Can Sam make it back for camp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not sure what it will take a professional athlete these days but I wonder if this will be a problem into August or September next year?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be. He may not play the first two preseason games, but I don't think his knee will hamper him in August or September.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If he has a nice clean surgery, no major set backs and he works hard at rehab absolutely. A QB doesn't need the lateral movement as much as a RB or WR.

What's weird is Fisher said he was wearing a protective brace on his knee so it was shocking it still popped.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it was a lateral movement that caused the problem more like the impact as if he stuck in the ground hard and it blew up. Kind of like when Clayton was injured a few years ago

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think it was a lateral movement that caused the problem more like the impact as if he stuck in the ground hard and it blew up. Kind of like when Clayton was injured a few years ago
I thought Clayton said he was kicked in the patella.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought Clayton said he was kicked in the patella.
Could be but I remember him getting tripped up and going down on the knee hard, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw Bradford go down. I was certain it was ugly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I expect Sam full-go come camp time.

Does he play early in the PS? I dunno. But; he'll be our starter week 1.

I just don't want to see the Rams play it like RG3 / Shannahan did. That was poorly managed.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Fisher is too smart for that, if Sam isn't ready he wont play him, simple as that.

I don't see any reason why he wont be ready though.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I expect Sam full-go come camp time.

Does he play early in the PS? I dunno. But; he'll be our starter week 1.

I just don't want to see the Rams play it like RG3 / Shannahan did. That was poorly managed.

Poorly managed, and also a much worse injury to a guy that relies on his legs for most of his game. He also got hurt in the playoffs, Sam has a 10 week headstart on getting ready for the season opener.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Poorly managed, and also a much worse injury to a guy that relies on his legs for most of his game. He also got hurt in the playoffs, Sam has a 10 week headstart on getting ready for the season opener.

This.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think he'll be back. 9 months takes us to late July. He might sit the first few pre-season games but he'll be back for week 1 I think.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yes and I disagree with the holding RG out was a mistake.
That knee is just these last two weeks "ready", whether Fisher is "smarter" than Shanahan? dunno, I do know about when RG WAS READY he's in the best position to know.
It was NOT a lack of preseason playing time that limited Griffins perfoance, the knee was just not ready regardless WHAT the talking heads say, I go with the judgement of the guy whose job is on the line

iced

Yes and I disagree with the holding RG out was a mistake.
That knee is just these last two weeks "ready", whether Fisher is "smarter" than Shanahan? dunno, I do know about when RG WAS READY he's in the best position to know.
It was NOT a lack of preseason playing time that limited Griffins perfoance, the knee was just not ready regardless WHAT the talking heads say, I go with the judgement of the guy whose job is on the line

That was also RG3's plant knee wasn't it?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah it was , this is Sams left (exposed knee) so he might be a lil gun shy but it still shouldn't be as long before he can start throwing .