Can't solve a problem until you admit you have a problem!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Okay?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 232

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aloha Snackbar!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
They are slaughtering Christians and Jews all over the World, but President slickwad is too concerned with "homophobia".

Yeah. It's happening. Sam Kinison- "Say It! Say it!!!"

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Those people in Orlando were sitting ducks. Dems/libtards/Berry odumb use there phony passions for gun control as a political discussion to manipulate a ignorant voting block.Gun-free zones seemed appealing in concept but serve as a target for those bent on taking lives. "Gun Free Zone" = Soft target area...easy pickings..

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Those people in Orlando were sitting ducks. Dems/libtards/Berry odumb use there phony passions for gun control as a political discussion to manipulate a ignorant voting block.Gun-free zones seemed appealing in concept but serve as a target for those bent on taking lives. "Gun Free Zone" = Soft target area...easy pickings..

IMO a lot of blame has to go on the cops, they didn't do much for a few hours. Yes A FEW HOURS, while the shooter was inside firing away. They had an active shooter and treated it like a hostage situation, terrible training or terrible onsite leadership.

People were getting gunned down while they stood around outside the building doing nothing.

Many people died and got injured that didn't have to die or get injured because of that fact.

bluecoconuts

Legend
IMO a lot of blame has to go on the cops, they didn't do much for a few hours. Yes A FEW HOURS, while the shooter was inside firing away. They had an active shooter and treated it like a hostage situation, terrible training or terrible onsite leadership.

People were getting gunned down while they stood around outside the building doing nothing.

Many people died and got injured that didn't have to die or get injured because of that fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had cops inside within 15-20 minutes and he retreated into the bathroom where he had hostages with him. That's when he got on the phone and started pledging random terror groups (that all hate each other, funny enough), and they were pulling out people from other parts of the club while trying to breach the bathroom.

I don't know if he was shooting people while in the bathroom though.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

I love and respect the police. They are the "Thin Blue Line" and don't get enough respect, (especially within some communities).

But, just like teachers are not responsible for our kids being educated, (We parents need to keep on it, quiz our kids, and TEACH them) Daycare providers are not responsible for parenting and raising our kids. THE POLICE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR SAFETY.

:rant:But they sure draw a mean chalk outline!

Name
Adam
the gun free zone argument just makes me think of a bunch of effeminate men pulling compact pistols out of their clutch purses like

zPCRoe9.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I love and respect the police. They are the "Thin Blue Line" and don't get enough respect, (especially within some communities).

But, just like teachers are not responsible for our kids being educated, (We parents need to keep on it, quiz our kids, and TEACH them) Daycare providers are not responsible for parenting and raising our kids. THE POLICE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR SAFETY.

:rant:But they sure draw a mean chalk outline!

Then why is the term "protect and serve" repeated in every single police officers manual?

That one of the few reasons police forces exist.

And I belive it's the coroners that draw the outlines LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they had cops inside within 15-20 minutes and he retreated into the bathroom where he had hostages with him. That's when he got on the phone and started pledging random terror groups (that all hate each other, funny enough), and they were pulling out people from other parts of the club while trying to breach the bathroom.

I don't know if he was shooting people while in the bathroom though.

Well I've heard a couple of different things about the bathroom, so I'm waiting to hear when that is all settled.

The timeline I saw said the SWAT team didn't go in until 5 am, after breaking through a wall. There may have been a couple of officers inside, I do know he got into a brief gun battle with an off duty cop outside and that police arrived quickly. My issue is that the guys capable of ending it, the SWAT team, were standing down when this is what they train for.

The shooter stopped shooting a couple of times but was still an "active shooter" and history tells us guys that do this are planning on going out in a blaze of gunfire killing as many people as they can on the way out. They could have prevented death and injury.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well I've heard a couple of different things about the bathroom, so I'm waiting to hear when that is all settled.

The timeline I saw said the SWAT team didn't go in until 5 am, after breaking through a wall. There may have been a couple of officers inside, I do know he got into a brief gun battle with an off duty cop outside and that police arrived quickly. My issue is that the guys capable of ending it, the SWAT team, were standing down when this is what they train for.

The shooter stopped shooting a couple of times but was still an "active shooter" and history tells us guys that do this are planning on going out in a blaze of gunfire killing as many people as they can on the way out. They could have prevented death and injury.

I was talking to a coworker who's father is LA Country SWAT, he was talking to me about how they move very slowly through houses. The military version of clearing houses is very fast, overwhelming the enemy with violence, etc, but SWAT is totally different. When the military clears a house there's split seconds of having your back exposed without someone covering it as the point man goes in, and the second man goes the opposite way. SWAT however goes through a really slow weird thing with a man high, middle, and low, facing all ways. The way he described it was that it was like a flower blooming, and everywhere is covered. The reason behind that is that SWAT can't afford to lose anybody, where the military can.

Movies tend to show the military version, quick, but SWAT moves very slow. He said he was playing a hostage in one, and it took them 30 minutes to clear a small one bedroom apartment to get to him. So a club with multiple areas at night would make sense it would take them so long to clear everything except the bathroom, to ensure there wasn't more shooters.

Additionally I heard that some civilians may have been hit by police fire as well, but without more information it's hard to say.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Then why is the term "protect and serve" repeated in every single police officers manual?

That one of the few reasons police forces exist.

And I belive it's the coroners that draw the outlines LOL.

Of course, that is why they exist.

But they get there to respond. The first five minutes are critical. The putz in this case shot up the joint. If a few of the patrons had a weapon, dozens of lives could have been saved. If the IDEA, that guns could have been in the place existed, (In other words, NOT a "soft target",) the spineless putz may have thought twice, and chosen another path.

I'm not sure who holds the chalk, you get the point, though. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.