Can the Rams pass on White and/or Cooper?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I will readily admit that I have been on the let's draft OT Brandon Scherff bandwagon for quite awhile now but after today's combine results I just don't know IF Kevin White and/or Amari Cooper are available if the Rams can pass him up?! They both ran very, very good 40 times and it's not like they aren't good receivers (they both just are faster than I thought they were!)! Right now, I would prefer White but I would be very happy with Cooper as a "Consolation"! I hate to be so wishy washy but if White or Cooper are on the board (Which, I highly doubt!) I hope the Rams take him (Of course, that is assuming both Winston and Mariota have both been picked already!)!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
But if Scherff is available can they pass on him either??

I get what your saying though PaceRam - its a bit like last year with Donald - you take the player regardless of positional need if you think he's a true talent.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
??
beer.gif

I like K.White alot. Think he's the best in this class. I'm undecided if i'd draft him or try to to move down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If white, Parker or cooper were to be at 10 you'd have to take em just to make sure the 49ers don't get him

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not to burst your bubble, but I would be shocked if all 4 aren't gone by 6.

Winston, Mariota, White and Cooper. Gone. By. Six.

The other being Leonard Williams. The last will be a pick 'em depending on trades and a host of other factors...

But 5 of the 6 are pretty set even with trades... Or they should be. Bears and Falcons DESPERATELY need Defense and the Giants must take the top OT which means if anyone in the top 6 pulls a boner and lets somone drop...

INCLUDING LEONARD WILLIAMS!!!

The Rams would just have to take him.

Yeah, it would spell the end of Langford now and probably Brockers later, but if the guy is as special as they say, then a DT tandem of Donald and Williams isn't something you pass up.

But that's just not going to happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
White is gone by the #10 rolls around. Cooper might be there and there's no chance in hell that I pass on him.

Athos

Legend
White is gone by the #10 rolls around. Cooper might be there and there's no chance in hell that I pass on him.

I honestly think White is who the Raiders would love for Carr to be able to throw to. A real Red Zone target. A guy who can also stretch the field. Sure-handed. Tracks back to the QB. And you definitely want your WRs helping out a young QB. Maybe the highest WR ceiling, but some growth needed.

White would be great for the Raiders.

And I'd burst a hard-on for Cooper.

Though, if the Jets really wanna try Geno one last time, getting him a proven WR is an option as well. The Jets, as was proven when Decker went down for a time, have literally NOTHING after him. Harvin is a sunk cost imo. He won't amount to much in NY.

NY has a lack of playmakers and after failing to get Tavon Austin in 2013, you can bet they'll be drafting a WR imo. So I'm not sure Cooper, even barring trade ups, makes it to 10.

bojack34

UDFA
White will be gone but Cooper might be there. If Rams have a guy they really like this is the year to trade up imo, doesn't seem like a deep draft.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
White punched his ticket to go in the top 10 today - maybe top 5. I don't think we get a look in at #10.

lockdnram21

Legend
Unless Quick has setbacks and we don't resign Britt I don't see any way we draft receiver in first gotta fix this line and get a qb. Plus neither will make it pass 6. Only one we would be in contention for is Parker. Don't see it

Athos

Legend
If a legit WR is still there at #10 and we pass, all I can say is that whoever is trading with us.......better giving us quite the haul of picks.

A 2nd and 4th rounder at least. IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not to burst your bubble, but I would be shocked if all 4 aren't gone by 6.

Winston, Mariota, White and Cooper. Gone. By. Six.

The other being Leonard Williams. The last will be a pick 'em depending on trades and a host of other factors...

But 5 of the 6 are pretty set even with trades... Or they should be. Bears and Falcons DESPERATELY need Defense and the Giants must take the top OT which means if anyone in the top 6 pulls a boner and lets somone drop...

INCLUDING LEONARD WILLIAMS!!!

The Rams would just have to take him.

Yeah, it would spell the end of Langford now and probably Brockers later, but if the guy is as special as they say, then a DT tandem of Donald and Williams isn't something you pass up.

But that's just not going to happen.

If every one of the nine teams ahead of us decide to take acid at the same time and forget that Leonard Williams exists...then I'd take him in a heartbeat, plug him in at left defensive end to rotate with - and eventually replace - Chris Long. Then we'd have the best defensive line that ever existed. He's the only defensive player I would take in the top ten for the Rams. Not even close.

iced

I'm happy with Parker, White, or Cooper at #10.

I expect 2 QB's to be gone before then, as well as Leonard Williams, Gregory, Shane Ray, and Fowler.

I don't see any other teams other than Raiders and Jets as potential suitors - and I think we can end up with one of those 3, or do.

I think you can almost bank the Jags, Redskins, Falcons, and bears go Defense or O-line.. Titans are QB or Leonard Williams (probably Williams if they really love mettenberger).

Getting one of those 3 studs is verrrrryyyy realistic

FRO

Legend
I would be very happy with White or Cooper. We just have to fix that offensive line. I think the best way to improve the offense is to do what Dallas did with their line. That being said having Dez Bryant really helps.

Bottom line we need to really pile on the offensive talent. Gotta score more points.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If white, Parker or cooper were to be at 10 you'd have to take em just to make sure the 49ers don't get him

Just curious. How much of a difference (Dropoff) do you think there is between White & Cooper and Parker (And, are there any concerns about his early season injury?)? I still prefer White or Cooper but is Parker a definite consideration for the Rams at #10 if they are both gone?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
My #3 WR is DGB - and he ain't far off of 1 and 2 - depending on how he does in interviews.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My #3 WR is DGB - and he ain't far off of 1 and 2 - depending on how he does in interviews.

My top 2 are still White and Cooper but DGB, Parker and Jaelen Strong all seem like very quality WR's that could go really high in this Draft! I am guessing White & Cooper with be the top 2 WR's taken (But, who goes 1st is pretty much up for debate although right now I personally prefer White) while DGB, Parker and Strong seem to be competing for the 3-5 WR spots and I have no idea who will go in that order but I do think there will be 5 happy teams whoever drafts these players!

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I think that whatever Fisher & Snead envision our offensive philosophy will be, is what will determine which way we go.....maybe even help determine how they stack they're board. That being said I think we would be lucky to have any of these top 3 guys.

Go Rams........... ;)