Can I get on the Jeffery Bandwagon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that but this is the second time I've watched this kid and he is ridiculous!!

Don't know if he would be AS good with the Rams but he looks better than anyone they have had in years.

A55VA6

Legend
This is one of the guys I wanted the Rams to draft last year.. knew he'd be good.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Maybe we should stop over analyzing on all that pre-draft red flag garbage. Talent is talent.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Hard to believe that 6 WRs were drafted ahead of him last year.

Snead screwed up taking Quick, but how about the Niners taking AJ Jenkins. Huge screw up by Niners. And Jets take Hill 2 picks before Jefferey. Lots of mistakes were made.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hard to believe that 6 WRs were drafted ahead of him last year.

Snead screwed up taking Quick, but how about the Niners taking AJ Jenkins. Huge screw up by Niners. And Jets take Hill 2 picks before Jefferey. Lots of mistakes were made.
Yeah, you could say that. However, Quick looks like he is still ascending compared to Hill...and has definitely shown more than Jenkins. I'll wait until after year 3 to really gather my opinion on Quick and his selection ahead of Jeffery.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ha, you want to make passing on Jeffery really sting, look at the pick that Chicago took him with...they acquired the pick from Dallas via St.Louis. So its the pick we traded down from and selected...Isiah Pead.

A55VA6

Legend
I still hate the Quick pick. I wanted Jeffrey or Stephen Hill. Definitely wish we got Jeffrey.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Drafters regrets.
It's know as the Brady syndrome.
If every team knew he would have been this good he wouldn't have been on the board when the Rams made their first pick after the trade down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we should stop over analyzing on all that pre-draft red flag garbage. Talent is talent.

Exactly. People said he was fat and slow. I go to SC and I told them that this kid was going to show up and stand out on Sundays. His hands were the best hands I've seen since Fitz. He had ridiculous body control, amazing hands and made contested catches look easy and routine. Mike Evans is very much the same way which is why I like him so much.

I blew a gasket when the Rams took Quick at #33. I was adamant that we needed to take Jeffery.

But, they did make up for that some with the drafting of Tavon and Stedman. They as well as Keenan Allen and Markus Wheaton were on my guaranteed WR list last year. From what I've seen of both, I think they'll be very good NFL players. We just need that one big guy that dominates at the catch point.

Oh and by the way, people are doing the exact same thing with Clowney this year. Funny how history repeats itself. Don't buy into the media attacking Clowney. As Angry Ram said, talent is talent. Alshon had it. Clowney has it. Like with Alshon, I've seen more than enough of Clowney to confirm that.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Would anyone here be willing to trade multiple picks for the kid if the Bears were willing? Or dare I say one of our number 1's? Just throwing it out there for discussion.. The Bears would be crazy to trade this kid.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a Ram - won't be jumping on that band wagon. We are finally amassing some talent after HOW many bad drafts? Yep - it appears at this stage that he was possibly a better pick but I'm just going to continue believing in Quick. I actually think he is going to be good. As good as Alshon? Time will tell.

RAM$

UDFA
I think Quick has a higher ceiling than Alshon it's just a matter of getting there, if he ever does.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would anyone here be willing to trade multiple picks for the kid if the Bears were willing? Or dare I say one of our number 1's? Just throwing it out there for discussion.. The Bears would be crazy to trade this kid.

Yes. I'd trade our 1st in a heartbeat for Jeffery.

ausmurp

Starter
Oh man, people are so biased. Seriously, Quick's ceiling is NOT higher than Jeffery's. That is rediculous. And Quick is not near the physical talent that Jeffery is. Jeffery runs reverses and blows past people. He is a lot faster than most would think. He beats guys deep. He is a complete WR.

Quick can be a good player but he will not be as good as Alshon Jeffery let's clear that up right now.

ausmurp

Starter
Jrry would you take Mike Evans over Sammy Watkins? I'm just curious. I know you are equally/more a fan of the NFL draft as I, and you seem to have a knack for identifying the best WR in drafts. Would combine performances change your status of best WR between the two?

How about trading Pead for him :sad:.

lockdnram21

Legend
Oh man, people are so biased. Seriously, Quick's ceiling is NOT higher than Jeffery's. That is rediculous. And Quick is not near the physical talent that Jeffery is. Jeffery runs reverses and blows past people. He is a lot faster than most would think. He beats guys deep. He is a complete WR.

Quick can be a good player but he will not be as good as Alshon Jeffery let's clear that up right now.

how do you know he want be as good? you dont know and want no until we see quick with a actual qb again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry would you take Mike Evans over Sammy Watkins? I'm just curious. I know you are equally/more a fan of the NFL draft as I, and you seem to have a knack for identifying the best WR in drafts. Would combine performances change your status of best WR between the two?

I would take Evans over Watkins. The only things at the combine that would change my opinion would be if Evans had some major medical issue, came in really out of shape or came off as a thug that can't be coached in the interviews. I highly doubt any of that happens.