Can we expect the Rams to hire an OC soon (Possibly this week?)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that Colts have been eliminated (Well, almost!) can we expect the Rams to speed up their OC interviews and get their new OC hired?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
nope. everyone should stop acting so crazy about this cus its gonna gonna be an internal hire

FRO

Legend
Who knows. We get zero reporting on the topic. I don't know if we have even interviewed anybody yet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
nope. everyone should stop acting so crazy about this cus its gonna gonna be an internal hire
Not saying you're wrong...but if so, why wait this long? Seems to me that they're waiting for someone to either become available...or for the other HCing dominoes to fall into place(so these OC candidates can make a decision).

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'd have to assume that Chudzinksi was the target from the beginning with the way they're waiting. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Not saying you're wrong...but if so, why wait this long? Seems to me that they're waiting for someone to either become available...or for the other HCing dominoes to fall into place(so these OC candidates can make a decision).
yep good call

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
orrrr,their in a bidding war with san fran for Lane Kiffin.

Ramathon

Agreed. I mean if our offense was good a promotion would be fine. After being ranked so low I don't see how we can promote from within.
I'm not sure I see how past team performance is indicative of a current position coach's ability to do the job. Perhaps Boras (or whoever) is the next big thing just waiting for an opportunity.

Personally, I'm just as leery of someone like Gase who's had the benefit of having a HOF QB essentially being the on field OC. Having great players and a lot of weapons can make a very avg coach look pretty darn good.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Well supposedly Atlanta will hire Quinn and hire Kyle Shanahan to be oc so that still leaves Chud, Gase, and Trestman out there. I would like to hope that the Rams will get one of those three.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not sure I see how past team performance is indicative of a current position coach's ability to do the job. Perhaps Boras (or whoever) is the next big thing just waiting for an opportunity.

Personally, I'm just as leery of someone like Gase who's had the benefit of having a HOF QB essentially being the on field OC. Having great players and a lot of weapons can make a very avg coach look pretty darn good.

Then why didn't they just give Boras the job already? I don't think they re looking at him as the next great thing, or there would be a race to wrap him up.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If they had decided on an internal hire, I agree they would have moved on with it by now. I suspect Chud has to be on the radar now that his season is over.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Bold prediction Mike Shan Sr will be announced as our OC by end of week

lockdnram21

Legend
Test man is going to oak
Gase to Jax or bal
Shanahan to falcons

It's either chud or in house

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bold prediction Mike Shan Sr will be announced as our OC by end of week

Could be. There would be no reason to call him in for an interview or get formal. I would be just like when Fisher hired Williams. They already know each other. Maybe Shanahan was waiting to see if he got any head coaching offers first.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Shanny Sr?? That would be interesting. I get the feeling its Chud.

Ramathon

Then why didn't they just give Boras the job already? I don't think they re looking at him as the next great thing, or there would be a race to wrap him up.

I don't know. And it may not be the case at all. But just because they haven't given the job to him yet, doesn't mean they won't. It might just be that they're taking their sweet arse time and exploring all the options.

And he may, or may not, be the next great thing. But few, if any , can have a sense of that unless they know the man. Unless given the opportunity, we never will know.

And I'm not arguing for him. I'm simply pointing that the general forum notion of "They must not like anyone already on the staff because they haven't given them the job already" is not necessarily a valid assumption.