Cardinals @ Seahawks...Best outcome for Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What's your take? Nuclear weapons? Natural disaster? A plague? :)
Here's the set-up....

Current NFCW standings:
Arizona 6-2(1-1)
St Louis 4-4(3-0)
Seattle 4-4(1-1)
San Fran 3-6(0-3)

What's the better outcome here? Losing to Minnesota sort of F'd up the wildcard thing...still alot of football to be played, but the Rams may have to win the division to get in.

OPTION A
An Arizona loss combined with a Rams win would look like this:
Arizona 6-3(1-2)
St Louis 5-4(3-0)
Seattle 5-4(2-1)
One game back of AZ with a 2 game lead in the division record.

OPTION B
A Seattle loss combined with a Rams win would look like this:
Arizona 7-2(2-1)
St Louis 5-4(3-0)
Seattle 4-5(1-2)
2 games back of AZ with a 1 game lead in division record.

OPTION C
Obviously any combination of our rivals' game and a Rams loss to the Bears is not good. A Seattle win/Rams loss puts us in 3rd place.
Arizona 6-3(1-2)
Seattle 5-4(2-1)
St Louis 4-5(3-0)

OPTION D
While an AZ win/Rams loss keeps us in front of Seattle by division record alone.
Arizona 7-2(2-1)
St Louis 4-5(3-0)
Seattle 4-5(1-2)

Bottom line is, of course...the Rams must beat Chicago to keep pace. I'm going with OPTION A.
Being 1 game back of the Cardinals will put some pressure on them to keep winning, with both the Rams & Seahawks right on their ass...not to mention the 2 head-to-head matchups left on their schedule.

Go Seahawks on Sunday.
yay1.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can't root for either, but you ask a good Question. At first glance I thought A Seattle win is best. But the Rams have to face them in Seattle and if that game decides the division it will be a tough out.

The Rams need to distance them from Seattle as much as possible. A three team race with a Seattle finale isn't the best case scenario.

If Arizona wins the maintain that two game lead which is now huge and should be a tie if Cook doesn't drop a TD pass in Pittsburgh and the entire defense doesn't forget how to run block the lowly Redskins.

But, the Cardinals have some their tougher part of the schedule ahead and there should at least be two or three losses in there for the Rams to catch up, if they play good football. If they don't, they deserve what they get.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO Arizona is the better football team(than Seattle), and i think we matchup better with the Seahawks when it comes right down to it...so that's another angle where i believe that we just need the Cards to lose some games.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm in favor of a Seattle win. Yes, they'll be tough at home. But we beat them already once and we always give them problems. We can beat them. We can beat Arizona too. But Seattle winning puts us 1 game out of first if we beat Chicago.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I really dont see this as much of a debate, tbh. A Rams win and a Cards loss means the Rams would now control their own destiny

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
No question with me...The Rams would love to win the West....The only way to do that is to have Seattle win this weekend and the Rams to beat the Cards again...They worry about Seattle later...It's an uphill road either way..I think 9-7 is most likely (and best case scenario)...I don't think that really wins the division or the wild card spot...It's a serious move in the right direction though, IMO...The Rams need to beat the teams that they should beat and steal one from Cincinnati and /or Seattle at their places (Both very tough challenges)......

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
What's the better outcome here? Losing to Minnesota sort of F'd up the wildcard thing...still alot of football to be played, but the Rams may have to win the division to get in.

Not sure we are out of the WC race at all with Vikings heading into a meat grinder and Atlanta falling on their faces.

I can't root for either, but you ask a good Question.

No, but you CAN root against one of them more than the other. :sneaky:

---------

ARIZONA MUST WIN!

Arizona has a brutal schedule going forward. They simply won't keep a 2 game lead over the Rams. They will fall on their own.

The Seahawks have a much easier schedule than the Cards and can stay with the Rams until the end even if we play our asses off.

We do NOT want this to be a winter game in Seattle determining our fate.

Bottom line in my mind is that the Cards will lose on a cold wet field in Seattle, but I sure wish they would win. :icare:

RamzFanz

Damnit
No question with me...The Rams would love to win the West....The only way to do that is to have Seattle win this weekend and the Rams to beat the Cards again...They worry about Seattle later...It's an uphill road either way..I think 9-7 is most likely (and best case scenario)...I don't think that really wins the division or the wild card spot...It's a serious move in the right direction though, IMO...The Rams need to beat the teams that they should beat and steal one from Cincinnati and /or Seattle at their places (Both very tough challenges)......

You lost me bro. Rams have 6 should wins left.

Bears
Ravens
Cardinals
Lions
Bucs
Niners

We are at 10 without a win against the Bengals or Hawks.

Cards have a very tough road.

at Hawks
Bengals
at Rams
Vikings
at Eagles
Packers
Hawks

I'm sorry Card fans, I don't see a lot of wins there. 5-6 losses in my mind, meaning Rams could win outright or in a tiebreaker.

IF Seahawks are better than the cards, I can't say they won't sweep. Who will stop them? At home against the Steelers with no Bell and Big Ben gimpy right now? At home against Rams? I hope so, but, ya know, winter in their house? At Vikings? I don't know. At Cards? I don't know.

Last edited:

ohiorams

Rookie
the best outcome would be Seahawks win but the Cardinals will win. That puts Seattle almost out and the Cards with 2 losses are still reachable while the Rams have 3 division wins now.

ohiorams

Rookie
you are forgetting: the Seahawks never faced Carson Palmer.

and quite frankly,media has basically ignored the Seahawks lately. They interest no one now

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure we are out of the WC race at all with Vikings heading into a meat grinder and Atlanta falling on their faces.

---------

ARIZONA MUST WIN!

Arizona has a brutal schedule going forward. They simply won't keep a 2 game lead over the Rams. They will fall on their own.

The Seahawks have a much easier schedule than the Cards and can stay with the Rams until the end even if we play our asses off.

Bottom line in my mind is that the Cards will lose on a cold wet field in Seattle, but I sure wish they would win. :icare:

I'd rather bet on the Rams beating the Cards and the Seahawks then other teams doing it. Cards lose and we control our destiny (as another poster pointed it out). Cards win and we are relying on other teams to get the job done.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'd rather bet on the Rams beating the Cards and the Seahawks then other teams doing it. Cards lose and we control our destiny (as another poster pointed it out). Cards win and we are relying on other teams to get the job done.

Cards lose and the Seahawks are tied with us in w/l and have an easy going of it going forward for the most part. The Cards entire w/l this season is against losing teams. Seahawks will get up if Cards let them and we barely beat them in our house in a dome.

Cards will come down. Seahawks are in a prime spot to win a lot of games just like the Rams.

This has nothing to do with the Rams beating them, we may have to either way, this is about changing the dynamics going forward. Unleash a team to an easy schedule with one less loss or lower down the team with a much easier schedule.

This win over the Hawks may be as important as the win over Min would have been.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a great thread. Reading thru the responses have had me change my opinion back and forth. Well played fellas.
That would be options a or b. Never gave the other 2 a thought...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The Rams have to concentrate on winning out. If they do they can't lose the division if the Cards lose to the Hawks this week. It will all be in the Ram's control after that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am conflicted;
  1. I hate the Seahawks real bad
  2. Seattle has a very favourable schedule with the next 5 of 7 at home
  3. It's best to always control your destiny, so a Seattle win is best for that scenario
  4. AZ might have the harder schedule, but if they beat Seattle in Seattle they seem good enough to keep winning
In the end, I think it's always best for the teams in front of you to lose.

With 8 to play... You never know. Wussle could go down with injury. So, one game at a time... Seattle win is the best for today's situation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

LOL that is the same thing. I could root for a tie though. Or maybe for Bruce Ariens to get into a throw down with Pete Carroll and pull Pete's skirt up over his head hockey style and lay the beat down on him.

This is just what I think. More important for the Seahawks to win.

Correctomundo. Don't leave the game in the hands of the Zebras. I don't want a one game playoff with either the Cards or Seahawks.

DVontel

Rookie
You lost me bro. Rams have 6 should wins left.

Bears
Ravens
Cardinals
Lions
Bucs
Niners

We are at 10 without a win against the Bengals or Hawks.

Cards have a very tough road.

at Hawks
Bengals
at Rams
Vikings
at Eagles
Packers
Hawks

I'm sorry Card fans, I don't see a lot of wins there. 5-6 losses in my mind, meaning Rams could win outright or in a tiebreaker.

IF Seahawks are better than the cards, I can't say they won't sweep. Who will stop them? At home against the Steelers with no Bell and Big Ben gimpy right now? At home against Rams? I hope so, but, ya know, winter in their house? At Vikings? I don't know. At Cards? I don't know.
Really wouldn't underestimate Chicago, Baltimore(pretty much has played everyone tough, despite their record), & even Tampa Bay as of late. Especially with the way you guys have been struggling with teams out of the division.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
On outsiders take. I am thinking an AZ win would be better. Here's why. The Rams beat AZ in AZ. They should be able to do it at home. Although nothing is a given. The AZ stretch of Eagles, Vikings and Packers, they should lose at least one of them. AZ beating Seattle will take them down a notch. Then all the Rams have to do is tie the Cardinals for the division. First tie breaker is head to head. Second is games in the division. All you need to do is look at how an AZ win affects those. Remember, they are two games between the Cards and Hawks yet. The Rams are the only undefeated team against their division opponent so far.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Really wouldn't underestimate Chicago, Baltimore(pretty much has played everyone tough, despite their record), & even Tampa Bay as of late. Especially with the way you guys have been struggling with teams out of the division.
Outside of that turd that was dropped against Washington, the only teams the Rams have lost to out of the division were winning teams, and the games were close, so I wouldn't count on them losing against those losing teams. Could happen, but I doubt it. Also, Chicago, Tampa, and Lions are home games, where the Rams pretty much take care of business, especially against weaker opponents (see San Fran and Cleveland). I'm also getting tired of reminding people that we had 3 freaking starters on defense out last week against Minnesota, and that offense took advantage. I know the Rams would have won that game with Quinn and McDonald playing at the very least.