Can we quit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad that Fish was Fish. He did stock the team with talent (mostly on D) and failed at the absolute best time... we got McVay

I see this McVay thing lasting for a long, long time.

i agree. whatever should or shouldn't have happened with fisher the rams are blessed with how it happened because they ended up with one of the next great coaches in the nfl. this guy is not failing and doesn't seem like the kind of coach players will get tired of after a few years.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With each succeeding victory... with each outstanding offensive performance, my resentment toward Jeff Fisher grows.

The man wasted at least two... maybe three years of my fandom... yeah, others did as well... but, my God, look what could have been if he only had some offensive acumen.

I said it for a few years... if the Rams could just get to middle of the pack, they'd be real contenders. Fisher couldn't get them out of the cellar in offensive output. If there were no free agent acquisitions... and a decent draft this year.. BUT if he had hired a real OC and real Oline coach, guarantee the Rams would have been in the playoffs the past 2 years.

Shame on him. Shame on his control freak personality flaw.
I was watching some sports talk show and they praised Fisher & the Rams for building a hell of a team for McVay, who is finally getting the true talent out of the players.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was watching some sports talk show and they praised Fisher & the Rams for building a hell of a team for McVay, who is finally getting the true talent out of the players.
Yes, he built a foundation - especially the defense.

But there was enough "true talent" on this team the past two, maybe three, years that they should have gotten into the playoffs.

Fisher severely underachieved. Period.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
With all these feedback a on Fisher, I do believe that a huge thank you is in order to him for having stayed Rams coach into last year.
If he is gone any earlier, there is no way at all that McVay is Rams head coach today.
McVay would never been hired as HC a year earlier.

Ecstatic that McVay is here so thanks Fisher for being replaced at the right time

Ram65

Legend
I stand by my statement that faking a punt from your own 30 in a tight game was damn Fisherish.
So, I shant good sir, I shant.

That was an appropriate reference.

Generally speaking I'm tired of Fisher rants and most comments at this point. I don't even want to think of him. It was what it was and now it's over. I actually said "the previous coach" in a recent thread and avoided his name. Things are so much better now with the entire Rams organization.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
With all these feedback a on Fisher, I do believe that a huge thank you is in order to him for having stayed Rams coach into last year.
If he is gone any earlier, there is no way at all that McVay is Rams head coach today.
McVay would never been hired as HC a year earlier.

Ecstatic that McVay is here so thanks Fisher for being replaced at the right time

Pretty sure it's coincidental that McVay was hired at such an impeccable time. Looking at this team historically, we're either very good consistently or very bad extensively. Hopefully we'll stay on the cream of the crop extensively under McBae.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You have to try and be as bad as he was. Maybe that's what really happened
things that make you go hmmm.
What motivation would he have had to deliberately tank the team?

I would find it outrageously unfeasible that the Rams had the whole tiing planned out (hold onto Fisher one more year, thinking McVay would become available. Way too far-fetched.

I think his staying was Kroneke saying "thanks for the move".

Can't (prefer not to) believe Kroenke wasn't aware that the team was under-achieving.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still make fun of Linehan, Spagnola, Brooks etc etc I don't think one year is going to end the Fisher bashing. I'm all for it just don't think I ends for 10+ years.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still make fun of Linehan, Spagnola, Brooks etc etc I don't think one year is going to end the Fisher bashing. I'm all for it just don't think I ends for 10+ years.
Trying to defend a prior losing coach is not a lot of fun.

All of them tried... made sacrifices...put in the long hours... spent tons of time away from their families... but, in the end, they were all losers.

And no one likes losers... no matter how hard they try.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pay back for the Rams beating him in the Super Bowl of course! Kind of a Count of Monte Cristo revenge move!! Haha

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

To each his own, I just walked away from all the angst over the past...If getting it off your chest is right for you then by all means it's the right thing...Just from my perspective, I'm tired of it and usually blow through it and don't read through it..This is my only and last comment about any of the past failures of this team or it's psst regime's...Ah, I feel better now...

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew

I would find it outrageously unfeasible that the Rams had the whole tiing planned out (hold onto Fisher one more year, thinking McVay would become available. Way too far-fetched.

I think his staying was Kroneke saying "thanks for the move".

Can't (prefer not to) believe Kroenke wasn't aware that the team was under-achieving.

You misunderstand me.
No conspiracy theory at all.
Just about timing.
Kroenke wanted Fisher to succeed and wanted to help with the move. Last year though it became clear that they had to move on from Fisher.
There was no way that McVay gets a HC job in 2016. Only one year as OC and still in his twenties. Just would not have happened.
If the Rams were hiring in 2016, I just can not see anyone better than McVay.

fearsomefour

Legend
That was an appropriate reference.

Generally speaking I'm tired of Fisher rants and most comments at this point. I don't even want to think of him. It was what it was and now it's over. I actually said "the previous coach" in a recent thread and avoided his name. Things are so much better now with the entire Rams organization.
Hard to argue with you....

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I don’t see anyone defending CJF...they’re just tired of the crybabies whining about him in post after post

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Jeff Fisher likely feels bad enough when he sees how suddenly successful we are this year. He doesn't need me piling on. I'm grateful for what we have now and I leave it at that.