Cardale Jones declaring for the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I think the Rams could be in a positron to pick him up. Do you think he would be worth getting in the 1st or 2nd round?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not as the primary option for bringing in a QB, no. But if I took Connor Cook in the 1st, as an example, I'd definitely consider going with a guy like Cardale in the 3rd to develop behind him in case Cook (or any first round QB) doesn't work out, kind of like the Redskins did with RG3 and Cousins.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, Jones has upside, but he'll have to be in the right offense with WR's that can stretch the field and a team that has strong offensive coaches and presently that does not exist with the Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There are just WAY too many months and things that would have to happen for the Rams to be looking at a second tier QB. If they are going to go for a QB it has to be a big trade to get up in the top for the top prospect and I don't see that happening either.

What happens with all the FAs we have? What kind of progress do we have with all the OL guys who are hurt? What are they going to do with the QBs they already have on the roster?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1 year too late.
I can't see him getting drafted. Got benched this year and his replacement wasn't very good either. Last year was a magic carpet ride

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Shoulda came out last year....the better coaches are in the pros....especially QB coaches...better to get a head start on the playbook...and save some $$$$$.... bet he's not even a day 2 pick...

FRO

Legend
Lesson these athletes should learn is when you have a chance at being a first round pick, jump. That being said no need to leave college early if you don't have to.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's too much of a project. But if we take a QB in the first round and he falls to Day 3...maybe. Depends on where Mannion stands.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the Rams could be in a positron to pick him up. Do you think he would be worth getting in the 1st or 2nd round?

No thanks. He sucks. He was terribly inaccurate this year. He was initially benched when they got to the red zone where things speed up with a short field. It turned into him being benched altogether. I don't care about the 'scheme fit' argument. He is a lesser version of Kaepernick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lesson these athletes should learn is when you have a chance at being a first round pick, jump. That being said no need to leave college early if you don't have to.

I don't think he would have gone in the first round last year despite all of the forum buzz. Cossell broke him down on the radio and basically said he had a ton of flaws and nobody would take him higher than round 3. Kiper said round 3 too.