Can We Sniff Out Which WR's The Rams Will Be Considering?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
potential doesn't mean anything without production.
It starts with the ability to get open...consistently. Too many guys look at guys that can catch.....and think they're the answer at wide out.....Only to discover, the guy can't get open in the pros....

Being open leads to production
If we kept only the productive players from the 2016 team, we would have an empty locker room
Exactly....

@jrry32
take your time...I'm sure he'll have more video out shortly....I'm not saying he isn't raw...I'm saying the guy has the skills necessary to compete at the pro level. If he can learn...watch out...The way he was catching the ball at the combine showed a guy that can compete with ANY wr....

Little grainy....but we should know who #19 is....and this was a couple of years ago.

two games

Texas S. again.....
Very hard to find a guy....from a losing team....

Zero

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It starts with the ability to get open...consistently. Too many guys look at guys that can catch.....and think they're the answer at wide out.....Only to discover, the guy can't get open in the pros....
Pharoh can do both.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not if you cant catch the football
Lol.
He cant catch the football? He caught 112 passes in 2 years in College.
Yes, he can certainly catch the football. Does he have drop issues? Of course that's why he was drafted in 7th round!
If he didn't have warts, he'd have been a higher pick.
As for the drops, most rookies have them. I'll take the guy who gets open and work on the drops over the guy who cant get open consistently every time. That's why we have an offensive staff, its their job to get him straight or he's gone. Cooper (who I am a huge fan of) had his issues with drops too. It happens. Rookie nerves. Especially when they sit all season and finally get their chance.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Exactly....

@jrry32
take your time...I'm sure he'll have more video out shortly....I'm not saying he isn't raw...I'm saying the guy has the skills necessary to compete at the pro level. If he can learn...watch out...The way he was catching the ball at the combine showed a guy that can compete with ANY wr....

Little grainy....but we should know who #19 is....and this was a couple of years ago.

two games

Texas S. again.....
Very hard to find a guy....from a losing team....

Personally I'm very High on Robert Davis NFL.com has him projected to go in the 6th round, LOL!! He's got:
* A 4.44 - 40
* He benched 19 times.
* He had a 41.0 Vert.
* He broad-Jumped 136.0
* And he had a 4.28 short-shuttle and a 11.48 long-shuttle
* At 6ft 3 / 219 he has perfect size.
* And he has the BEST SPARQ score of any WR at 141.5! THIS^ impresses me!! JMHO!

Zero

Pro Bowler
had 0 drops
and Thomas is a Quick clone.Wait and see.
So are you saying that Thomas was the best
rookie receiver for the rams last year?

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
had 0 drops
and Thomas is a Quick clone.Wait and see.
So are you saying that Thomas was the best
rookie receiver for the rams last year?
Cooper dropped a beauty pass from Goff in pre-season game 1. And I know he dropped more than that, despite what the analytics determine "catchable" balls are.
Did I say he was the best? Nope. What I DID say was that he has the highest ceiling.
I think its silly to say who was best with the limited opportunities they all received (they were all hurt at some point)
But ceiling wise? If Thomas got past the drops he would be special since he excels at the hardest part of the job, and that's getting open

Zero

Pro Bowler
Did I say he was the best? Nope. What I DID say was that he has the highest ceiling.
I think its silly to say who was best with the limited opportunities they all received (they were all hurt at some point)
That's what this whole thing is about.Champ say's he was the Best rams receiver last year.
If looked at the earlier posts you would see that I said alot of the same things about Thomas.
However the "drops" can be one of the hardest things to overcome.Especially when it was
a problem in college.He had a 10.2 drop rate in college,which is almost twice as bad as
Jared Cooks 2015 season with 5.3.Don't take the stats word for it .Turn on the college tapes.
they don't lie.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what this whole thing is about.Champ say's he was the Best rams receiver last year.
If looked at the earlier posts you would see that I said alot of the same things about Thomas.
However the "drops" can be one of the hardest things to overcome.Especially when it was
a problem in college.He had a 10.2 drop rate in college,which is almost twice as bad as
Jared Cooks 2015 season with 5.3.Don't take the stats word for it .Turn on the college tapes.
they don't lie.
I'm referring to the conversation I was having with you
I don't care about his drop rate in college, that's why he was available for us in the 7th round.
But he showed he could get open against NFL competition. Yep the drops were frustrating but now 'working with a pro coaching staff. If they can work on it, he'll be a stud. Brandon Marshall drops a lot of passes, so did Terrell Owens, but they got open a lot and produced.
I remember watching Victor Cruz as a rookie with the Giants. He dropped a lot too. But he figured it out and they had a steal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally I'm very High on Robert Davis NFL.com has him projected to go in the 6th round, LOL!! He's got:
* A 4.44 - 40
* He benched 19 times.
* He had a 41.0 Vert.
* He broad-Jumped 136.0
* And he had a 4.28 short-shuttle and a 11.48 long-shuttle
* At 6ft 3 / 219 he has perfect size.
* And he has the BEST SPARQ score of any WR at 141.5! THIS^ impresses me!! JMHO!

Dave, you're missing the most important information...is he good at football? ;)