Cardinals petrified of Arians' 'Accountability Board'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Things like those rarely workout...no matter how the article tries to spin it in a positive ways. Most players just don't respond well to that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WvuIN02 said:
As far as his big board goes, who wouldnt want a coach who makes his players accountable and tries to reach perfection. These guys make absurd amounts of money, either buy in or go to someplace where you can go through the motions. Its like the military, you screw up you dont get a bunch of pats on the back and do better next times. Not saying the stakes are as high in football, but a good kick in the arse is missing these days. Do your job and you wont be on the board.

He's a great coach. There's a reason Ben R didnt want him to leave Pittsburgh. He did an amazing job with Indy with a rookie QB and only having Reggie Wayne. I mean, look at all Rg3 and Wilson had. Dominating running games, solid OL's, and good to great defenses. Indy had none of that and still went to the playoffs.

It's not a coincidence he is very well respected by the QBs he coached with Manning, Big Ben, and now Luck. They are all good QBs to be sure, but he had a huge part in their development. How he gets so much out of young QBs is something I think that is impressive. I wouldn't overlook Arizona at all.

There's a right way to do things and there's a wrong way. I just don't see Arians way having a lot of positive results. Here's a great read...seriously, check it out:
<a class="postlink" href="http://m.clevescene.com/cleveland/manginis-mess-sent-to-save-the-cleveland-browns-eric-mangini-instead-put-on-a-clinic-on-how-to-drive-a-teams-morale-into-the-ground/Content?oid=3625467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.clevescene.com/cleveland/mangi ... id=3625467</a>

And it also reminds me of how Spags was here. A little napoleon that was a stickler and control freak over the smallest of issues.

You can coach players and work with them without petty things like the Arians Accountability Board. We'll see if it works. I could be dead wrong but it seems to me that these things often have a way of alienating players and causing rifts rather than rallying them and improving their game.

You can show a guy what he did wrong and teach him how to fix it without humiliating him. That's really should be one of your final straws. If he's not getting it and it's one of the few cards you have left to play...ok...do it. But I think most people grasp things before it ever comes to that point.

You don't have to be soft with them either but there's a line between being stern and strict and being an obnoxious jerk and a control freak.