cap savings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
just sayin, but The Rams could open a spot at inside linebacker by parting with Barron -- thus saving $22 million toward the salary cap over the next three years, then sign Davis from Denver and grab a LBer @23

train

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
how much would Davis cost? What if a great value at another position falls to the Rams at #23?

I'm not sure the $7 million saved is going to have much left once a replacement is signed. And the Rams may have other needs to draft too.

Since I'm doubtful that Barwin comes back, cutting Barron would mean the entire starting LB corps would be replaced - unless the Rams really do like the internal replacements, that would leave too many spots for rookies or unproven free agents, unless they sign a bunch of expensive vets.

I expect Barron to be back in 2018 at this stage.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
nope i was just sayin, but it does save a bunch of cap money
train

I don't believe you lol.

You can't retool that many guys and the Rams know it. We already lost 3 MAIN starters and we can't lose more if we expect to be competitive on defense this year

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I agree with train, I think there’s a strong chance Barron won’t be back. Coming off injury, undersized, overpriced. Everything about this offseason so far screams, “If you aren’t a great fit for Wade’s 3-4, you are gone.”

IMHO I’d be happy if Barron stays or if he’s cut. Either way, I’m all-in for Mr. Snead’s Wild Ride