Can the Rams pass on White and/or Cooper?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
My #3 WR is DGB - and he ain't far off of 1 and 2 - depending on how he does in interviews.
Right there with you. With him it's all about the interviews and the investigative work. He will probably need a redshirt year, but the long term reward is worth it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
No way you pass on White or Cooper if we stay at 10 to much talent to pass on. The WR'S we have, Quick coming back from injury was showing signs of being a nice NFL receiver before he got hurt but also was slowing in production once teams realized he could be productive and they started to adjust. Britt showed signs of regaining the form that caused people to jump on his bandwagon although he still is inconsistent and disappears for stretches. I like both Quick and Britt but would not pass on the top 2 this year. The group behind our top 2 still have a lot to prove, Givens is a bottom of the depth chart guy and Bailey is still inconsistent maybe with another TC and no distractions he can become the weapon we hoped he could

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious. How much of a difference (Dropoff) do you think there is between White & Cooper and Parker (And, are there any concerns about his early season injury?)? I still prefer White or Cooper but is Parker a definite consideration for the Rams at #10 if they are both gone?
I like Parker a whole lot. And where he's 3rd in a high quality group I think there's a bigger divide between 3rd and 4th best than there is between 2nd and 3rd

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like Parker a whole lot. And where he's 3rd in a high quality group I think there's a bigger divide between 3rd and 4th best than there is between 2nd and 3rd

Agree completely.
Cooper has the elite technique.
White has the physical tools of an absolute freak.
Parker however is a great blend between the two. I see a very good WR1 with him and I think in any other draft he is a sure-fire top 10 pick.

I think DGB is an awesome specimen.
But he isn't pro ready imo. I'm sure on some teams he could make an immediate impact, but not here.
Then there are the character issues.

With only 5 picks, I wouldn't use one on him... too much risk.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
With only 5 picks, I wouldn't use one on him... too much risk.

I woud if he fell to us in the 2nd, but I do not see that happening at all. He will be gone by mid-late 1st IMO. Would be great to have him learn behind Britt.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Would you take him at #10 if both White and Cooper have already been selected? I also like Parker and wonder what kind of season he would have had if not for his early injury.

T-Hawks

UDFA
The fact is we take Kevin White, Amari Cooper, or Devante Parker with pick #10. I am tired of not having a number one game changing receiver. These receivers are freaks and we can find offensive lineman later in the draft.
Kevin White- I like Kevin White because he is possessed with the ball in his hands and he won't go down at all and runs angry.
Amari Cooper- Cooper is a silky smooth route runner that reminds me of Torry Holt.
Devante Parker- Very fast reciever with great YAC and can track the ball in the air better than any receiver.

This is the year we get a number one reciever. Don't mess this us Snead.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would think that we clean up on top shelf OL because of how others are feasting on the depth of skill position, WR.

Except... the ONLY position that seems to be open is C based on Fisher's comments unless Barks leaves.

If Barks leaves, I think they'll try and plug Long at RT which puts is back to needing a ROG and C (although I still think we have our C on staff).

In that case... If one of the top WRs is gone, I'd absolutely go with one of the top OG prospects...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The fact is we take Kevin White, Amari Cooper, or Devante Parker with pick #10. I am tired of not having a number one game changing receiver. These receivers are freaks and we can find offensive lineman later in the draft.
Kevin White- I like Kevin White because he is possessed with the ball in his hands and he won't go down at all and runs angry.
Amari Cooper- Cooper is a silky smooth route runner that reminds me of Torry Holt.
Devante Parker- Very fast reciever with great YAC and can track the ball in the air better than any receiver.

This is the year we get a number one reciever. Don't mess this us Snead.

If they don't take at least two offensive linemen early (as in first and second round picks - and said offensive lineman can't be Scherff or Flowers) and one sleeper late (Jamil Douglas is my pick), I'm going to be extremely pissed. We've spent tons of resources on receivers, and this is a very, very deep draft for them. We've spent a high first, a high second, a third, a fourth, and a former first round free agent on receiver. We've spent five picks on offensive lineman in the entire Fisher regime, and only one of them was higher than a fourth round choice. Two of them were horrific busts (Rokevious Watkins and Mitchell van Dyk), one is injury-prone (Barrett Jones), and the last one - while very talented and will likely be a great backup - is still a small school pick (Demetrius Rhaney). I'm sick and tired of seeing our running backs stuffed, our quarterbacks massacred, our receivers not even having time to finish their routes, and all of the motherfucking three-and-outs because of our shit offensive line who has only had two good players on there ever since 2007 (Greg Robinson and Rodger Saffold).

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking shit offensive linemen on this motherfucking team! So everybody strap in; we're about to draft some fucking offensive linemen.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
If they don't take at least two offensive linemen early (as in first and second round picks - and said offensive lineman can't be Scherff or Flowers) and one sleeper late (Jamil Douglas is my pick), I'm going to be extremely pissed. We've spent tons of resources on receivers, and this is a very, very deep draft for them. We've spent a high first, a high second, a third, a fourth, and a former first round free agent on receiver. We've spent five picks on offensive lineman in the entire Fisher regime, and only one of them was higher than a fourth round choice. Two of them were horrific busts (Rokevious Watkins and Mitchell van Dyk), one is injury-prone (Barrett Jones), and the last one - while very talented and will likely be a great backup - is still a small school pick (Demetrius Rhaney). I'm sick and tired of seeing our running backs stuffed, our quarterbacks massacred, our receivers not even having time to finish their routes, and all of the motherfucking three-and-outs because of our crap offensive line who has only had two good players on there ever since 2007 (Greg Robinson and Rodger Saffold).

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking crap offensive linemen on this motherfucking team! So everybody strap in; we're about to draft some freaking offensive linemen.
Problem is that these olinemen arent all that great at the top, they all project as guards or right tackles. You cant reach because of need, best player available which in all likelihood will be one of these wrs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Problem is that these olinemen arent all that great at the top, they all project as guards or right tackles. You cant reach because of need, best player available which in all likelihood will be one of these wrs.

All of those wide receivers are likely gone. And it's not like we really need a left tackle; we still have Greg Robinson. I'd be fine with taking Peat with the tenth overall pick; he deserves that honor. And then I go with someone like Cann or Sambrailo in the second round.

I realize that you never reach because of need, but if you ever want to get to .500 - much less the playoffs, and less still the Super Bowl, and yet still less actually win the damn thing - you need more than two good linemen, one very overrated one, three shit veterans who were completely done, two injured centers, and a bunch of trash at the bottom of the depth chart.

You have no idea how goddamned sick I am of seeing us neglect this festering, rotting corpse of a problem ever since Pace left, and Timmerman and McCollum retired.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
All of those wide receivers are likely gone. And it's not like we really need a left tackle; we still have Greg Robinson. I'd be fine with taking Peat with the tenth overall pick; he deserves that honor. And then I go with someone like Cann or Sambrailo in the second round.

I realize that you never reach because of need, but if you ever want to get to .500 - much less the playoffs, and less still the Super Bowl, and yet still less actually win the damn thing - you need more than two good linemen, one very overrated one, three crap veterans who were completely done, two injured centers, and a bunch of trash at the bottom of the depth chart.

You have no idea how goddamned sick I am of seeing us neglect this festering, rotting corpse of a problem ever since Pace left, and Timmerman and McCollum retired.
I hear you on this oline needing help but can you really pass on a great probowl level player for just an ok one? Id rather draft a Tomlinson in the second than a Sherff in the first when they will basically the same player at guard. If there were great linemen available id have no hesitation but these linemen give me hesitation.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
There is solid value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for olineman. I don't see how you pass on either WR at 10. Personally I think Cooper will be the better pro and he would be my preference. I think we walk away on draft day with one of them assuming one of the QB's don't fall.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't think either is going to be at 10. I'll admit though, I didn't watch much of Cooper so I watched some highlights of him and just WOW!. He is a game changer. I wish we didn't have such OL issues. Someone is getting a hell of a player.