Cardinals release WR/KR Ted Ginn Jr.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/23/cardinals-release-ted-ginn/

Cardinals release Ted Ginn
Posted by Josh Alper on February 23, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0nmizztdjotmxotjkotuwndm5ztu1odvmntm4y2yz-e1424728750850.jpeg
AP

The Cardinals will have Larry Fitzgerald back in a receiver group that also includes Michael Floyd,John Brown and Jaron Brown, which means they didn’t have much use for a veteran wideout set to make $3.25 million per year in 2015 and 2016.

Ted Ginn added some value as a returner, but that wasn’t enough for him to keep his job. The Cardinals announced Monday that they have released Ginn after the first year of the three-year deal he signed with the club.

Ginn had 14 catches for 190 yards for the Cardinals in 2014 while playing the fifth-most snaps on offense of any wide receiver. He averaged 19 yards per kickoff return, the lowest mark of his career, and returned one punt for a touchdown during the regular season.

Ginn also had a costly fumble on a kickoff in the team’s playoff loss to the Panthers, but his special teams skills will still likely be his best route to a job with another team for what would be his ninth NFL season after entering the NFL as a first-round pick of the Dolphins in 2007.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if they will use Brown on returns. That guy is faster than Ginn but looks much thinner and smaller. If hey go that route it could come back on them. There is talk that they will be looking for a more durable, bigger runningback than Arrington. Maybe they go the Rams/Bennie Cunnigham route and try Arrington in that role.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Cardinals have no shortage of capable PR guys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Never lived up to his enormous skill set when he came outta the Ohio State....

He was one I never felt was a first round worthy pick. I watch mostly BigTen games and saw plenty of Ginn. I never saw a first round receiver in him.