Can't even look to division record for optimism

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeybittick

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
I'm not afraid of bats, I think they're pretty cool. I think the only thing I was afraid of growing up was heights, used to paralyze me... That was why I volunteered for Airborne school, I figured there's no better way to get over your fear of heights than getting pushed out of a plane. :cool:

I admire your courage. I am terrified of heights, and a short time as a roofer did nothing to cure that fear, just made it worse :oops:

Man, I cannot imagine jumping out of a plane. What is that like?

bluecoconuts

Legend
joeybittick said:
bluecoconuts said:
I'm not afraid of bats, I think they're pretty cool. I think the only thing I was afraid of growing up was heights, used to paralyze me... That was why I volunteered for Airborne school, I figured there's no better way to get over your fear of heights than getting pushed out of a plane. :cool:

I admire your courage. I am terrified of heights, and a short time as a roofer did nothing to cure that fear, just made it worse :oops:

Man, I cannot imagine jumping out of a plane. What is that like?

It was actually easy. I was scared to death, but being in a big unit, I didn't want to be the guy who stood there shaking and refusing to jump during the school. We go up, you can't see anything, and then you follow the guy out and fall. The main chute opens up pretty fast without you having to do anything and then you just float to the ground.

The worst was the training tower that they raise you up and then drop you, because you have to watch yourself go up and can see the ground more.

After a few times of static jumps, it's just a lot of fun. Really after the first time it's a lot of fun. Eventually I was given the chance to conduct HALO (High Altitude Low Opening, basically a lot of free fall) jumps which was one of the coolest things. Those can be scary at night thought when you can't see the ground. Gotta go off the time and hope the math is correct.

Loved it though.