Can WR Brian Quick finally tap into his potential?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
His body control is not good, his hands are average and he's not particularly physical going after the ball. Nice run blocker though. I wouldn't have brought him back, but another camp and preseason can't hurt i suppose.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I think the ship has sailed on him reaching his potential. Forget the Rams coaches championship belt posing in the draft room in 2012, he's not what they thought he was. Question should be whether he can be at all productive in 2016.

Guys like Mike Williams and Brandon Lloyd got themselves together a little bit after years of underachieving, it's not unheard of. Quick could turn out an 800 yard season if the stars align right, but I'm not sure it even matters if he does. He's much closer to the end of his Ram tenure then the start.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Apparently the coaching staff likes something about Quick otherwise he would already be gone. The new contract alone gives him a leg up on the rookies. He blocks well downfield has a big body and as evident by the hammering he took in the SF game he appears to be healthy. Even during his rehab he was working hard and I just don't think there are 6 guys on this team better than him.

I don't expect anyone in the 3rd WR slot or lower to get more than 500 yards and 5 or 6 TDs. There aren't going to be that many pass attempts per game.

fearsomefour

Legend
Apparently the coaching staff likes something about Quick otherwise he would already be gone. The new contract alone gives him a leg up on the rookies. He blocks well downfield has a big body and as evident by the hammering he took in the SF game he appears to be healthy. Even during his rehab he was working hard and I just don't think there are 6 guys on this team better than him.

I don't expect anyone in the 3rd WR slot or lower to get more than 500 yards and 5 or 6 TDs. There aren't going to be that many pass attempts per game.
If that is the roll of the 3rd WR in this offense and he accomplishes that (if it is to even be him) then....mission accomplished for this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
I will go against the grain and I say I still hold out some hope for him.

His body control is not good, his hands are average
I agree with Mojo here overall.

However, the physical potential is still there. Much like a Britt, lots of potential that never quite gets fulfilled. He may be nothing more than a guy who is a 10 year roster filler in the NFL.
But, since it is costing me nothing, I will hold out hope....
Quick 450+ yards and 5 TDs this year.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Eh, Quick is like Chaz Schilens: He's expected to breakout but doubtfully will. Whether or not he does it with us, I hope he at least meets with success.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's the thing with Quick.

Potential...

But Damn! This will be his 5th year!

He's been such a tease. Sigh...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Quick shouldn't even be in camp IMO.

Last year 31% catch percentage, 10 receptions the entire year for 102 yards.

If he was a free agent would you even bother to bring him in for a look?

I wouldn't.

We know what he is, and we know what Britt is..........time to move on from Quick as far as I'm concerned and Britt is your #4 guy, maybe #3 if he picks it up a notch.

Quick LOL..........even undrafted street free agents can do what Quick did last year. 13 fucking games and he BARELY broke 100 yards.

Ram65

Legend
His body control is not good, his hands are average and he's not particularly physical going after the ball. Nice run blocker though. I wouldn't have brought him back, but another camp and preseason can't hurt i suppose.

I agree with this. There was something off with his timing when jumping for the lob balls. He dropped that perfect pass in the end zone that SB couldn't have placed it any better. I do think for the most part the QB play has hindered him. Seemed like they just throw the ball up (short) and expect BQ to catch. In many cases they where catchable.

Your right about his blocking ability. He also is hard to bring down once he catches the ball. The Rams have to get him one on one and let him run. Hope they try some shorter passes with the longer ones this year. His back is against the wall this year but, I'm not sold on the rookies knocking him out. I get a feeling with better QB play Quick will show great improvement this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he was a free agent would you even bother to bring him in for a look?
Exactly!
Would anyone look thru his 4 years and see the 2 or 3 games he had where the light bulb allegedly went on? And consequently went off...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's the thing with Quick.

Potential...

But Damn! This will be his 5th year!

He's been such a tease. Sigh...

You what potential means in LesBaker's English?

Not worth a fuck yet.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
His body control is not good, his hands are average and he's not particularly physical going after the ball.

I agree with Mojo here overall.

I agree with this. There was something off with his timing when jumping for the lob balls. He dropped that perfect pass in the end zone that SB couldn't have placed it any better.

body control?
hands are average??
physical going after the BALL?!?!?!?!?!?!

fearsomefour

Legend
Those videos are meaningless.
Coming up with two plays....including one that displays neither great body control or hands....you know....slim pickins.
But hey, I like Quicks potential greatly. He has good size and speed, he will probably always be able to find a roster spot as long as he doesn't lose his speed.
Route running, the finer points of the game....if he can actually progress with those he may have something going.
I hope so.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I say let the young guys play get some experience and the necessary playing time needed to grow with Goff. Id rather see these young prospects get their first shot before Quick gets his fifth. Its not like Quick is an experienced vet who truly understands the nuances of the position and can pass that down to the young guys. Hell you could argue some of these younger guys are just as polished Quic, but younger and under contract longer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Right now the Rams receiving corps could include Alshon Jeffrey and Deandre Hopkins. That is a hard one to swallow. Plus they would have saved a traded pick too. Jeffrey, Hopkins, Britt makes a Damon good receiving for p s. Instead we are talking about Tavon and Quick. I could barf just thinking about it. I wanted Hopkins that year. Jeffrey being out of shape had me cooled off on him in the draft, but once I heard Quicks name I changed my mind in a hurry.

Quick sucks. He doesn't have a football mind. He is all projection and potential that has never been reached and even if he shows up in camp looking good, I am ready to move on from him.