Can Snead negotiate a trade, or what?...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I dont think teams are reluctant to trade with Snead. Nobody has traded more than Bill Belichick and everyone hates him. BB has already made two in season trades already. If a GM thinks he is making his team better they will make the trade. I think most are too arrogant anyway to think anyone is smarter than they are, they almost have to have that attitude.

iced

He's done great imo. It just wouldn't be as good with GM's that proceeded him.

I'd also include the trading down to get Brockers and the 45th pick. I recall a lot wanting to trade the 6th pick to 4th or 5th to get Blackmon. In retrospect, we'd be calling for his head had he done so. Not only was DT a huge need at the time, but, with Blackmon, well, we all know how that's turned out. If we had held onto pick 45 and got Wagner, it would have hugely amplified the one-sided gulf of the trade with the Redskins.

I can't agree with this - tons of us wanted Blackmon who is clearly talented,and there's no way to predict whether he'd be a star here or out of the league. Given Fisher's penchant for coaching "trouble makers", I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Fisher has proven his model when it comes to players that had character knocks coming out - Givens, Ogletree, Jenkins, just to name a few. A lot of this goes unnoticed now because their heads are in football, and not up their asses

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
How it worked was, it was an open auction. The Browns and Redskins (and anyone else who wanted to play) simply had to submit their best offer. If you remember, Cleveland dicked around with their bid and then wanted to come back and up the anty. But by then it was too late.

I could be wrong but I remember Les setting the bar at 3 1st rounders, which hadn't been done before or since.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The RG3 trade took a lot of luck on our part though. Any other team and RG3 is probably a pro bowler right now.

Shanahan babying him then Gruden subsequently pounding him in the ground while Snyder watched on like the blithering idiot he is truly made it the big win it is today.

Not to say it wasn't a good trade on our part, but I imagine most teams make that trade and it's a wash.

But then again Snyder's inability to run a team is noteworthy. Maybe Snead knew he'd ram RG3 into the dirt?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Trades: A. If you give Snead anything less you are not being objective. I was laughing today listening to some Eagles analysis where they were killin Kelly over the trade of Foles because he took on Sam's contract alone, not to mention giving us a quality starting QB in return PLUS THEIR SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICK. Can you say fleeced? That trade alone was genius man.

Drafts: A. This roster is stacked with talent thanks to the scouting dept that was rebuilt by Snead. These drafts seem to get better year to year and while you can complain that some of their picks are long on talent but short on readiness to play the fact is they haven't whiffed much. Yes they go after talent over all else, but you know what? Tavon sure looks like he was worth the wait now eh? I mean last year folks were calling him a bust.

Intangibles: A. Snead reportedly doesn't have final approval, but the dude has stood by Fish's side and provided top-notch support.

I'll tell you guys this with 100 percent certainty: the Rams have one of football's best organizations right now. Snead is a big part of the reason for that. But you also have Demoff who is probably one of the best cap guys and overall team presidents in the league. And an owner who in spite of his maligned goals to move the team to LA has put it all together. All Fish has to do is get those Ws and this team into the playoffs, and at that point everyone will be talking and writing about it.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
The RG3 trade took a lot of luck on our part though. Any other team and RG3 is probably a pro bowler right now.
Gotta disagree. If the reports of him refusing to watch his own bad plays are true the only thing he was destined for is what he's doing right now, sitting on the bench. Raw talent is only going to get you so far in this league.

I have to give our front office two thumbs up.

Look at it like this - what other team have you EVER heard of that hasn't had a winning record in who knows how long but is still consistently one of the most feared teams in the league:pillowfight:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Gotta disagree. If the reports of him refusing to watch his own bad plays are true the only thing he was destined for is what he's doing right now, sitting on the bench. Raw talent is only going to get you so far in this league.
Though I have to wonder, how much of that was RG3 and how much of that was him being pampered and spoiled by Shanahan to the point where he thought he was a god.

Supposedly he was a humble guy back at Baylor, unlike others who were jackholes their entire career.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

Shanahan babying him then Gruden subsequently pounding him in the ground while Snyder watched on like the blithering idiot he is truly made it the big win it is today.

Not to say it wasn't a good trade on our part, but I imagine most teams make that trade and it's a wash.

But then again Snyder's inability to run a team is noteworthy. Maybe Snead knew he'd ram RG3 into the dirt?
There is just no way that Snead has any interest in the team failing with the draft choice they selected, other than that their failure implied that the next draft picks obtained would be that much higher.

Only in the fans minds is it, "who got the better of this deal". I sure hope the other guy fails so that I look like the winner. Instead it's simply all about did I get what I needed out of this deal?

In our case, I'd have to say that's a heck yeah. It was the cornerstone of our rebuild.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Most teams would have benched him earlier.

He's a flop, and there is NO other way to say it.........

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only in the fans minds is it, "who got the better of this deal". I sure hope the other guy fails so that I look like the winner. Instead it's simply all about did I get what I needed out of this deal?

Not so sure about that brother. Fish's little trolling session last year in Washington at the coin flip says otherwise. I think these guys get a little thrill one-upping another, they're human after all...

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Always an "opposite" (seems like a lifer with that attitude) on ROD or whatever other Rams sites out there. Just the way of the world, nothing is ever good enough and nitpicking is easier. Enjoy the good times when it comes to fruition.

Things I know, I know... we've just seen the beginning finally unfolding. Again, enjoy what will come about.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Snead has done a fine job drafting here, and i think we also have to realize that like any other job you get better at it as time goes on. IMO he's drafted better and better since that first 2012 draft.
Another thing to consider when throwing stones at your favorite teams GM...is to take the time and look closely at what other GM's around the league have done in terms of their entire draft year by year. You can't single out players the Rams missed on and praise other GM's because they took that one player. Many times those other GM's drafted duds all over the place. I've looked at it.

Bottom line for me is that i like Sneads aggressive nature, he's drafted some very good players, unearthed UDFA's, and i believe as he and his scouting crew gains more experience in THIS Rams system the players drafted and brought in will have even more success here.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Not so sure about that brother. Fish's little trolling session last year in Washington at the coin flip says otherwise. I think these guys get a little thrill one-upping another, they're human after all...

He sure did get some payback for that this year didn't he? That was a coach leading by poor example.

Big Willie

Starter
I think he has done a great job in the trades he has made. In addition to the first round trades, getting something for Stacy and Givens is a positive. So far, the drafts have above average, But they seem to get projects rather than immediate impact contributors, particularly at WR. Donald, Ogletree, Brockers, McDonald, Jenkins, and Gurley all look like potential pro bowlers, and Johnson, Gaines, Brown, Mason and Austin appear to be solid contributors. The verdict is still out on Robinson, Quick and Havenstein. With three picks in the first two rounds next year I am expecting a player at LB, FS, OL, WR, CB or DL that will make an immediate impact.

walt189

UDFA
Name
Walt
Though I have to wonder, how much of that was RG3 and how much of that was him being pampered and spoiled by Shanahan to the point where he thought he was a god.

Supposedly he was a humble guy back at Baylor, unlike others who were jackholes their entire career.

I'm not so sure it was Shanahan that was pampering and spoiling him. I wonder if Shanahan instituted a Baylor-esque offense that first year because that was his best shot to make Danny's newest shiniest toy look worth the cost. Endorsements and TV ads before taking his first snap as an NFL player? That sort of treatment would go to almost anyone's head.