Cardale Jones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I respect the opinions of professional scouts and analysts. With that said, I saw two plays in a Senior Bowl and was convinced Ladanian Tomlinson would be a stud. One game of watching Georgetown and I knew Iverson would be a force in the NBA. I only saw highlights of some dude at SMU, but I think Dickerson turned out to be a pretty good runner. QBs? OK, maybe I whiffed on Alex Smith (another Meyer project) and Byron Leftwich. But I was right about Luck, Manning, Moon, and Rodgers (the type of QBs I prefer).

With that said, I love CJs game! Put me down as a fan. Screw three games, Give me his mental and physical toughness all day long. Watching him made me think one thing...SOLID! I want a tank leading my team. Trouble reading NFL defenses? Inevitable. Scale down the offense. He won't ever be Marino or Moon. Fisher won with McNair, didn't he? Heck, McNair and George almost buried the GSOT by sheer power and will. That's what CJ brings to the table.

First round I want to trade down so we have three picks in the first two rounds. 2 OLinemen and Jones. Bradford starts, CJ contributes in short yardage and develops. If Sam goes down again, CJ survives his growing pains but the rushing offense becomes formidable. I think it's as solid a plan as any. Oh, I still want Hill available too if Bradford gets hurt.

Alan

Legend
He might not even be the starter at OS next year if he doesn't go pro. 3 games is not enough for me and one only needs to look at a really nice 3 game stint by Davis to understand why I say that.

He's on my radar though.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I also might look to draft Jones but I think you have to wait at least until the late third round for that type of risk. I think most teams will be scared to take him for his lack of experience. Jones will probably bust but it's worth a shot in our situation. At the end of the day, if someone else picks him earlier then they took a third string college QB that makes reads like Kaepernick and has next to nothing as far as experience or game tape to trust.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
He might not even be the starter at OS next year if he doesn't go pro. 3 games is not enough for me and one only needs to look at a really nice 3 game stint by Davis to understand why I say that.

He's on my radar though.

This. Many of us were getting over excited about Davis' potential and possible future role on this team (myself included) and that came crashing back down to Earth.

This Jones fella might be better at adjusting than Davis was but, if he declares, let someone else see if that's the case or not.

fearsomefour

Legend
0% chance to me to take him early this year.
5th round? Ok.
Another year of seasoning at the college level with a good performance, ok, now you're talking. The problem is, as Alan said, it is very likely he is the backup at Ohio State next year. He is an older guy, so, if he ends up spending his whole allowed time in college he will be 25/26 before he is drafted....again, the main thing would be the mental game. Who knows how far behind he is in that regard. It is a major adjustment for all players coming into the NFL. A guy this green. Unless he is a revelation (he might be for all I know) I think you are looking at guy who will need to sit for 2 to 3 years to be ready for the NFL.

fearsomefour

Legend
This. Many of us were getting over excited about Davis' potential and possible future role on this team (myself included) and that came crashing back down to Earth.

This Jones fella might be better at adjusting than Davis was but, if he declares, let someone else see if that's the case or not.
Jones has the physical ability that Davis dreams he had.
But your example is a valid one. Davis is a guy with an ocean sized pool of experience compared to Jones and he could not adjust to the game once Ds started to see his weaknesses. Jones has the physical talent. But trying to come in now and play even after just 1 year of learning would see highly unlikely to me.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I want to trust our coaches and personnel people. But the story that people in the draft room were pushing Fish to take Manziel in the 1st (as the third first round selection) causes concern. And then there's that Rams scout who was busted for peeing on a building - I don't think I want to know what he has to say about taking #1's.