Cardale Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I recall a bunch of you guys having a bone for this guy after the playoffs. Granted he did well in a small sample size but that was just what it was....small sample.

He was benched against Northern Illinois in favor of Barrett Jones. It will be interesting to see if he can get another chance. Did Northern Illinois figure his weak spots or did he just stay up too late on Friday night?

I am not sold on Jones as an NFL QB yet. It takes more than physical skill to make it in the NFL. Meyers system is QB friendly and functions great with his system QBs (Tebow anyone). Jones has the tools to play in Meyers system but how many QB starters did he put into the league besides Alex Smith?

Athos

Legend
Not sure. From what little I've seen though it appears he's trying to turn Cardale into a running QB rather than keep him as a typical pocket passer which is how he should be developing.

But I haven't seen him enough to know.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Story still to be written but I never thought his stock was going to be as high as it was coming off the post season last year

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea Cardale blew it by not coming out last year. He will almost certainly be benched for Barrett the rest of the year.

Lots of people here in Columbus thought Barrett should have been the starter from the get go. I knew that Braxton wouldn't be - and Cardale is a year older than Barrett, so I thought he would start this year and then leave for the NFL, giving Barrett another two years to start after that.

I think that Meyer has given Cardale every opportunity to keep the job, and he has blown it for the last time.

I think that JT will be the starter going forward. Cardale could end up having lost millions after coming back to school..

The loss of Devin Smith has been very underrated. He made the passing game go last year; Barrett hasn't gotten a full chance with the offense just yet, but even he hasn't looked great throwing the ball - and he broke several Big 10 passing records last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like all of us said last year, Cardale made an incredibly stupid move. He bought what Meyer was selling when the truth was that Meyer wasn't looking out for his best interest. Stupid thing is that Meyer didn't even need him. J.T. Barrett and Braxton would have been more than enough.