Can't seem to shake this feeling of resignation...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He coulda said Vikes and Dallas....:confused:.......but then I'd have had to blow some crap up. Of course....he would never ever ever say such a thing so we're safe.
Can't suggest that @RamFan503 enjoy the Vikes. Or any fan from the 70's.
That's like telling a Dodgers fan to enjoy watching the Giants.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't care much about the Vikings but I am fascinated by Wentz. He looked like the QB to draft this year. You could tell that he would be good just by talking to him, like talking to a NFL veteran.

Personally, I'm not thrilled about either team, but I find the "arc" of Bradford fascinating to follow and like you, I'm a potential fan of Wentz. ;)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Can't suggest that @RamFan503 enjoy the Vikes. Or any fan from the 70's.
That's like telling a Dodgers fan to enjoy watching the Giants.

It is....I just think there's a story here with Bradfords' ascension and the sudden emergence of Wentz. I doubt that anyone who's a true fan of any team can arbitrarily switch loyalties on a dime. At the same time, following another team due to circumstance i.e., availability, frustration, depression, etc., is quite another....I don't think I used the term (enjoy), it's simply a matter of alternatives v circumstances. :whistle:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with the OP, but would add that I AM disappointed with the defense.

You expect the offense to be bad - whatever hopes we had about our OL, they were not good last year and have shown to be a bit below average this year. We knew what we had in Keenum, even if we tried to convince ourselves that he was better.

But the defense. Ugh. We've had the points versus yards argument - which is indicative that our defense is not a great unit. There is no reason that we aren't the Vikings right now defensively - heck, I would guess that we have better overall personnel than they do on defense. They certainly don't have a player the caliber of Aaron Donald.

We chose to keep Mark Barron over McCleod or Jenkins - and I just think that was a mistake now looking back. Felt this way at the time too, but our secondary has no depth and - shocker - TruJo is hurt. What's the best ability in football again? I'll tell you - it's something Jenkins has and TruJo doesn't. And I'm not at all happy to be right in that feeling. TruJo might be a better player when he's on the field, but he's missed games in every single season.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Players that play hard on every play get hurt sometimes and the ones that take plays off sign somewhere else for big money.
The defense will be fine as soon as they get any kind of support from the offense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's even more frustrating because our WR's are actually playing better than they ever have under Fisher's tenure.
Because of the threat of Todd Gurley....these guys are facing one-on-one coverages most plays...and are easy to find....we should be MORE successful in passing...

But the defense. Ugh. We've had the points versus yards argument - which is indicative that our defense is not a great unit. There is no reason that we aren't the Vikings right now defensively - heck, I would guess that we have better overall personnel than they do on defense. They certainly don't have a player the caliber of Aaron Donald.
The defense had as many moving parts, if not more than the offense...I'm positive this unit is better than last year, but hasn't really hit it's stride...DE, MLB, SLB, Safety, Corner, and a couple major backups (Fairley, Roberson) are all new....Give Greg some time...In fact, watch how we adjust after the halves...Look how they play when rested...This defense is scary when healthy...
Barron was probably the best player on Defense last year not named Donald...JJ admitted taking plays off...I saw as much on that TD b4 the half versus SF...McLeod was a udfa, and easily replaced...although I hate developing a guy then losing him...The main problem in the secondary is the lack of experience, not talent...The second biggest problem is the lack of health among the D-Line...No rush, guys get exposed...

lockdnram21

Legend
I agree with the OP, but would add that I AM disappointed with the defense.

You expect the offense to be bad - whatever hopes we had about our OL, they were not good last year and have shown to be a bit below average this year. We knew what we had in Keenum, even if we tried to convince ourselves that he was better.

We chose to keep Mark Barron over McCleod or Jenkins - and I just think that was a mistake now looking back. Felt this way at the time too, but our secondary has no depth and - shocker - TruJo is hurt. What's the best ability in football again? I'll tell you - it's something Jenkins has and TruJo doesn't. And I'm not at all happy to be right in that feeling. TruJo might be a better player when he's on the field, but he's missed games in every single season.
Our defense want be any good until we get a lock down cb.. Tru isn't it. He played good last week but didn't have to cover a good wr....

lockdnram21

Legend
Because of the threat of Todd Gurley....these guys are facing one-on-one coverages most plays...and are easy to find....we should be MORE successful in passing...

The defense had as many moving parts, if not more than the offense...I'm positive this unit is better than last year, but hasn't really hit it's stride...DE, MLB, SLB, Safety, Corner, and a couple major backups (Fairley, Roberson) are all new....Give Greg some time...In fact, watch how we adjust after the halves...Look how they play when rested...This defense is scary when healthy...
Barron was probably the best player on Defense last year not named Donald...JJ admitted taking plays off...I saw as much on that TD b4 the half versus SF...McLeod was a udfa, and easily replaced...although I hate developing a guy then losing him...The main problem in the secondary is the lack of experience, not talent...The second biggest problem is the lack of health among the D-Line...No rush, guys get exposed...
I disagree were talented on line .... But just like people clamour for a #1 wr we need a #1 cb... Tru is good but not great... He's best as a #2.... his #s from last year do lie a little because of who he was covering most of the time

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's probably just me (usually is), but every time I read this thread title on the front page, this happens:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lX9-Gm1b5s

hNPms4X.png

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
Been saying the same thing a lot too. To be fair though, Fisher's only starting QB that ever played for us was Bradford. I'd like to see how he does once he has a viable starting QB.

yeah if only we had one on the roster...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I've cut back on my posting lately because nobody wants to be around a Mr Gloom and Doom. Including me.

Hope I'm wrong. I really do. But I'm just out of faith in Fisher these days.

Well @Rams43, you are the reason I joined ROD so you better shake yourself and get your ass posting again.

We have still have 11 games to go and in the blink of an eye the postseason and Superbowl will be history. Cherish everyday and every game left on the schedule in spite of Fisher.

Soon this season will be over and we will have another long grueling off season to sort out our emotions and thoughts about our Rams.

Please don't make me have to slap you out of this funk my friend ;)

tumblr_npfnloAaKf1qhub34o1_500.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've cut back on my posting lately because nobody wants to be around a Mr Gloom and Doom. Including me.

But I wanna get this off my chest in the hopes I might feel better.

So here goes...

Mr Mediocre remains as our HC and that will continue for the rest of the '16 season.

Keenum has managed 3 wins, each by 3 and 4 point margins when accompanied by terrific D and ST play. Otherwise, he's 0-2. This condition is not likely to improve.

Our #1 overall QB has yet to take an NFL snap. This is despite the success enjoyed by several other rookie QB's around the league AND Keenum's underwhelming performance so far. Let that soak in for a minute. We gave up 6 premium picks for Goff over 2 drafts and have yet to get a single snap as a return on investment through 5 games. Gulp...

What does that say about Fisher's judgement in picking his QB? Or about his staff's ability to develop his QB? Either way, it's kinda scary.

Our "elite" RB is struggling. At least he sure looked elite LAST year. Btw, anybody notice how many of Fisher's RB's have a good 1st year than a big drop off in their 2nd year? Look it up.

Don't know about you, but I sure expected bigger things from our OL this year. It's not as if they've been devastated with injuries, either. So, what gives?

Can we please utilize our TE's in this O a bit more? Kendricks can be a weapon, especially against stacked boxes. Is Higbee in witness protection? Boggles my mind how slowly he's developing. From "mini Gronk" in preseason to MIA once the season starts? C'mon...

Britt and Quick (to my great surprise, btw) have impressed, but is anybody happy with our $42 million Tavon as an O weapon? I'm not. Saw it coming, too. Fisher continues to try to force a square peg into a round hole with Tavon. Results speak for themselves, at least so far.

Is there any other team in the league that would continue to struggle facing 8-9 man boxes? Take what the D gives you, dammit! A steady dose of quick passes until either we're up by 21 points OR their D compensates. Geez...

No complaints with our D. Just frustration with the injuries to key starters.

ST's have been outstanding. Wouldn't trade our P or PK for anybody in the league. Coverages have been good, too. Fisher did get carried away with that fake punt, though. The final back-breaker, IMO.

Here's the thing that's really got me kinda down...

I'm afraid that nothing's gonna significantly improve this year. Offensive ineptitude seems to be baked into Fisher's DNA. Which means another year with some good to great talent will have been wasted.

Hope I'm wrong. I really do. But I'm just out of faith in Fisher these days.

Your feeling of resignation right about game 5 is due to having given up hope by the same game for the last decade. Things like that become engrained in us.