Can Fisher be salvaged, and if so how?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Say what you want about guys like Arians, the players know he has their back.
That cuts both ways...

Just my opinion... but I think these players know Fisher has their backs... but, to a fault.

Are they playing like they have Fisher's back? When they stop playing like they do, you get this:
Fisher WILL eventually lose the locker room (if he hasn't already).

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That cuts both ways...

Just my opinion... but I think these players know Fisher has their backs... but, to a fault.

Are they playing like they have Fisher's back? When they stop playing like they do, you get this:
Fisher has his players' backs to such a degree that he's fostered a sense of entitlement among them. They deserve to win because they have so much talent. They deserve to be treated like kids at a day care center.

Well, fuck that, we as fans deserve a team that gives its all and goes above .500 at least once a decade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only chance Fish has is a huge run by this team to win out. But that is not realistic at all. This team is fundamentally broken offensively and it starts at the top.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
How much can you really blame this on Fisher? What coach has success in the current NFL without QB talent? Is it even Fisher's fault that the offense is this bad?
-He walked in here with Bradford as the franchise QB and things are looking up.
-Bradford's injuries (which were only immentent in hindsight) limit the offense to backup QBs for a couple seasons.
-Fisher does the right thing and trades the injury plagued Bradford away because we can't risk it and manages to pick up a former Pro Bowl QB with a solid résumé.
-Foles turns out to be nothing like advertised and we are once again stuck with a backup.

Fisher has tried to improve the offense. We have brought in free agents, used high draft picks on WR, RB, and OL, and even cycled through a few OCs trying to find a fit. Even after all these years, I still don't think you can accurately evaluate the HC that Fisher is.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I could see a scenario where I would let Fisher be the HC - let him talk to the media, let him wear those pink glasses, maybe even let him make the practice schedule.

But he would get no kind of say in the offensive game plan. Not playcalls, not suggestions, not even tone. He doesn't decide when to pass or when to run, what kind of personnel to have the field - none of it. Just work with your D or chat up the officials over there, Jeff.

He doesn't even get to decide when to kick a field goal, go for it, punt - all of that is decided by the game manager (a new coaching position that I am inventing).

I would also have a coach dedicated to replays - take that red flag away from him - he doesn't know how to use it. The game manager holds it - and has a guy in the booth watching the feed on a headset.

So, in other words, he can be the king of England - he can have title - but absolutely no power whatsoever.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
How much can you really blame this on Fisher? What coach has success in the current NFL without QB talent? Is it even Fisher's fault that the offense is this bad?
-He walked in here with Bradford as the franchise QB and things are looking up.
-Bradford's injuries (which were only immentent in hindsight) limit the offense to backup QBs for a couple seasons.
-Fisher does the right thing and trades the injury plagued Bradford away because we can't risk it and manages to pick up a former Pro Bowl QB with a solid résumé.
-Foles turns out to be nothing like advertised and we are once again stuck with a backup.

Fisher has tried to improve the offense. We have brought in free agents, used high draft picks on WR, RB, and OL, and even cycled through a few OCs trying to find a fit. Even after all these years, I still don't think you can accurately evaluate the HC that Fisher is.

While I agree that every team needs QB talent and JF hasn't been blessed with it while here. I would argue it is his fault that we have had no plan for it and no reasonable action taken to fix it.

- started with SB all good, made great trade since he had the QB...so far so good
-SB gets hurt, not his fault
-SB back, but now you have history quite honestly should have either brought in above average QB back-up and/or drafted a possible replacement (say 3rd -4th rounder, project and one could push for a 2nd rounder) to cover for possible injury and have plan in case sam prices himself to high coming up
-trades SB, smart move, gets ton of value (QB and picks)...I give full credit here
-gives Foles extension based on no real games with team...huh
-like the Manion pick, a year late in my mind, but what you should do...but this is project player, so not even back-up guy
-trades for a QB we let go year before...either he made mistake letting him go, or made mistake trading back for him....
-we enter year 5 with what, we can cut Foles (take cap hit), do not see us sticking with Keenum (so traded for 1 year rental), hope to draft a good one in first round (but that kind a negates the Mannion pick - who I would not really look at as fill in guy while draft pick gets up to speed), get a veteran to fill in for a year while you get draft guy up to speed, or is therea veteran out there you would really want to pick up as FA to move forward with?

Note several of the options for year 5 make it a likely throw away year....again.....