves when your team is 4-1 and in first place.

azcards

UDFA
3-4
They need LB's not over the hill DE's

edit: but i commend GM's who still look to make moves when your team is 4-1 and in first place.

The Cards have no speed linebacker speed, blah. I assume this move was made because Okafor's injury is bad.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
He's old, and IMO will provide very little. Maybe 5-10 plays a game.

TexasRam

Legend
If Freeney and Foles were racing to the end zone cone, would would win?

Hmm.

Cardncub

Rookie
Okafor is going to be out 4-6 weeks. Freeney will be a situational pass rusher only. He was top 3 in QB pressures last year.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
There's Cards fans having a discussion about the Cards on a Rams forum. Not even mad, just find it a little funny.