Cardinals confirm Carson Palmer will go on IR with torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have to admit. You guys are the classiest fans of opposing teams that I have seen. Thumbs up to you guys. :cheers: Btw, you guys need a wider variety of icons. :)

Agree we have a classy group of fans here :cool:

I'd rather lose playing teams at full strength. I can't fathom rooting for injuries to anyone. It feels unsportsman like.

Even if I've joked about it with Kaeperdick...:sneaky:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yep, it sucks the big one to see your QB, or any other player for that matter, on the deck in pain. There are a few players that I wouldn't mind see knocked out of the game and that's only because they are dirty.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
I feel bad for the guy, I tore mine once. It was a lot physical therapy and pain. I'm not comparing myself to a pro athlete but it wasn't much fun. I was watching the game when it happened and the way his upper leg went forward and his lower leg stuck in the turf an ACL was my first thought.

rams2050

Starter
Well, as an old St. Louis (football) Cardinals fan, one who suffered through the George Boone and Bill Bidwill years when nothing that the team ever did was right -- save for the Don Coryell tenure -- I still don't like them and I hope they don't win out.

That being said, my hate does not extend to Carson Palmer, who I believe is one of the good guys. I wish him well, and I hope that they are wrong about it being a torn ACL. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Man, that really sucks. Palmer seems like a good guy and the Arizona fans appear to be a classy bunch as well. Second ACL tear, wow.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hope not.
Seeing a guy fall to the ground on his own, well, that often doesn't end well.
At first I thought it was a Achilles the way he was holding his ankle.
On the sideline he was walking on his own then almost went to the ground again.
Shame.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I guess that was the cost of beating us... Wish him well in his recovery.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In one of the posts in the 'What Cardinals Fans Are Saying' thread, someone said they feared they would win the game but lose Palmer for the season because of the ferocious pass rush by the Rams. He may have been prophetic.

I was prophetic, sadly. I said on another website in a thread about Palmer getting his extension that they should have waited until after the Rams game in case the Rams "Kolb" him.

This sucks. I like the Cardinals much more than I like SF and Seattle.

V3

Hall of Fame
I have to admit. You guys are the classiest fans of opposing teams that I have seen. Thumbs up to you guys. :cheers: Btw, you guys need a wider variety of icons. :)
Of all fans, I think we should understand about the best. It sucks.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well actually he Kolbed himself. It's not like he was injured by a brutal sack with three Rams plowing into him.

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showt...P-MAY-HAVE-TORN-ACL-May-be-out-for-the-season

NFL NETWORK: CP MAY HAVE TORN ACL. May be out for the season.

True. Although I think Barron grabbing him as he planted the leg is what caused it. Still, bad for them. I wouldn't feel badly if we were in the hunt but we aren't. And I want Arizona to win it over Seattle and SF.

I will say, though, Barron looked good today. There was some confusion at times but I think he and T.J. will be a really good combo.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Strange, but the first thought I had was that it looked odd the way he went down...Like with Sam, it looked very much like a benign play..Nobody got near his knees that I can remember...Looked to me that , like Bradford, he got his foot caught as he was falling...Tough break for him...I would surely like to see the Cards win the west over the whiners or Albatross....(Both of whom looked rather lackluster in wins today)...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
True. Although I think Barron grabbing him as he planted the leg is what caused it. Still, bad for them. I wouldn't feel badly if we were in the hunt but we aren't. And I want Arizona to win it over Seattle and SF.

I will say, though, Barron looked good today. There was some confusion at times but I think he and T.J. will be a really good combo.

He got a handful of his jersey, Palmer escaped took a few steps and fell down. Btw did that count as a sack?

And yeah, TJ and Barron are a potentially exciting coupling back there.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Best of luck to Palmer and the Cards. Very disappointed for the Rams to fight that hard and come up empty.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He got a handful of his jersey, Palmer escaped took a few steps and fell down. Btw did that count as a sack?

And yeah, TJ and Barron are a potentially exciting coupling back there.

Yes, it was a sack.

He grabbed his jersey when Palmer was about to plant his front leg. Here's the video:
Ui4mbrY.gif

When Barron grabs him and pulls him backwards, it throws his balance off and then watch the way his front knee/ankle buckles when he plants. It was an innocent play but I think Barron grabbing him caused it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yes, it was a sack.

He grabbed his jersey when Palmer was about to plant his front leg. Here's the video:
Ui4mbrY.gif

When Barron grabs him and pulls him backwards, it throws his balance off and then watch the way his front knee/ankle buckles when he plants. It was an innocent play but I think Barron grabbing him caused it.

Thanks for posting that. He might have even injured it before Barron grabbed him as he's evading the rush.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Looks like he hurt it just by planting his leg as he was getting ready to throw. Freak accident.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting that. He might have even injured it before Barron grabbed him as he's evading the rush.
Seems like more than ever guys are getting ACL's on these kind of plays. Just a mis-step or loss of balance or a upper body torque. Old days when we thought ACL it was a knee folded at a 90 deg. angle.