Can Stedman Bailey get off the LOS?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
I CAN"T AGREE MORE! And that's why I used all caps.

Bailey has a truly special ability, but his one special ability, his others are good, in catching the ball in traffic. That is why I liked him so much. That is why he will be a red zone threat. I don't know how much he will play, nobody does. But in terms of type of receiver, he is more Bruce/Gibson than Holt/Flipper. He's not as smooth as Bruce, but he is probably as fast, and he's better at plucking the ball, which is what Gibson was good at, but Bailey is a lot faster than Gibby.

Bailey had 25 TD's last year, 25, and averaged over 15 ypc over his career, almost 18 ypc as a junior. Pretty gaudy numbers, but you can see why when you watch him play.

I am not saying he will be our best, or #1 receiver, but I will stand by my claim that he will be the most versatile WR on our roster.

Yeah Doc - I'm not discounting Bailey at all in that. I couldn't even believe we got him where we did. I just think in the NFL and especially in his rookie year, he will be used more between the 20s than inside the 20. I think when you get to the NFL level of competition, he's a bit of a tweener. Not wicked fast and quick like Tavon and not tall enough to be a viable fade or over the top option. He's a very good route runner - or so it seems - so he could be that cross the middle TD threat. I just don't see it happening much THIS year and he has ... I'm giddy to say... competition for Red Zone snaps like I haven't seen on our team in maybe EVER. That is of course if these players are what I think and hope they'll be.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:

Bailey has a truly special ability, but his one special ability, his others are good, in catching the ball in traffic. That is why I liked him so much. That is why he will be a red zone threat. I don't know how much he will play, nobody does. But in terms of type of receiver, he is more Bruce/Gibson than Holt/Flipper. He's not as smooth as Bruce, but he is probably as fast, and he's better at plucking the ball, which is what Gibson was good at, but Bailey is a lot faster than Gibby.

Bailey had 25 TD's last year, 25, and averaged over 15 ypc over his career, almost 18 ypc as a junior. Pretty gaudy numbers, but you can see why when you watch him play.

I am not saying he will be our best, or #1 receiver, but I will stand by my claim that he will be the most versatile WR on our roster.

Yeah Doc - I'm not discounting Bailey at all in that. I couldn't even believe we got him where we did. I just think in the NFL and especially in his rookie year, he will be used more between the 20s than inside the 20. I think when you get to the NFL level of competition, he's a bit of a tweener. Not wicked fast and quick like Tavon and not tall enough to be a viable fade or over the top option. He's a very good route runner - or so it seems - so he could be that cross the middle TD threat. I just don't see it happening much THIS year and he has ... I'm giddy to say... competition for Red Zone snaps like I haven't seen on our team in maybe EVER. That is of course if these players are what I think and hope they'll be.
Yeah, I see what you are saying, and to be clear, I wasn't really commenting on this year, but what he WILL BE if he makes it.

Side note: I think we should all retire and move to Montana, BBQ fresh meat every day, and set up some HD projectors for Saturday and Sunday's especially, and party our asses off and watch this team return to a perennial powerhouse, contending every year in the house that Fisher and Snead are building.

Ramsondemand cult, if you will...

Who is in?

A55VA6

Legend
Watch Stedman play in the Oklahoma game and all his other games in 2012. He goes up against some of the best CB's in college football and wins. The way he catches the ball is fantastic. This kid can run beautiful routes and has great hands. That's the recipe for a great NFL player. Don't be surprised if Bailey is out future #1 even though he doesn't have all the size.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
A55VA6 said:
Watch Stedman play in the Oklahoma game and all his other games in 2012. He goes up against some of the best CB's in college football and wins. The way he catches the ball is fantastic. This kid can run beautiful routes and has great hands. That's the recipe for a great NFL player. Don't be surprised if Bailey is out future #1 even though he doesn't have all the size.

Agreed. Measurables are great and all, but I will take a tweener who runs crisp routes any day . Stedman will give DB's "separation anxiety", and we will love every minute of it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
A55VA6 said:

Agreed. Measurables are great and all, but I will take a tweener who runs crisp routes any day . Stedman will give DB's "separation anxiety", and we will love every minute of it.
Bailey's all of 1 inch shorter than Amendola, but he's a bit bigger, and a bit stronger. I don't think we have to worry about passes being very far out of his range either with Bradford throwing to him. Those two (Bradford/Amendola) didn't have much trouble hooking up in the past, and by all accounts, Bailey is a more polished receiver.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Amedola is a thing of the past to me anyway. I would not be shocked he is hurt by week 4.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:

Yeah, I see what you are saying, and to be clear, I wasn't really commenting on this year, but what he WILL BE if he makes it.

Side note: I think we should all retire and move to Montana, BBQ fresh meat every day, and set up some HD projectors for Saturday and Sunday's especially, and party our asses off and watch this team return to a perennial powerhouse, contending every year in the house that Fisher and Snead are building.

Ramsondemand cult, if you will...

Who is in?

Sounds like a plan to me.