Cardinals extend defensive coordinator Todd Bowles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/13/cardinals-extend-defensive-coordinator-todd-bowles/

Cardinals extend defensive coordinator Todd Bowles
Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2014

bowles.jpg

As Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles moves closer to a potential head-coaching opportunity, the Cardinals have made it easier for him to be selective.

Per a league source, the Cardinals have extended Bowles contract through 2017. The deal includes a significant pay raise. Bowles is now believed to be one of the five highest-paid assistant coaches in the league.

Previously, Bowles was under contract through 2015.

Bowles remains eligible to pursue head-coaching opportunities. With the Cardinals possibly playing into February, there may not be a team willing to wait that long to hire him this year.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very smart move on their part, he'd be gone quick!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It does not matter, they could have extended him through 2037, he will be a Head Coach in 2015, you know it, I know it and the American people know it!

ram007

Starter
The best thing that happened to Arizona Cardinals is BidWill Jr. taking over. I wish that happened while they were still in St.Louis. Oh Well..

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does not matter, they could have extended him through 2037, he will be a Head Coach in 2015, you know it, I know it and the American people know it!
Lets just hope its not in San Francisco.....

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
An excellent DC doesn't necessarily equate to a good HC.

A55VA6

Legend
He's a good coach. Good move by the Cardinals. If he's smart, he'll stay put in ARZ and wait for the right Head coaching opportunity.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lets just hope its not in San Francisco.....

Didn't think of that...Hmmm, hopefully in the AFC or to me the perfect fit would be the Bears if they truly want to get back to Bear football, however, I don't see them paying Trestman's contact.

Also teams usually go opposite of what their current Head Coach specializes in, however, IMO, he'd be a great fit for Atlanta.