Can the Rams make the playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think at this point there's no reason to think they can't!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Defense + Run Game routinely gets teams not just into the playoffs but deep into the playoffs. So yes.

And if Goff has a good rookie season and improves week to week along with one or two of these young receivers to help balance the offense? Watch the F out.

This is gonna be our year. Playoffs + IMO. Doubters and those who are busy gnashing their teeth about every little concern can suck it. "Bartender! Another big ass glass of Kool-Aid NOW!"

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The only reason why they might not make the playoffs is because of all the rookies on offense(Goff, Cooper, Thomas, one or two UDFA's). If they grow quickly, they have a chance. I see 8-10 wins this year if they learn quickly. Which could possibly lead to a wild card spot. 8-8 is a good floor for this team this year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we go something like 4-2 in division and 7-3 non-division, sure. Hell yes. It's not a stretch either...except for that non-divisional stuff. That's been a real problem. Also losing to inferior teams after big wins. That's been a problem too. If Fisher can get that fixed i feel real good about making the playoffs...but if that trend continues this season i think i'll be looking/hoping for a new HC.

The talent has been here and the QB fiasco looks to be remedied now. It's no longer a personnel/roster problem IMO. Get it done Fisher. Your team needs to be prepared and ready to kick ass EVERY Sunday...not just vs AZ, SF and SEA.

jap

Legend
6-0 within our division would be so great. Those early three games against the '9ers, 'Hawks, and Cards in Games One, Two, and Four may be the toughest as the Rams attempt to establish an early offensive groove against proven defenses. (We are at Tampa Bay for Game Three.) Jerad (or Case) will have to be primed & ready for the increased speed, violence, and savvy-ness of NFL caliber defenses. Our defense will have to show up from Game One and hang tough while our offense works to shed their training wheels.

Still, we first need to dominate our division and then conquer the rest of the NFL world. Jerad needs to establish some bread & butter passes with a few key receivers early on that he can rely on until the offense gels. I really want to see GRob finally morph completely into Gregzilla so Jerad/Case never has to worry about their blind side. He has that 'Lando Pace-esque athleticism but must complete merging masterful techniques with that ability to dance on the edges.

With Case we can stretch the field horizontally with our Thunder & Lightning dynamic duo and occasionally vertically with Kenny. With Jerad the vertical stretching should become much more consistent, which will eventually place extreme pressure on defenses to contain Todd w/o hanging their secondary out to dry with mere one-on-one coverages against our fly guys. Jerad has to refine his accuracy against tighter, smaller NFL passing windows. Play action passing should be a great boon to buying extra seconds to pass when the Gurley Express! is steadily rumbling down the tracks. When our young receivers begin to mature their games around mid-season, we will start seeing the O start to come into its own.

We could have had something like this earlier if Sam the ex-Ram could have preserved his health in 2013-2014. Nevertheless, I strongly suspect that Jerad will prove to be much better for the Horns than Sam would have been.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
50/50 right now. Can Goff develop and grasp the Offense well enough to put an extra 4.5 ppg on the board every week? Can the defense play as well or even a little bit better than they did last year? Who knows. On paper it looks like they could make it. Seattle doesn't look any stronger. Will San Francisco play better under Kelly? The Cards will be the biggest obstacle.........them and the schedule obviously.

My expectations are not quite as high as some here. I am keeping my eyes on 2017 and beyond. They may get 9 wins this season and that would be a big improvement but a full year under Goff's belt will put them over the hump after this season.

HellRam

Starter
I'm in the 8 to 10 win camp. We should be improved from last year... our offense was atrocious last season. I'm hoping for playoffs, I think its possible but with Goff being a rookie and the team still being so young playoffs still might be slightly out of reach. I'd consider a 9 - 7 season as being a very successful one.

Playoffs next year should be the expectation no doubt.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think the playoffs this year would be a very pleasant surprise for me, but a surprise none the less...I think Goff's 1st year might be a bit of a learning experience...Having said that, if Gurley really explodes then the chances obviously get better...I just a little leery right now...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wishfull thinking. Rams are still the youngest team in the NFL. Too many rookies, 2nd and 3rd year players. Give them a couple of more years of playing together and they will be playoff caliber.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This team has a lot to overcome in year 1 of Los Angeles football.
Rookie QB, New defensive players, new offensive scheme, INJURIES, tough schedule.

http://www.therams.com/schedule/schedule.html

I think playoffs is a realistic goal as long they stay healthy and show up every week to fight. PLEASE no more flopping in winnable games, no more beating Seattle and then getting blown out by Washington the next week.

This team reaching the playoffs in LA would catapult them into popularity and show the rest of the world the talent we know exists on this team.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not this year IMO. Way too many tough obstacles including 32k travel miles to deal with. Next season... and the 12 or so following it.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
On the one hand, I can see a 10-6 season.

But on the other, I'm not at all sure that that will be good enough even for a wild card spot.

Another 4-2 record in our division would sure be helpful, huh?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we go something like 4-2 in division and 7-3 non-division, sure. Hell yes. It's not a stretch either...except for that non-divisional stuff. That's been a real problem. Also losing to inferior teams after big wins. That's been a problem too. If Fisher can get that fixed i feel real good about making the playoffs...but if that trend continues this season i think i'll be looking/hoping for a new HC.

The talent has been here and the QB fiasco looks to be remedied now. It's no longer a personnel/roster problem IMO. Get it done Fisher. Your team needs to be prepared and ready to kick ass EVERY Sunday...not just vs AZ, SF and SEA.
" Well said Mojo!! I completely agree!(y)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Only with a little help from the commissioner and the refs

roger-goodell-300x235.jpg

ae3d156464136d9fe6060eae60ee037e.jpg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Expectations are that we will be similar to last year - 8 wins would be a success given all the adversity to overcome this year.