Cardinals confirm Carson Palmer will go on IR with torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't see how it sounds that different from "Don't know about injury prone, but I'm talking about every time the guy is going to theoretically turn the corner on his career he gets injured. Like back on the Bengals when he got injured against the Steelers and held him back(With no help from the miser Mike Brown or the Raiders.) And just when things are going to look up for him, this. More unlucky than injury prone."
Well you began with "dude just cant stay healthy", which isnt true, he's been a rock. Unfortunate at this stage in his career? Yes.
Missed only 12 starts in 109 games for Cincy, missed 12 games in 2008
Missed only 1 start in 25 games for the Raiders
Started all 16 last year and 6 of 9 this year
Blew out his knee in 2005 playoffs and was in pro bowl next year, didnt miss a start

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Palmer was getting beat up prior to that injury. He literally had Rams gold and grass smeared all over his jersey and a bloodied face. I don't think he was going to last much longer in that game anyway. Stanton got hit hard on his TD pass. I'm not sure Carson gets up after that one.

Tough break. Shit happens. We know all about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I feel bad for Palmer. It is weird that even though the Cards are in our division, I don't really feel any animosity toward them. I of course always want us to kick their asses but it's nothing like the five or so teams I have a guttural reaction to.

Get well Carson. Sucked when I saw him go down. Sucks even more to have what I figured, confirmed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/13/the-full-carson-palmer-contract-details/

The full Carson Palmer contract details
Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2014

carsonpalmer1.jpeg
AP

Last Friday, Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer signed a new contract. Two days later, he tore an ACL.

The move gives him significant security; if he can’t play through 2015 due to injury, he’ll still get $20.5 million he wouldn’t have previously received. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, here’s the full breakdown.

1. $6.5 million signing bonus.

2. $3.5 million roster bonus, earned on November 8.

3. $4.235 million in remaining fully-guaranteed base salary for 2014. (He already was due to earn $4.235 million for the balance of the season, and as a practical matter it already was guaranteed.)

4. $9.5 million 2015 roster bonus, due on the fifth day of the league year. The bonus is guaranteed for injury only at signing. As of the fifth day of the 2015 waiver period, the roster bonus becomes fully guaranteed.

5. $1 million 2015 base salary, guaranteed for injury only at signing. As of the fifth day of the 2015 waiver period, the base salary becomes fully guaranteed.

6. $6.5 million 2016 base salary. As of the fifth day of the 2016 waiver period, the base salary becomes fully guaranteed.

7. $6.5 million 2016 roster bonus, due on the fifth day of the league year. As of the fifth day of the 2016 waiver period, the roster bonus becomes fully guaranteed.

8. $8.15 million 2017 base salary. As of the fifth day of the 2016 waiver period, the base salary becomes fully guaranteed.

The cap numbers are $13 million in 2014, $14.5 million in 2015, $14.7 million in 2016, and $10.15 million in 2017.

The deal also includes a phony final season with a base salary of $16.5 million and a roster bonus of $8.15 million. The final year of the contract voids, however, if Palmer is on the roster on the fifth day of the 2018 waiver period. (So why do it? The extra year reduces the annual bonus proration. For the final year, a cap charge of $2 million is due to be absorbed.)

The structure the Cardinals to make a quick decision each year about Palmer. Less than a week after each Super bowl, his pay for the next year becomes fully guaranteed. (In contrast, Colin Kaepernick agreed to give the 49ers until April 1 each year to make the decision.)

With Palmer’s knee injury, it’s unclear how long the Cardinals will keep him. By February 6, they’ll be on the hook for his full 2015 compensation. Based on his rehab and performance in 2015, the team will decide whether to keep Palmer for 2016.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes, it was a sack.

He grabbed his jersey when Palmer was about to plant his front leg. Here's the video:
Ui4mbrY.gif

When Barron grabs him and pulls him backwards, it throws his balance off and then watch the way his front knee/ankle buckles when he plants. It was an innocent play but I think Barron grabbing him caused it.

Yup that little twist from the grab and the momentum is what did the damage.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Now that the Rams are out of it, I was hoping Az would win. I just hate the Seahawks and whiners too much. Sucks for them. All I can say is that we know the feeling very well