Can Goff find that sweet spot on the Dalton Scale?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How do you think he will compare to say, Bradford's, Luck's or Cam Newton's Rookie years!?(y)
4000 yards, 30+ td passes....10 wins...
How's that Dave?

I guess they let any hack write at TST now huh?
my thoughts exactly.....LOL(y):snicker:

I personally agree with a bunch that say Andy is damn fine QB....and would be proud to see one like that in Horns... @Wolfecola then posts some stuff that makes me laugh. Dalton sure had the choke gene going for the first few years. ...I bet with Dalton last year they win that playoff game vs the steelers...AJ looked damn good too...maybe it's Hue???

Wanna congratulate @-X- on a fine read.....It'll be interesting to see where you go with this my man....:yess:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fans' interpretation of what makes a successful NFL QB is interesting. Someone posted on the Rams subreddit that they hope Jared Goff is as good as Alex Smith and I posted how Smith is a bust, and got roasted. Smith is on the same level of Bradford, in my opinion, and I think the majority of us would agree that as Smith was for the 49ers, Bradford was a bust for our team.

Smith, Bradford, and even Dalton to a lesser extent, are all sub-par QB's in my eyes. There are bits and pieces of their games that look great on paper, but haven't translated to much.

Smith was a bust for the 49ers but the Smith in KC is an above average QB. As was the Smith over his final couple of years in SF. I want Goff to be better but if he ends up being as good as Alex Smith has been the past few years, that would still be a QB you can win a Super Bowl with.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I am the writer of the Turf Show Times piece.
So tell me ,did the piece on Laurinaitis inspire you to try to improve on the content at TST?
Removed TST from my bookmarks after that piece.May have to put back in if your going
to writing over there.Good Job.

tavian

Smith was a bust for the 49ers but the Smith in KC is an above average QB. As was the Smith over his final couple of years in SF. I want Goff to be better but if he ends up being as good as Alex Smith has been the past few years, that would still be a QB you can win a Super Bowl with.
Jrry,
You should join X in writing for TST from time to time.Between the two of you
it could make a huge improvement in content.

tavian

True, but then he does things like this:
Dalton.gif
If Goff had the talent to pull off this "fake pass self lateral" we would be playoff bound.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry,
You should join X in writing for TST from time to time.Between the two of you
it could make a huge improvement in content.

Eh. If they asked, I'd consider it. Don't know if I will have time to do it until mid-August. Going to be working full time this summer.

I am the writer of the Turf Show Times piece.

I don't know, X, I'd call it the Jay Cutler scale. But I guess I'm being nitpicky. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eh. If they asked, I'd consider it. Don't know if I will have time to do it until mid-August. Going to be working full time this summer.

I don't know, X, I'd call it the Jay Cutler scale. But I guess I'm being nitpicky. ;)
I didn't coin the phrase, but I do agree that Jay Cutler - the perpetual tease - is a good barometer.
A few head coaches have tried to make him the focal point of the offense and never really got anything out of it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I rather have Dalton over Cutler. Cutler seems like he could always be better but never is. Dalton seems like he should be worse but exceeds expectations. I expect Goff to leave both in the rear view mirror in a year or so.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I rather have Dalton over Cutler. Cutler seems like he could always be better but never is. Dalton seems like he should be worse but exceeds expectations. I expect Goff to leave both in the rear view mirror in a year or so.

That's where I stand. I'd put Dalton and Alex Smith a tier above Cutler. Cutler is my "franchise QB" cut-off. I.E. a guy good enough that you're not actively looking to replace him. That's where I'd draw the line.

Although, Dalton's playoff meltdowns arguably put him in that tier.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is the point I should have known it was you:

(Insert obligatory reference to Kurt Warner's remarkableness here to dispel any perceived slight on my part as a result of his omission in this article).

Yes it is too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So tell me ,did the piece on Laurinaitis inspire you to try to improve on the content at TST?
Removed TST from my bookmarks after that piece.May have to put back in if your going
to writing over there.Good Job.
I became part of the team over there because they asked me to help out across all of their social platforms. That includes being able to write whenever I feel like it, so I'll obviously be lending my optimistic slant whenever I see fit. There are obviously some guys over there who are clearly sick of the Rams losing, and it comes across in their writing, but they're just fans who want the best for the team. But yeah, to answer your question, I'm gonna try to provide some balance.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I became part of the team over there because they asked me to help out across all of their social platforms. That includes being able to write whenever I feel like it, so I'll obviously be lending my optimistic slant whenever I see fit. There are obviously some guys over there who are clearly sick of the Rams losing, and it comes across in their writing, but they're just fans who want the best for the team. But yeah, to answer your question, I'm gonna try to provide some balance.

A more upbeat demeanor may help change the overall landscape there too. Some fans are so sick and tired and it shows.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
LACHAMP46.
Stop low balling it and tell us what you really think.
Okay,,

4500 yards passing, 38 TD's ( 34 passing & 4 rushing)....and a partridge in a pear tree.....LOL....I seriously think the guy is gonna take us to another level....

If Goff finds Dalton's sweet spot I'm going to be jealous.

josephine%20dalton%20gym.jpg
Newfound respect for Andy Dalton....;)(y)(y)(y):wow::wow::wow::party::sup::banana::mustache::mustache::mustache::mustache::mustache: