Cap question/free agents?????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Hey just wanted you guys input on what you think this organizations plans are. I know we are all guessing impatient anxious lol but here is my question:

This team had budgeted itself to look ahead for Donald, Gurley , Goff, Joyner, and Peters obviously the offensive line next year and of course Sammy Watkins contract. I know we are all waiting for rumors, signings, anything but this team has some holes linebackers starters and depth, NT as well as depth at the offensive line spot not to mention a vertical wideout possibly. So with everyone being sucked up so fast forgetting about the other cap money they already had but to not even use Sammys allotted cash on one or two guys is a bit frustrating. I understand Brown is out there and Poe and I'd be so happy with those two but edge rushers are basically gone. I'd love for it to go like this:

Poe
Okafor/Galette
Brown
Pryor
Sullivan

And if any room left:
Pugh

The Rams had like what 50 million in cap space taking Donald away couple other signings fair to say bring it down to 30 million minus 6 million for draft class. Those players should come in at under 24 million total (without Pugh) and Websters 3 million could possibly come off as well. Austins inevitable release and Websters possible release almost is enough for Brown alone. Also some of those contract could be one or two year contracts.

Thoughts????

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey just wanted you guys input on what you think this organizations plans are. I know we are all guessing impatient anxious lol but here is my question:

This team had budgeted itself to look ahead for Donald, Gurley , Goff, Joyner, and Peters obviously the offensive line next year and of course Sammy Watkins contract. I know we are all waiting for rumors, signings, anything but this team has some holes linebackers starters and depth, NT as well as depth at the offensive line spot not to mention a vertical wideout possibly. So with everyone being sucked up so fast forgetting about the other cap money they already had but to not even use Sammys allotted cash on one or two guys is a bit frustrating. I understand Brown is out there and Poe and I'd be so happy with those two but edge rushers are basically gone. I'd love for it to go like this:

Poe
Okafor/Galette
Brown
Pryor
Sullivan

And if any room left:
Pugh

The Rams had like what 50 million in cap space taking Donald away couple other signings fair to say bring it down to 30 million minus 6 million for draft class. Those players should come in at under 24 million total (without Pugh) and Websters 3 million could possibly come off as well. Austins inevitable release and Websters possible release almost is enough for Brown alone. Also some of those contract could be one or two year contracts.

Thoughts????
Not interested in any non Ram UFA ER/OLB'ers. I do not think any of the non Ram UFA Edge Rushers are worth any consideration. I would bring veteran starter Conner Barwin back for 1 yr before going after any other ER/OLB'ers. I don't think Snead is interested either.If a good valued veteran UFA ISLB'er stops in with interest to be a Ram I would give him some consideration like Mychal Kendricks or a Jon Bostic.

If the Rams need a veteran NT resign Tyrunn Walker & draft a couple to go with Omarius Bryant.

On the OL......John Sullivan should be the next Ram re sign. It would be a smart move to sign a younger veteran starter @ OG/OC & get them in here a year before both starting OG's Saffold & Brown along with Havenstein hit free agency. Justin Pugh RT/LG/RG, Spencer Long OC/OG, Jack Mewhort RG/RT, Ryan Jensen or another starter will remove some of Kromer's future concerns.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not interested in any non Ram UFA ER/OLB'ers. I do not think any of the non Ram UFA Edge Rushers are worth any consideration. I would bring veteran starter Conner Barwin back for 1 yr before going after any other ER/OLB'ers. I don't think Snead is interested either.If a good valued veteran UFA ISLB'er stops in with interest to be a Ram I would give him some consideration like Mychal Kendricks or a Jon Bostic.

If the Rams need a veteran NT resign Tyrunn Walker & draft a couple to go with Omarius Bryant.

On the OL......John Sullivan should be the next Ram re sign. It would be a smart move to sign a younger veteran starter @ OG/OC & get them in here a year before both starting OG's Saffold & Brown along with Havenstein hit free agency. Justin Pugh RT/LG/RG, Spencer Long OC/OG, Jack Mewhort RG/RT, Ryan Jensen or another starter will remove some of Kromer's future concerns.

I agree with a lot of what you said but I do think this defense will not be as special as everyone thinks without some good additions via FA..... I would be really excited to land Pugh but as far as edge rushers Gallette's pressures last year were ridiculous and okafor I'd take a chance on because of his injury but he is still relatively young I believe at 27 Pryor would be only on the cheap as well to compete with Thomas and Reynolds but his frame speed and under Mcvey I think he would be sold and Poe would be a huge get based on if your line can dominate which those three would and he eats up the run it will put so much less pressure on your linebackers making a position we don't need to spend a lot on as wade Phillips has always done. I understand what your saying but without a run eating DT our linebackers which are worse right now will be even more exposed against the run.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree with a lot of what you said but I do think this defense will not be as special as everyone thinks without some good additions via FA..... I would be really excited to land Pugh but as far as edge rushers Gallette's pressures last year were ridiculous and okafor I'd take a chance on because of his injury but he is still relatively young I believe at 27 Pryor would be only on the cheap as well to compete with Thomas and Reynolds but his frame speed and under Mcvey I think he would be sold and Poe would be a huge get based on if your line can dominate which those three would and he eats up the run it will put so much less pressure on your linebackers making a position we don't need to spend a lot on as wade Phillips has always done. I understand what your saying but without a run eating DT our linebackers which are worse right now will be even more exposed against the run.
Appears that Pugh is headed to the Cards in the Desert.ER's stand to be highly overpriced for what they are.Can't afford to take that chance in the salary cap.Now Pryor may come at a moderate price don't know but I would not give him anything close to what he got in Washington. I have serious issues with paying out big $$$ for a NT like Poe stay away from that route please.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Appears that Pugh is headed to the Cards in the Desert.ER's stand to be highly overpriced for what they are.Can't afford to take that chance in the salary cap.Now Pryor may come at a moderate price don't know but I would not give him anything close to what he got in Washington. I have serious issues with paying out big $$$ for a NT like Poe stay away from that route please.

Well that's why this board is great we all have different views and opinions. I see they looking into Pryor now would be great if it worked out, hopefully some of my other wishes come true lol but I definately respect your point of views. Hate that the cardinals and niners keep signing people they just won't die.....Seattle right now just seems like it wants to die lol so I guess thats one positive.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams have plenty of time to fill roster spots. 2nd wave FA, Cap space cuts, Draft, Camp cuts. Doesn't look like any big name signings at this point Most Rams can expect is depth.

Long way to go before season starts. Rams roster far from set.