Can you win with an Alex Smith type QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
You can't sit there and say that with a straight face that Tony Romo isn't better than Dak Prescott, which is something Jerry Jones knows btw.. He see's them in practice everyday. Could you imagine what Tony Romo would have done behind that offensive line this year.

Tony Romo is one super bowl win away from being a HOFer.

I actually like Tony Romo a lot as a quarterback, player and person. The reason why the Cowboys are going to stick with Prescott over Romo it's because health and they're probably saving money because he's on his rookie contract.
Only time will tell who the better quarterback is but if he can't stay healthy all the talent in the world doesn't matter

Scirca

Rookie
I actually like Tony Romo a lot as a quarterback, player and person. The reason why the Cowboys are going to stick with Prescott over Romo it's because health and they're probably saving money because he's on his rookie contract.
Only time will tell who the better quarterback is butterfly I can't stay healthy all the talent in the world doesn't matter

He deserves a chance to prove it, 10 years he had to play behind a garage of an offensive line and suffer. He is considered the "blackcat" of the Cowboys right now. And I agree with you, player and person he is a special guy, with a great story. I'm asking you, do you think he should get a chance to prove it, at least compete for the starting position?

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
He deserves a chance to prove it, 10 years he had to play behind a garage of an offensive line and suffer. He is considered the "blackcat" of the Cowboys right now. And I agree with you, player and person he is a special guy, with a great story. I'm asking you, do you think he should get a chance to prove it, at least compete for the starting position?

Yes of course he should get a chance to prove it somewhere. it just probably won't be Dallas

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only time will tell who the better quarterback is but if he can't stay healthy all the talent in the world doesn't matter

It makes perfect sense for the Cowboys to stick with Prescott. He's young and healthy (as you pointed out). He's the future. But Romo is the better QB.

Hopefully, they cut him this offseason, so he can choose his next destination.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm asking you, do you think he should be at least able to compete for the starting role in Dallas?

Yes I don't see why not. I would be looking at all my options if I was a GM of the football team

Scirca

Rookie
Yes I don't see why not. I would be looking at all my options if I was a GM of the football team

That's all that I'm asking for. I know in my heart, he would slaughter Prescott in a QB competition.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
That's all that I'm asking for. I know in my heart, he would slaughter Prescott if they were to battle for the starting QB role.

With his bad back?

That's a rhetorical question.... I might as well apologize to CGI Ram for helping derail this thread. I'm out

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dallas doesn't have the cap space to keep Romo when they have another viable starting QB who is 24 years old. It doesn't make sense to have Romo and Prescott compete. Romo would win. He's a veteran Pro Bowl QB. Prescott is going into his second year. Dallas has the offensive talent for Prescott to continue to play well. Getting rid of Romo allows them some cap space (and possibly picks) to build up their defense.

Scirca

Rookie
Dallas doesn't have the cap space to keep Romo when they have another viable starting QB who is 24 years old. It doesn't make sense to have Romo and Prescott compete. Romo would win. He's a veteran Pro Bowl QB. Prescott is going into his second year. Dallas has the offensive talent for Prescott to continue to play well. Getting rid of Romo allows them some cap space (and possibly picks) to build up their defense.

They have a better chance at winning the Super-bowl with Tony Romo than with Prescott. If Tony Romo gets traded to the Chiefs, they become my instant Super-Bowl pick to win it all next season. No doubt in my mind.

P.S: I hope he changes his number from #9 to back to #17.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have a better chance at winning the Super-bowl with Tony Romo than with Prescott. If Tony Romo gets traded to the Chiefs, they become my instant Super-Bowl pick to win it all next season. No doubt in my mind.

P.S: I hope he changes his number from #9 to back to #17.

In the short-term, maybe. But they have a young core. They need to be thinking about more than the short-term.

You also appear to be overrating Romo some.

Scirca

Rookie
In the short-term, maybe. But they have a young core. They need to be thinking about more than the short-term.

You also appear to be overrating Romo some.

I don't give a damn what kind of core they have, he puts them in a best situation to win it all and Jerry Jones knows that.

bluecoconuts

Legend

gz0e1x.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, Peyton Manning was far worse than that last year, and they won. Plus, the Chiefs were very nearly in the AFCCG this year (game should have been tied at 18 with a few minutes to go), so I'll say yes.

But they didn't, so isn't the concrete answer "no"? I've changed my opinion on Smith, he isn't a below average QB like he was, but he is middle of the pack.

Matt Ryan is pretty close to Alex Smith...he's about to have problems this week.

Champ I will bite off your earlobe Tyson style if you say that again LOL. He may have problems this week, but he is not Smith. You should go wash your mouth out with bacon.

Smith is a tough one, he's like the girl in college that could looks great at night (even before drinks) and horrendous in the morning every time your with her.

Den, how does a woman look great before drinking, then lousy in the morning?

What the fuck were you doing to women when you were in college.

By the way. I read your posts so what college did you go to that week?

Poof!!! I'm gonna go do my nails now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they didn't, so isn't the concrete answer "no"? I've changed my opinion on Smith, he isn't a below average QB like he was, but he is middle of the pack.

I think the concrete answer is yes. Alex Smith is a better QB than 2015 Peyton Manning and anything the 2000 Ravens had.

But it's very difficult to win a Super Bowl with a guy like that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den, how does a woman look great before drinking, then lousy in the morning?

What the freak were you doing to women when you were in college.

By the way. I read your posts so what college did you go to that week?

1. Lighting
  2. Wearing them out
  3. University of Dayton, the only college I have posted about, but the memory is the 2nd thing to go Les.