Can the Rams overtake the Cards and win the NFCW?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Cardinals:

4-2 - The wins coming from teams that are now 7-17. The losses coming from teams that are now 6-6.

Rams:

2-3 - The wins coming from teams that are now 6-6. The losses coming from teams that are now 12-6.

I think it's fair to say the Rams have had the more difficult schedule and the Cards are great against bad teams but struggle against good ones, more so than the Rams.

The Cards have the Ravens and Browns next who are 3-9. For this discussion, it's pretty clear these are winnable games for them. Especially after we play the Browns.

That would make them 6-2 when they go into the bye. Next up for them are Hawks, Bengals, Niners, Rams. No way they don't lose 2 of those IMHO Bengals and Rams at home.

8-4

Vikings 3-2, Eagles 3-3, Packers 6-0, Hawks 2-4. I think they drop 2 more at least.

10-6.

Let's assume Rams lose to every winning team right now. For talking purposes, that's all:

Browns - W
Niners - W
Vikings - L
Bears - W
Ravens - W
Bengals - L
Cardinals - W*
Lions - W
Bucs - W
Hawks - W
Niners - W

11-5

Now, we all know that's not how it's going to go, but the Rams season may rest in beating the Cards in STL.

Two Clubs Tied (tie breaking within a division)
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

We need the games we should win and we need to beat the Cards again to take them decisively.

If the Rams compete for the NFCW, it could be a race to the finish. Then of course the Hawks could decide to join in. They are not the milktoast they have played like thus far. That Lions gimmie may loom large at the end. I wouldn't be shocked if they stay in this.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The part i like the most about looking forward is I think the Rams have the most upside potential. Just a little more from this offense with Gurley, Quick, and the o-line...it's not much.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Let's assume Rams lose to every winning team right now. For talking purposes, that's all:

Browns - W
Niners - W
Vikings - L
Bears - W
Ravens - W
Bengals - L
Cardinals - W*
Lions - W
Bucs - W
Hawks - W

10-6

We need the games we should win and we need to beat the Cards again to take them decisively.

Missing one game @niners

Win that 11-5

Rainram

Starter
FWIW you forgot our final game at San Fran.... Win?

You can really point to a lot of those being key games. Home vs. Arizona. @ Seattle and @ San Francisco to end the season could be the deciders. @ Minnesota...they could be in the Wildcard hunt.

But quite frankly...I just want to see us get it right this Sunday! Can we start with that?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW you forgot our final game at San Fran.... Win?

You can really point to a lot of those being key games. Home vs. Arizona. @ Seattle and @ San Francisco to end the season could be the deciders. @ Minnesota...they could be in the Wildcard hunt.

But quite frankly...I just want to see us get it right this Sunday! Can we start with that?

Of course, one game at a time, but when I was looking at the Cards schedule it dawned on me how easy it looks. I was just wondering how it compared to ours.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It's gonna' be tight no matter how it shakes out. And SF is going to play a spoiler role this year, guaranteed.

We will split with them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have one question right now: can they beat the Browns at home.

They drop this game it's gonna be armageddon for us. Don't think they will be able to come back from it this season.

Not saying it is must win, because I don't like that term. Not even saying we are in business if they win, since this team has so much to prove. But it is an enormous litmus test on whether this group can turn that corner or whether they are the same old Fisher Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we? Yes. But I'm not going to bet on it. I just want us to get to the playoffs, period. Go get those 10 wins and hope everything else falls into place. I'm tired of losing seasons and coulda woulda shoulda.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Of course, one game at a time, but when I was looking at the Cards schedule it dawned on me how easy it looks
Apparently you haven't been reading my posts for the last few weeks. Lol.
Not only is it easy, it looks nothing like a 2nd place finish, 11 win team schedule when you put it next to the 4th place finish, 6 win Rams of 2014. It looks to me like they gave AZ the Rams schedule and vice versa.
AZ gets all of the tougher, non divisional opponents at home, while the Rams' tougher non-divisional games are on the road. It's inexplicable to be honest...but maybe not in Goodell's NFL. Idk.

Rams non-divisional road opponents:
@ Washington
@ Green Bay
@ Minnesota
@ Baltimore
@ Cincinnati

Home:
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Chicago
Detroit
Tampa Bay

AZ non-divisional road opponents:
@ Chicago
@ Detroit
@ Pittsburgh
@ Cleveland
@ Philadelphia

Home:
New Orleans
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Minnesota
Green Bay

^ Huh? Again, Cards finished 11-5(2nd place wildcard) in 2014. Rams 4th place and 6-10
I guess the schedule makers figured they'd give us Tampa Bay and that would "even" it out. Lol.

Anyway fuck em. We got this.

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold
Arizona's defense is not the same without Darnell Dockett. They are lacking attitude. Even though their road schedule looks easy I don't think they will win all of those games.

In their loss at Pittsburg last week they didn't score a TD in the last 3 quarters and Arizona made Landry Jones look good against their defense.

I can see them losing 2 more road games and 2 more home games. That puts them at 10-6 and well within reach. The Rams need to have the better divisional record. Those games are huge.