Can Cashman get some Kudos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Speaking of prospects, I really hope that Yairo Munoz makes the Cards roster as a super-sub. He has the bat to profile everywhere, and he's played all positions except for catcher and pitcher.

That is what the Yankees hope for Tyler Wade too. It didn't work out too well last year though. Wade was top shelf in the minors but didn't hit a lick in the majors. He made some adjustments to his swing this off-season so, we'll see. I hope they don't let Ronald Torreyes go. He was a very good bench player for them last year. He may not be the prospect that Wade is A but he produced as a hitter and has a good glove for the infield.....plus I like seeing the other players lift him up to high five Aaron Judge when Judge hits a home run.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It looks likely that we won't see them until September call ups, barring injury to Drury or Walker. I like both Walker and Drury. They are good fits. It's just being a longtime minor league follower, and rooting for prospects along each level, I get excited and impatient when I know that the Yankees finally have some legitimate mlb players in the farm system that have reached AAA. It's not a total loss in that regard though. I live an hour from Scranton. It should be a good season to see some more high quality prospects play at AAA. I took my son several times to see Sanchez and Judge. He loved it. It gets him more excited to watch the NY Yankees now too because he knows and has rooted for those two.

Years ago, I got the Yankees magazine for all of the minor league info. That was before the internet was around. I used to order shirts from some of the minor league affiliates. I drove to Harrisburg to watch Bernie Williams. He stood out from everyone on both teams. He was huge and easily the best athlete on the field. I remember thinking that Domingo Jean was a much better prospect than Mariano Rivera. Ill never tire of following team development.
Great post. @PARAM will remember me beyotching about not playing “the kids” even while the Yankees were winning a World Series. But this to me is different. We didn’t replace Andujar/Torres with a washed up Kevin Youklis or Chase Headley. We keep those kids and keep the service time while letting another “kid” like Drury hold down the fort. I think we’ll see at least one of them prior to September call ups. Guys wear down, injuries unfortunately happen. If either is tearing up the minors, they’ll be up.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Great post. @PARAM will remember me beyotching about not playing “the kids” even while the Yankees were winning a World Series. But this to me is different. We didn’t replace Andujar/Torres with a washed up Kevin Youklis or Chase Headley. We keep those kids and keep the service time while letting another “kid” like Drury hold down the fort. I think we’ll see at least one of them prior to September call ups. Guys wear down, injuries unfortunately happen. If either is tearing up the minors, they’ll be up.

I think they'll both be with the big club after the all star game. I could see Neil Walker bringing us a couple of mid level prospects before the trade deadline!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they'll both be with the big club after the all star game. I could see Neil Walker bringing us a couple of mid level prospects before the trade deadline!
So bummed about Bird. Man.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Elmgrovegnome @PARAM
Ever notice that the Red Sox are like the punk in the bar who waits for the biggest bouncer in the joint to be nearby before they sucker punch someone? So ridiculous. Brock Holt, " We’re not trying to fight those guys over there. They’re big,”
Effing Pu$$y

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Drury being out with migraines is allowing Andujar to show that Cashman was right to trade for Drury....I thought Andujar was ready. He has been a slow starter every spring though.

The defense was rough tonight.

It seems that Sonny Gray may be one of those small market lower pressure aces. He has not been nearly as good as he was in Oakland. I was reminded tonight why I don't like him. He is a slow worker and it makes for boring games, even if he is pitching well.

@dieterbrock if I didn't know better, I would think they were all from Philadelphia.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drury being out with migraines is allowing Andujar to show that Cashman was right to trade for Drury....I thought Andujar was ready. He has been a slow starter every spring though.

The defense was rough tonight.

It seems that Sonny Gray may be one of those small market lower pressure aces. He has not been nearly as good as he was in Oakland. I was reminded tonight why I don't like him. He is a slow worker and it makes for boring games, even if he is pitching well.

@dieterbrock if I didn't know better, I would think they were all from Philadelphia.
Agree across the board. That said, if we are going to have an automatic out at 2B, may as well be Torres because Wade offers nothing.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
@Elmgrovegnome @PARAM
Ever notice that the Red Sox are like the punk in the bar who waits for the biggest bouncer in the joint to be nearby before they sucker punch someone? So ridiculous. Brock Holt, " We’re not trying to fight those guys over there. They’re big,”
Effing Pu$$y

Ever notice that Tyler Austin is the punk at the bar who takes off his shirt when he is about to get in a fight and then goes after the skinny kid (Kelly) only to get beat up by the skinny kid and then his giant friend (Judge) is pushing him away from the skinny kid because he knows that his friend (Austin) is just having another roid rage.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ever notice that Tyler Austin is the punk at the bar who takes off his shirt when he is about to get in a fight and then goes after the skinny kid (Kelly) only to get beat up by the skinny kid and then his giant friend (Judge) is pushing him away from the skinny kid because he knows that his friend (Austin) is just having another roid rage.

I like Austin. He’s a good guy and can hit. He through the bat down and started toward the mound but hesitated until Kelly said,”Let’s do this”. Kelly chose the fight and lucky for him the catcher got Austin off his feet.

Judge was being smart. He grabbed Kelly and got him out of harms way to the dugout. It stopped things from getting ugly.

Then you have Cora acted like a teenager afterwards. I guess it hasn’t sunk in yet that he is the manager.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Then you have Cora acted like a teenager afterwards. I guess it hasn’t sunk in yet that he is the manager.

True, but Nevin was acting stupid. Interesting that nobody ever seen Cora wave him off. It was only covered on YES network. But, without the massive amounts of waving, I agreed with Cora. Stop staring in the dugout. No need for Nevin to keep walking by and staring in the dugout.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boston is such a tough town, with legit bad azzes. Why is the baseball team full of such sissies? Holt, who started the whole mess is crying about being sorry. And man, what a clown Cora is, wouldn't even leave the dugout....
Bostonstrong for sure, as long as it doesn't include the Sox....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Boston is such a tough town, with legit bad azzes. Why is the baseball team full of such sissies? Holt, who started the whole mess is crying about being sorry. And man, what a clown Cora is, wouldn't even leave the dugout....

I think the whole thing was silly. Holt wasnt getting in Austins face or anything. Probably just said something along the lines of "Dude, you came up kind of high there. It was a force play. I think most players understand the rule is kind of messed up and has players confused. Not sure why the benches emptied in the first place. And honestly, but not positive, things had been broken up when Cora was in the dugout and Nevin was marching around like he was going to do something. I could be wrong though. I imagine Cora was letting the umps sort through things first and thought he had already talked to them, but I honestly dont remember. I dont focus on the coaches during those things lol.

Honestly I dont think Kelly throws at Austin if the benches dont clear on the slide.

Lets be honest, the Red Sox look like a high school team next to the Yankees. Would you come out of the dugout if Judge, Stanton, CC, Bentaces to name a few where standing there waiting for you lol?

Truth be told it was fun to watch but totally unneccesary.

We didnt even talk about Sonny Gray and Benny Biceps doing the stare down in the opener.....what was that?!?!? lol.

Good to see some fire in anger in these games again.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Its been like that for a few year. This core has no balls and it has shown ten fold since Ortiz left. Betts, Bradly, Xander, Vasquez. They all came up together. I have been beating the table they need to trade a couple of them. They are all really good player, but they dont mind losing......very frustrating. Throw in Price and his numb hand and head and there is your answer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its been like that for a few year. This core has no balls and it has shown ten fold since Ortiz left. Betts, Bradly, Xander, Vasquez. They all came up together. I have been beating the table they need to trade a couple of them. They are all really good player, but they dont mind losing......very frustrating. Throw in Price and his numb hand and head and there is your answer.
Tito would have been out there and Pedroia would probably throw down with Judge. Lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the whole thing was silly. Holt wasnt getting in Austins face or anything. Probably just said something along the lines of "Dude, you came up kind of high there. It was a force play. I think most players understand the rule is kind of messed up and has players confused. Not sure why the benches emptied in the first place. And honestly, but not positive, things had been broken up when Cora was in the dugout and Nevin was marching around like he was going to do something. I could be wrong though. I imagine Cora was letting the umps sort through things first and thought he had already talked to them, but I honestly dont remember. I dont focus on the coaches during those things lol.

Honestly I dont think Kelly throws at Austin if the benches dont clear on the slide.

Lets be honest, the Red Sox look like a high school team next to the Yankees. Would you come out of the dugout if Judge, Stanton, CC, Bentaces to name a few where standing there waiting for you lol?

Truth be told it was fun to watch but totally unneccesary.

We didnt even talk about Sonny Gray and Benny Biceps doing the stare down in the opener.....what was that?!?!? lol.

Good to see some fire in anger in these games again.

I know it is tough to hold the temper, but the first bench clearing was just dumb. Maybe it’s from so much youth on the teams.

I don’t agree with the old school rules that if a hitter/runner pisses off the team or shows up a pitcher by hitting a home run, then you hit him with a pitch the next time around. This isn’t the 70’s anymore. I understand brushing someone back if they crowd the plate, but why risk injuring the batter, giving up a free base, and then getting ejected? Boston is not stacked in the pen and Kelly has been pretty good for them. Why remove himself from the game?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I know it is tough to hold the temper, but the first bench clearing was just dumb. Maybe it’s from so much youth on the teams.

I don’t agree with the old school rules that if a hitter/runner pisses off the team or shows up a pitcher by hitting a home run, then you hit him with a pitch the next time around. This isn’t the 70’s anymore. I understand brushing someone back if they crowd the plate, but why risk injuring the batter, giving up a free base, and then getting ejected? Boston is not stacked in the pen and Kelly has been pretty good for them. Why remove himself from the game?

I agree somewhat. The old school thing is rather old lol, but in this case I like thst Kelly went after him. What I didn’t like was he did it twice. If you miss them too bad. The reason I was ok with it is hopefully players will think twice before coming in like that on slides. Holt was defenseless and Austin did lift his leg. A fastball off the butt is ok with me.

But yes some of the old school stuff is very dumb can’t disagree with you there