Can't seem to shake this feeling of resignation...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I went back and looked at their overall record since I've been a fan. In almost 48 seasons of being a RAMS fan (Start of '69 Season,) this is what their record has been:

Regular Season Wins-363 (17 seasons with 10+ Wins)
Regular Season Losses-348 (24 seasons with losing record)
Regular Season Ties-4
NFC West Regular Season Titles-13
Playoff Appearances-19 (Wins-16, Losses-15)
Super Bowl Appearances-3 (Wins-1, Losses-2)
Regular Season Winning Pct.-51%
Playoff Winning Pct.-50%
IF you go back the 67 Seasons I've been a Fan the Picture is Much, Much brighter!!(y):snicker::shades::cheers:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
We haven't had a winning season in 14 years, playoffs in 13 or a non losing season in 11.
Our coach has only had 6 winning seasons in 21 years as a coach
And we are 3-2 with an offense that ranks among the bottom is almost every category.
Its not Debbie Downer at all, its just Kool Aid dehydration....
To be fair....Jeff Fisher NFL record
170 wins 156 lost 521 avg
Jeff joined the Rams after spending 16 full seasons as head coach of the Tennessee Titans. In his tenure with Tennessee, he guided the Titans to six playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008), three division titles (2000, 2002, 2008), two AFC Championship games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl appearance (XXXIV). From 1999-2010, only three teams had more playoff berths (Indianapolis, Philadelphia and New England). In the 2000s, Fisher totaled 97 victories, the most successful decade in franchise history.

images
:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair....Jeff Fisher NFL record
170 wins 156 lost 521 avg
Jeff joined the Rams after spending 16 full seasons as head coach of the Tennessee Titans. In his tenure with Tennessee, he guided the Titans to six playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008), three division titles (2000, 2002, 2008), two AFC Championship games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl appearance (XXXIV). From 1999-2010, only three teams had more playoff berths (Indianapolis, Philadelphia and New England). In the 2000s, Fisher totaled 97 victories, the most successful decade in franchise history.
Yeah, I'm aware of the bio. Unfortunately the bulk of his big success was 15 years ago when he was enjoying 4 winning seasons in a 5 year span
I'm still hoping for a turnaround this year but can understand where many have doubt

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Playoff Appearances-19 (Wins-16, Losses-15)
Not to be a nit picker but ... isn't this 31 appearances?

The sentiment of the rest of your post is share by a great many of us. I have been a fan since 67 and aint no way I am pulling for anyone but my Rams. At times it may suck. But here I am. And though I may feel doom and gloom from time to time, I just don't see the point of being a constant harpy on a Rams forum - or for that matter constantly reading posts from those who are. I've always felt that is why I am here rather than the great many other sites.

So cheers to you my brother from Montana. I feel your pain.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we please utilize our TE's in this O a bit more? Kendricks can be a weapon, especially against stacked boxes. Is Higbee in witness protection? Boggles my mind how slowly he's developing. From "mini Gronk" in preseason to MIA once the season starts? C'mon...

Rookie Tight Ends rarely do much. It's one of the toughest positions to transition to in the pros. Higbee might make an impact this year. But it likely won't be until the second half of the year. The Rams tried to feature him in Week 1. He struggled mightily with it.

Britt and Quick (to my great surprise, btw) have impressed, but is anybody happy with our $42 million Tavon as an O weapon? I'm not. Saw it coming, too. Fisher continues to try to force a square peg into a round hole with Tavon. Results speak for themselves, at least so far.

Yes. Tavon looks like a completely different player this year. I don't know if it's the scheme or if he's progressed immensely with his routes. He's getting open, even against elite CBs like Peterson and Sherman. Tavon needs an accurate QB. He's a poor match for Keenum. I was very apprehensive about the contract we gave him. But he might live up to it once Goff is ready to go. Goff is the type of QB who can get him the ball.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think the plan with Goff was not to play this year tbh....
Austin is getting more involved on offense vertically....
I think they should go to Quick and Britt more... But problem with that is Case

I agree Tavon is coming along and actually running routes !!! Quick and Britt can be decent receivers but they need a strong arm QB to throw the ball downfield. Not many teams have 2 big receivers like this and we don't know how to use them, fades and jump balls should be happening a lot more but our squirt gun for an arm QB cant do that. I agree Goff was not taken to play this year and honestly I have to agree because our O line is not good enough to trust them to protect our most valuable asset.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Not to be a nit picker but ... isn't this 31 appearances?

The sentiment of the rest of your post is share by a great many of us. I have been a fan since 67 and aint no way I am pulling for anyone but my Rams. At times it may suck. But here I am. And though I may feel doom and gloom from time to time, I just don't see the point of being a constant harpy on a Rams forum - or for that matter constantly reading posts from those who are. I've always felt that is why I am here rather than the great many other sites.

So cheers to you my brother from Montana. I feel your pain.
I counted the number of years in the playoffs (@Dog beat me to it), which included some years where we played in multiple games. So you are correct too by counting all the games we played in the playoffs! :yess:

Ram Pat

Rookie
This year the D is much more inconsistent, won by + turnovers. Deep tampa 2 leaves past d line wide open. O-line is a group of clumsy big uns, cannot have time to pass downfield or run block. Gurley hit at avg .44yd...sad. The biggest thing I notice is Oline no 2nd level blocking, but opponent always has second level blocking..WTF. Goff will not have protection to excel. All that said and still a winning record & hope Qb shines

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Been saying the same thing a lot too. To be fair though, Fisher's only starting QB that ever played for us was Bradford. I'd like to see how he does once he has a viable starting QB.

What makes you think they have one?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yep, I feel the exact same way. I try to get excited about the team, but it always stays the same under Fisher and I'm tired of waiting for it to change for the better.
And now we are being force fed the Bears and the Chiefs in MO. I may have to give up football!

I recommend keeping an eye on the Vikes & Philly, both fun teams at present. :baghead:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hear you, OP.

I just have to imagine how good this team would be, with this defense, if the offense was somewhere in the middle of the pack in terms of points and yards. The Rams are 3-2 with an offense that's at the bottom of the barrel, what would they be if the offense was say, 17th in points and yards, or thereabouts?

It's even more frustrating because our WR's are actually playing better than they ever have under Fisher's tenure. The offensive line is frustrating because to a man, it seems like every one of them has regressed. That makes it look like a coaching/scheme problem. And the guy with the best arm on the team is riding the pine, while the head coach seems to be satisfied with a perennial backup taking all the snaps that matter. And once again, the Rams offense keeps them from turning the corner. I want to hope this changes, but after 4+ years of this, it's getting pretty tough.

Sigh.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I don't mind the doom and gloom. Especially after a frustrating loss, that's how a lot of us cope with it (myself included). I am an irritable prick during the games, even when we are winning. It's because of the simple fact that we've done this dance before... and we know how it feels to be close to victory only to have it slip thru our fingers.

Yet, here we are at the beginning of every season, hopeful that it's all going to be different and that THIS is going to be the year we turn it all around. Nothing wrong with feeling disenchanted or resigned... just as long as you don't let go of that small glimmer of hope that keeps us all coming back. It's a game... I have to remind myself sometimes. We love it and we love our team. We got to remember to stick it out together despite our quirks and ways of dealing with the losses/wins. That's what makes being a fan so fun.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn, you guys are rough.

I get it, I love the rams too and I want them to be the best team in the league with the best d, running back and QB. But in reality, we are still progressing.

If u can't see how well our offense move the ball through the air last game then u guys have blinders on because it was Case.

He made a mistake, sure, All QBs do, even the great ones, expecting someone to be flawless because you want Goff to start is too much. Case works his ass off and you guys need to give him a chance.

As for our team, I see a young team still trying to figure stuff out and I'm willing to wait til the end of the season to see how good this team is, not after five games. We live in the era of instant gratification, even though it's not realistic, you guys all forget these players are still kids and they are learning to play with men.

Cut them some slack and enjoy the progress this team is making because I am sure its going in the right direction.

Also, I still like Fish. I'm willing to give him the rest of the year to make judgement.

Go Rams!!!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I recommend keeping an eye on the Vikes & Philly, both fun teams at present. :baghead:
I don't care much about the Vikings but I am fascinated by Wentz. He looked like the QB to draft this year. You could tell that he would be good just by talking to him, like talking to a NFL veteran.