Cardinals G Jonathan Cooper suffers broken leg.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
.. And is possibly done for the year. I hate seeing injuries to guys... but it makes the Rams job easier in a few Sunday's!

Guard Jonathan Cooper was carted off the field against the San Diego Chargers with a left ankle injury. A player was blocked into Cooper's leg while he was running down the field trying to make a block. Cooper was unable to put any weight on the leg after the injury, and he had to be helped off the field.

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after the game that Cooper broke his leg on the play, per Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, putting the rookie's season in jeopardy.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233879/article/jonathan-cooper-breaks-leg-could-miss-cardinals-season?campaign=Twitter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... witter_atl</a>

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
This one goes out to Carson Palmer September 8th.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uf_rTLqj0o[/youtube]

Rams... De comin.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
And injuries to starting TE, NT, & RB. Not rooting for their injuries, but it certainly makes our chance of winning improve.

@AZCardinals
Arians said that TE Rob Housler has a high ankle sprain. NT Dan Williams has a low ankle sprain. Mendenhall getting MRI on knee. #SDvsAZ

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I want them at their best when we play so that when they ponder the misery we inflict on them that game, they can have no excuses for why the failed so hard.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sad to hear, but I kinda suspected that Brockers would have his way with the rookie if he played.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I really liked Cooper and Warmack in this draft. That being said, the O-line for the Az is a bunch of pylons. Palmer is going to get smacked around by our front 7. I almost feel bad for him...almost

Speeps

Starter
That sucks. I liked Cooper as a player a lot. Never good to see injuries to young players, especially in the preseason.

As a Rams fan I couldn't help but think about the positive impact this has on us for the opening regular season game.

Anyone remember when Bruce Arian hyped up Levi Brown as a good to great left tackle? Let's just say he's been having trouble this preseason and Dwight Freeny ate last night.

Arizona's line still looks a little suspect.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Firing GM Rod Graves was essential. I think that AZ's front office has turned the corner in terms of how to draft since the Denny Green era...but my Lord...that franchise is cursed. They finally address the achilles heel of a shit soup OLine and BAM!...setback.

Palmer was a smart signing but he'll be soon forgotten when he gets pummeled behind an awful OLine.
They've shown some improvement on offense thus far in preseason but i just dont see Palmer getting any protection vs the NFC West pass rush.

J.Cooper looked pretty good in front of Palmer after being thrust into the lineup. I watched 2 preseason games and he was impressive amongst a group of underachieving vets and unskilled young talent. AZ is hoping that the whole Russ Grimm OLine coach debacle experiment will turn around quickly with mostly the same group up front. New coaching. Ehhh....I just think they have no talent there...at all.

IMO their WR's will get open from time to time because Palmer can still sling it...and Fitz is still a guy who can beat any coverage.

Fuk it. Send in the pass rush...AZ will NOT be able to block our guys up front. That i'm very confident of.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate injuries. It sucks to lose anyone in the preseason.

I agree with you mojo; anytime that team seems to make progress they suffer a blow. They certainly appear cursed.

It helps the Rams, sure. But I'd like to have our best against their best.

jap

Legend
rams24/7 said:
And injuries to starting TE, NT, & RB. Not rooting for their injuries, but it certainly makes our chance of winning improve.

@AZCardinals
Arians said that TE Rob Housler has a high ankle sprain. NT Dan Williams has a low ankle sprain. Mendenhall getting MRI on knee. #SDvsAZ

Low ankle sprains are not usually lengthy. At most Dan may have to knock off some rust when he returns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sucks for them.

Which, by default, is great for us. :p

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well damn. That sucks...such is football life. Just ask the 2011 Rams...

tonyl711

Starter
bad for them, good for us. no sympathy here, we have been going through stuff like that for years, never seen any tears coming from any NFC west teams for us. and yes the Cardinals have been cursed for a long time, it all started when Bill Bidwell took over, any owner who would keep George Boone to run his draft as long as billy did can expect to get cursed (literally) by any football fan in that town. the Cubs have the goat curse and the Cardinals have the billy goat curse.

iced

jap said:
rams24/7 said:

@AZCardinals

Low ankle sprains are not usually lengthy. At most Dan may have to knock off some rust when he returns.

still may take some time.. it is a nose tackle, that's a lot of weight to put on an ankle...ain't like RB/WR lol