Can Rams win with Hill?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Hill the missing piece to having a winning season?

• Total voters

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
If he can read the blitz, not take sacks and keep turnovers down, he can keep the Rams in games. I didn't see the Rams winning another game with Davis at QB. My biggest concern was the rest of the team quitting if Fisher DIDN'T make a change. I was glad to see Fisher give Davis some games to see what we had in him. Now see if Hill is worth keeping around as a #2 next year. Give him at least 4 games to see what he can do.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It increases our chances since Hill has a better touch with the deep ball. Now it's just a matter of Schotty not calling a Schitty gameplan like leaning on throwing the fucking ball too much. We gotta keep the offense balanced and sustain long drives that will keep our defense well rested while Manning off the field if we want to stand a chance against the Broncos.

Athos

Legend
With the D finally clicking we can win a lot of games now that the turnover machine is out.

Debatable. Hill has turned the ball over a fair bit in his career as well. He just simply had more continuity on offense to get TDs to 'mostly' outweigh them. And winning a lot of games is debatable when we play DEN, SD, ForeSkins, and Hags in Hagsville.

ram007

Starter
Debatable. Hill has turned the ball over a fair bit in his career as well. He just simply had more continuity on offense to get TDs to 'mostly' outweigh them. And winning a lot of games is debatable when we play DEN, SD, ForeSkins, and Hags in Hagsville.
We win against SD, Arz, Washington, Gaints. Easy 4 wins there.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
All I will say is to have a chance to win against teams like Denver you need to play mistake free football or close to it. Our chances of playing mistake free football increases a lot with Hill starting. I do think the Rams can win games with him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not inclined to vote for any of them. Hill MAY be an improvement and I HOPE we can win consistently with him. I just want to see him play and go from there. I'm fine with guessing but I don't get into the second guessing game so I will just hope it was the right decision and pull for Hill like I did Davis.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We need Hill to just be good to average. Austin did more in the last few games to lose than he did to win. Cutting out the stupid mistakes is enough to at least have a shot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hill is going to have to get the ball out in 2 seconds or less to have a chance.
Denvers d isn't bad, but it certainly isn't the of the caliber we've faced the past 5 weeks.
The last stretch of defensive fronts have been incredibly tough. Hopefully the oline will be able to hold their blocks for a second or two. Something I haven't seen in weeks.
If they cant, than Hills lack of mobility may be an issue.

Idk. I guess we'll find out Sunday. I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing him play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. It's probably too late and Hill isn't a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. We'll be more competitive if Hill can beat the blitz, doesn't fall apart late in close games, and avoids costly turnovers but I think this team likely ends up with 6-7 wins.

Athos

Legend
We win against SD, Arz, Washington, Gaints. Easy 4 wins there.

The only easy possible wins we have are NY and OAK. Both still pretty bad teams. SD in SD won't be a cake walk. Neither will the Foreskins D make the game easy. Only one blowout loss on the reason. Every other game they've played has been highly competitive, and that was even with TO machine Cousins QB-ing.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think we can, but I don't think that means we will. Our defense is looking like they will be able to keep up in games, if not win it outright at times. Though facing Denver might be the only "hiccup". I don't think that Hill will lose us any games, but our offense is still has many question marks.
How bad is the offensive line? I think this is the biggest question, we can't run or pass effectively without an oline.
Can we rely on the run game like last year? As for most of the season we have been rather pass heavy, similar to the 1st 4 weeks of last season.
What is going on with Zac Stacy? I was really big on him going into the year and now he's on special teams.
Are the receivers getting open consistently or is the QB not getting it to them? I've seen receivers open a lot, especially on Ints but I can't imagine its all on Davis.
Is it play calling, defensive adjustment, or poor execution that dooms us in the 2nd half? 3rd and 4th quarter scores are keys to winning close games and we don't do it.
Imagine a healthy (indestructible) Sam Bradford with this offense? I generally try to avoid questions like this, but I'm still hopeful.

fancents86

Starter
I will say this is prob one of the best games to see what Hill can do with this offense. If he does decent, there's no way you can say he played against a weak, inferior team or injury plagued team. If Hill ups our offense, I feel he can do it against any team left on the schedule.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
With Hill in there. .... we BETTER get that running game on track! and I mean well over 100 yds. per game on track. Hill won't have the mobility to extend plays like Davis does. He's going to need the running game to open PA for him. Davis' problem is blitz recognition and trying to make the "hero play". Love his moxie ... but the kid just needs to mature ... then I think he will be Ok. At least a solid #2